Gym NSV... kind of.

• So I've been going to the gym 5x a week for about a month now. I couldn't go today because of some extenuating circumstances and so decided to go for a walk with my kids in the stroller instead. With the stroller, I used to be able to do 20 minute miles, about 2.5 miles max. Today I rocked 3.7 miles @ 15:30 min/mile! All that cardio I've been doing at the gym (45-60 min/day) has paid off! I knew I'd been improving on the machines, but it was awesome to see an out-of-the-gym experience corroborate it.
  • Awesome NSV! Way to go!
  • Wow! That's excellent Gale! Way to go!!

(BTW - I think there should be a 3FC rule saying that no "kind of" or "sort of" comments can be included after NSV's.)
  • Lol Jami - I meant it was kind of a gym NSV, I know it was for sure a NSV!
  • Quote: Lol Jami - I meant it was kind of a gym NSV, I know it was for sure a NSV!
    LOL Oh okay, good! I don't like having to scold anyone but my kids! That is definitely one heck of an amazing NSV. Be VERY proud of yourself!!
  • Yay! I love it, congrats.
  • Wow, that's quite an improvement. You ROCK!!!
  • It is a great feeling when you realize that "gym strength" and "gym endurance" have translated into real-world, functional strength and endurance.

On my vacation last week, I did a 7-mile moderately strenuous hike. It didn't hurt at all. At the very end, when one of my group had straggled back on the trail, I hopped up and jogged - JOGGED - back to find him.

No way in **** I could have done that two years ago!

I wasn't sore the next day - in fact I did an easy 2-miler the next day, and could have done more except everyone I was traveling with was destroyed from the 7-miler. :LOL:

So - not to derail your NSVs with my own NSVs, sorry about that. But I know how you feel, and it's great. Congratulations!
  • No NSV derailing happening, the more the merrier!! WTG on not only doing a 7 mile hike but doing a 2 miler the next day, that's fantastic!!
  • That's awesome and I think it's great you didn't use the kids as an excuse to not get in your cardio. When I started my journey my little guys were almost 3 yrs and 3 months old. I would put them in the stroller and off we'd go. They usually enjoyed getting out too.

Awesome on the improvement!
  • Congrats - I so love NSVs, helps me to see why we are trying to lose weight and reminds me not to focus too much on the scale.