The Onederland Express - Hop on Here!! #5

You're on Page 5 of 34
Go to
  • Morning Girls ...well I weighed in this morning at exactly what I did last Friday...but I will take it since it was no gain because i was basically good for half the week and bad for the other half, so it just balanced itself out I guess...I know next Friday I will have a good loss...

Mel - Hi, how are ya? I am worried about you since we havent heard much from you in the last couple of weeks.

Arabella - flowers turned out great, with it being so hot I have to really be up on the watering though, one day without and they fall and wilt ...you have cool weather? I swear I need to move up there ....I love it cool, what kind of temps are we talking about?

Susie - Yeah we built the house new 7 years ago but havent done alot to it since it was new, but now we find we want to change some things...it was all complete as of last night, the blinds looks great, dh did a great job, I was very excited...makes me want to get home and sit in it and enjoy it, haha

Liz - I hope the weigh in at TOPS goes great ...yeah chinese is horrible for salt...but that is probably why it tastes so dang good.

and YAY, we finally all made it to FRIDAY !! Hope everyone has a great weekend...I know I will because a cold front is coming through and the weekend temps are gonna be 78-82 which will be perfect...see ya!

Carri
  • Hi ladies, I'm still here but not completely here if that makes sense? The boys are off for summer and DH is off work for his foot problem, he will have surgery next week. It's not major surgery but should help him walk without pain. So with him and both kids home my food schedule is all messed up. I have been eating bad things and not counting. I had myself on a good schedule when everyone was on a reg schedule. I need to figure out a plan for the summer...the stress of DH being home constantly isn't helping either lol Ok enough of my whining! I will say I'm staying within 2 pounds of 190.6....today was 192.2. I will say I want the 180s back haha
    Have a great day ladies!!
  • I am some great news to report! I had a 4.75 lb loss at TOPS last night. I was shocked...I thought I was down about 2 lbs so I'm really, really happy.

I looked back over my food chart and looking at it, I can say that I think I ate more calories this past week but those calories were from protein, fiber and veggies and I watched my intake of saltly foods. I will continue to try and do this. The only night that I eat "bad" is after my TOPS weigh-in..I don't "throw it all out the door" but I will have fries, or Gold Star...and I'm ok with that.

Mel: Being off a schedule is really hard and you are correct it will bring you stress, so yes you do need to find a plan to deal with both of those. Do you have any ideas how to in mind? It looks like you are doing something right, those numbers on the scales look good! It's really, really good to hear from you.

Carri: I bet you have a great loss next week--that is what happened to me. The week before I did pretty well or so I thought but when I weighed it didn't show. So I just went forward and did well this week and they both showed up!

Liz, Auntie and Arabella--Hope to hear from you guys soon.
  • Susie - WOW!!! That deserves all of them!! Good for you!

Mel - Wow the kids are off early! Jacob's last day of preschool is June 23rd...it's only two mornings a week but I like those mornings, haha...makes it easier to concentrate on my work for a few hours! I'm signing him up for a few summer camps for mornings. Do you guys do anything special in the summer? Glad to hear DH is getting surgery and will be able to walk pain free! Anyhow keep checking in if you can!

Carri - Glad to hear the blinds look great, how does the fan look? Or are you still working on that one? I was going through a mental checklist of everything we've done...quite a bit really, we've been here 3 years. Mind you this is also a 40 year old house so that makes a difference too!

Anyhow bbq with the whole family tonight, I bought myself some low calorie burger patties so I can indulge with everyone else. Hope everybody has a great friday and a better weekend!
  • Susie- congrats!!!!! That's amazing!
    I don't know how to make a good plan yet bc we are always on the go in the summer and never know where we will be to eat Any suggestions would be great!

Liz- Logan got out of preschool at the end of may and Cody got out of the first grade the beginning of this month.
    Hope you enjoyed your BBQ!

193.2 this morning yuck!!! Didn't eat dinner until late bc of yard work so I'm hoping that's it. Need to clear my head and stomach!
  • Quick check-in. I went for a walk this morning..it's the first time in a long time that I got up and did that. I'm planning it tomorrow as well--I have a bit of a headache right now..it just popped up..took some migraine meds and hoping it goes away.

I'll check in tomorrow and do personals.
  • Good morning. I've gotten my walk, pushups and streatching in for the day!

It is a busy day for me and one where I'm going to have to be careful with the food. We have church this morning, then home for a quick lunch, then a 50th Anniversary party to attend, then a 4 yr old birthday party to attend..and some where in there we need to do a bit of grocery shopping!

I did very well at the Bannana Split Festival last night. I had a deluxe baked potato and 1 dip in a cup of strawberry ice cream...plus I carried my 3 month old nephew around most of the time--he was 15 lbs--I can feel it in my arms this morning!

Mel: So good to see you here! You do have a challenge with being on the go so much this summer. I will suggest that maybe you freeze, grapes, strawberries etc and have them so you can pluck them out of the freezer--have them in little snack bags ready to go, and put them in a insulated cooler along with bottles of water, and maybe keep or make snack size bags of pretzals, maybe a nut mixture made up so you can toss those into your cooler as well and then when you stop to get something to eat, and I am assuming that most of the time it will be fast food?, then you have things to go with that sandwhich for all of you and it will be healthier than fries and sodas. Also, while they aren't all that calorie friendly most places have a salad you can order.
    I'll keep thinking about it and do some online reserch as well. Also, if you are at a ballgame watching your kids or their practices, be sure to stand more than sit and maybe go for a walk around the park or the field.

Liz: How were the low calorie burgers?

Hi Carri, Arabella, & Auntie

Food for June 11
    B=2 p of bacon and 2 glazed doughnuts (I know..but oh well! )
    L=wheat pasta with spinich, and broccoli in a walnut pesto sauce
    S=2 snickerdoodle cookies
    D=1 loaded baked potato, 1 scoop of strawberry ice cream in a cup
    Lots and Lots of Water all day!
  • Happy Sunday, Goils! I'm having a nice low-key weekend. The actually came out and -- wonder of wonders -- it's actually warm today.

I took in the 90-minute kill-ya hot yoga class yesterday. Today's was the 60-min. "lite" class, which TBH is eeeenough for me at this point. If it was an option every day, I'd take it more often. But I'm bound to start finding it easier. Sometime.

No loss visible yet, although I've been doing well. Hoping to have a surprise dip tomorrow for WI but, whatever, I'll just keep pluggin' along. I know for a fact that I'm building muscle because hot yoga works on every muscle in your body. And I AM getting stronger.

SUSIE!!! 4.75 is fantastic! (Now step away from the glazed donuts, Ma'am. )

You'd asked me what kind of performance I was practicing for a while back and I don't think I ever answered. I sing choral music. My regular choir meets Sept. - April. We do Handel's Messiah every December and a Requiem or some such in spring. This is a different group and we're performing Carmina Burana on July 3. Such thrilling music!

Mel, I bet your late dinner was to blame. Always gets me...

Liz, yay for summer camps! I don't know how you manage to get any work done with little ones at home. It's only the last year or so that I can accomplish anything when DGS is here.

Carri, yesterday the high was 13 (about 55 F) but with a freezing cold wind that made it seem cooler. Nice today -- 70, which is loooovely! But we've hardly had any days this warm so far this year. Mostly 50ish. Sweater weather. Which, frankly, I don't appreciate in June!

Auntie g!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, all!

• Morning All - it was a BEAUTIFUL weekend here, perfect temps...around 75-77all weekend and I was outside mostly all day yesterday and guess what? Yep I have some major sunburn, even used some sunscreen but guess i didnt put it on as well as I thought, boy sunburn really stings...but it was just such great weather I had to be out in it. I didnt do to bad food wise....I was down 3 pds to 224.8 on Saturday so yay !!!!! but sunday I did go over cals as we had a cookout at a friends house and there were some not so diet friendly foods around...but I could have done worse...hoping for another good loss this week...

Susie - 4.75 pd loss??? CONGRATS !!!! that is so wonderful !!!!

Arabella - okay, that is it, I am moving to Canada - those are my kind of temps...I just like it cooler year round...although if we could keep this kind of summer weather in the 70's I would love it !!

Liz - the ceiling fan looks great !! It really makes the living room look good...now on to the next project of finishing the basement...and it is going to be a BIG one....ughhhhhhh

Mel - dont get too down, at least you are maintaining in the low 190's....you can turn things around.

Auntie G - Hi !! what was your loss last week? You have been doing such a great job !

Everybody have a great day, I am going to go out at lunch and enjoy more of this lovely weather while I can....probably next week it will be back in the mid 90's.

See ya
    Carri
  • We had a beautful day yesterday and I was outside all day but stayed under the "reception" tents..I'm so fair and very careful in the sun.

I even went for a 6:30 a.m. walk yesterday morning before church. I was feeling so good about going for that walk on Sat and Sun morning and it does set my head straight for staying On Plan.

I don't know if all the fresh air contributed to the migraine I got last night about 6:30 but it knocked me off my feet and today I still feel it some.
    I seem to be getting these mirgraines around the 10-14 day of the month and that would be ovulation time, so I think it's something to do with hormones. I'm going to talk to my GYN about it in August when I go.

Arabella: Doesn't it feel good to get stronger? So you are a singer?! That is great..I do a bit of singing myself. I sing a lot at church and do solos when asked and I sing at weddings and I've sang at two funerals--those are hard.
    I like to sing with a choir because it really helps me to improve my voice, range and pitch for those solo times.

Carri: I hope the sunburn isn't to bad. It looks like you are on track for a good loss this week!

Food for June 12
    b=2 p of bacon, 1 pancake with syrup
    L=1/2 Peanut butter sandwich, grapes
    S=1 p of cake at Anniversary open house and 1 p of cake at b-day party
    D=Nothing....migraine makes my stomach upset.
  • Susie-those are AMAZING ideas!!! I am def going to do the frozen fruit!! Thank you for the ideas! I am so sorry to hear about your migraines

Arabella- Good luck with your WI and yay for hot yoga!

Carri-hope your sunburn goes away soon! Yay for a 3 pound loss!!
  • Morning All ...another good day down yesterday...it was another beautiful day weather wise so I did some more gardening outside...well I just did some little pots of herbs, but it was still work !!! For those of you who didnt see on fb, I did some cilantro, basil, and hot peppers...I had really good luck with my hot peppers last year so hoping to have that again this year, although my cilantro is looking kind of pitiful.

Arabella - wish I could find a choir near me that was non-church related...I love to sing...sounds like a great thing to do.

Sunburn is better today but it is SUPER itchy and is driving me crazy here at work....been scratching all morning.

Susie - you might have had a migraine from all that sugar...haha ...that was alot of sugar that day.

Okay, well have a good OP day all ....
    See ya,
    Carri

B - low cal english muffin and 1 T butter - 150 cals
    L - Arbys Jr Roast beef ( 3 with only one bun ) and water - 350 cals
    S - Starbucks green tea, half syrup - 60 cals and Kashi bar - 140 cals
    D - 1/2 cup cottage cheese -120 cals, and turkey smoked sausage - 260 cals
    S - one square dark chocolate - 70 cals
    total for day - 1150 ....I normally dont stay this low any day but because I was so over cals for Sunday I wanted to be alot lower to maybe balance it out for the weigh in...
  • Hey girls I would love to hop on! I have been posting in the 100 pound club thread similar to this but I think i am just posting to myself lol I am determined to get to 199 by July 20th! I am at 214.8 now!!!
  • Morning girls....I had another good OP day yesterday, however got up this morning and hopped on the scale ( which I shouldnt have ) and it should me up 0.2. ...which isnt a big deal I know...but still ...I did have alot of sodium last night in my meal so I am hoping that is the issue....wont get on the scales again until Friday morning...

Briana - welcome, we would love to have you ....good luck on your journey !!! Tell us a bit about yourself...

Cant believe no one has posted since I did yesterday, what is up with you girls ??? hahaha

It has been raining and storming all morning here....I am glad because my yard could really use it....

Hope you all have a great day !!!

Later,
    Carri
  • I'm here, I'm here!
    Nice NSV yesterday, and another one today. One of the instructors said yesterday "Every time I see you, you look smaller -- it's crazy!"

And this morning I was feeling a little discouraged about not seeing the evidence on the scale so I decided to try on some tops I'd mistakenly gotten a size too small a month or so ago. They fit! And they were unwearable when I got them, a good two inches from buttoning. So I'll take that as encouragement.

Nice to have new clothes options, too -- I found another top in the closet that I'd bought and forgotten, so I've got 4 or 5 "new" tops.

A size tends to be the equivalent of ten pounds, so I guess there are other factors at work to explain why I've only lost five. And the weight will come off sometime, when the other factors aren't factoring in anymore.

Carri, the choir I belong to is associated with a local arts center. Maybe there are some choirs in your area that aren't associated with churches? (I'd be at a loss o/w, too because I'm a "spiritual but not religious" type.) Oh and CONGRATS on that 3-pound loss last week!!!

Susie, you're SO BRAVE!!! I could only do solos in my dreams (or by accident in the middle of a performance). I go to this voice/sound yoga retreat in the summer and first thing we do is perform solo. Even in that setting, I'm too anxious to sing properly so I can just barely imagine trying to sing solo for an audience. I salute you!

Mel, yeah, hot yoga is good! And one of these days I won't be wiped out.

Briana It does get a little tiresome posting to yourself, doesn't it. You're doing great!

Liz, auntie g, hope all is well with you!

Let's get out there and WIN this one, girls!