Went to the Doctors yesterday for my check up

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Well I went to the docs yesterday and boy was he happy. It had actually been 8 months since he had seen me and I was 285 well the scale at the docs said 199 yesterday (YEAH ONDERLAND . My blood pressure when I was 285 was 130/80 it was 110/70 yesterday he was so happy about me getting my health in order. We discussed how much I should weigh this is where he confused me I was thinking 135 as my final goal weight he said he thinks that would be to small for my age, height, and frame size he said I should weigh around 150 but Im confused the chart he had said I would be overweight he informed me the chart was for teens and early adulthood and it doesnt take into account frame size and age now I really dont have a goal weight. I will get down to 150 then go from there. He said I should write a book for all those people who throw money down the drain on special diet pills and programs how we can do it ourselves and not need any extra help. Overall the appointment was GREAT he cant wait to see my in Novemeber for my check up for my thyriod meds to see how much more I have lost .
  • GREAT JOB!! There's nothing better than having a happy doctor!!

The BMI chart is definitely not the end all be all of healthy weight. There are a TON of factors it doesn't consider. Age and frame size are just two important factors that aren't considered. Listen to your doctor and listen to your body. Like you said, get down to 150 and see how you feel...

And again...FANTASTIC JOB!! Keep up with the great work!!
  • Congrats - what fantastic news. Good for you!!

Angie
  • Absolutely fantastic !!!
  • Yeah! You have improved your health. This is what it is all about.
  • That is phenominal! Great job. I bet the doctor was happy!
  • What a FANTASTIC visit! You must be flying high!
  • Awesome!!
  • That's awesome! I think if you get down to 150 and you are happy and think you look wonderful with the way you look then great! If you still see yourself losing more weight once you hit 150 go towards your goal! You are now under the dreaded 2's your almost there!!!
  • Awesome news!
    Congratulations!!! That is an encouragement to me, what gave me a kick in the pants to get started was high blood pressure and being put on medication for it. You're doing awesome and I hope I can too!
  • Woweeeee...that's AWESOME and YOU'RE AWESOME. Way to go!!!

• So incredibly thrilled for you! That is the best news ever.
  • great news.
    congratulations!!
  • Thanks Guys for all the kind words . I couldnt do this without you guys to encourage me ever step of my journey.
  • Good for you!