• Feathers!

Anyone use this app My Fitness Pal (sorry, site edited out the name of the app)??

It is utterly amazing. I've been keeping myself accountable this way, the app literally has the most amazing nutrition database I've seen. I record everything, no matter where I go out to eat, the app has had the menu item & nutritional content, and allows me to specify exactly the portion of the meals I eat and everything.

Not only does it help with calories, it has shown me I never get enough potassium, calcium, or iron! (anyone have some good multi vitamin recommendations)

anyways, it has even shown me how to improve my workouts to beget better results.

If anyone wants to become friends on the app, I think it would be a great way to stay accountable, & benchmark each others menus & fitness habits!
  • Ha, the content filters on this site are so wacky!

I haven't see this ap, can you log exercise or just what you eat? Is it free?
  • I use MFP- the website, not the app- and it's helpful, though I do have a few problems with it. Is it any different than other calorie/nutrition counters though- My Fit Day, Livestrong, My Plate, etc? I haven't noticed a difference.
  • LOL your post seems like an advertisement posted by a spammer! Glad you are enjoying the app tho... I personally love the Loseit app...
  • I saw the post and wondered what it was. Basically, if we get spammed about a specific website or product enough, we will block the name entirely. I'm guessing the app developers were a bit too spammy in trying to get the word out and had a filter put in place due to it.
  • Thank you Nelie
  • I use the app and the website for my food diary. I love it!
  • I use the app & website together - they sync with each other so you can use the website at home and the app when you are out. I just started a couple of weeks ago and it's the best site I've found so far. I hated to get away from FitDay because I have 5yrs worth of (on and off) data on it but MFP is head and shoulders above all the others in terms of breadth of food data. I've also used SparkPeople, LoseIt & LiveStrong. MFP blows them all away for what I need (YMMV).

The clincher was when I made some misir wot (Ethiopian lentil stew) yesterday. When I went to enter it I assumed MFP wouldn't have it so I just searched for lentil soup. Lo & behold, "Spicy Ethiopian red lentil stew" came up as an option. Sold.
  • I use the app and website--LOVE it!
  • Also a big fan of MFP - I mostly use the website, but have the app as well.
  • wildflower-it is free. i actually haven't checked out other apps like it, i went straight to this one because a friend recommended it. & it does log all your exercises.

i think it is the reason i have been able to continue to lose weight. i hit a wall for a while there, and i'm finally sliding down the 120's. because its content is so complete and specific it really enables you to see exactly what you're putting into your body, and the direct consequence of that nutrition on your health (at the end of every daily log, it shows you exactly how much you'd weigh in 5 weeks if you lived every day exactly like that day!)

cool app. it also showed me how unbelievably badly i'm screwing up my efforts when I go out on the weekends. had no idea alcohol had so many calories!!
  • Quote: I use MFP- the website, not the app- and it's helpful, though I do have a few problems with it. Is it any different than other calorie/nutrition counters though- My Fit Day, Livestrong, My Plate, etc? I haven't noticed a difference.
    Never tried the others, actually. ended up liking this one & went with it. what are the others like?
  • Quote: I use the app & website together - they sync with each other so you can use the website at home and the app when you are out. I just started a couple of weeks ago and it's the best site I've found so far. I hated to get away from FitDay because I have 5yrs worth of (on and off) data on it but MFP is head and shoulders above all the others in terms of breadth of food data. I've also used SparkPeople, LoseIt & LiveStrong. MFP blows them all away for what I need (YMMV).

The clincher was when I made some misir wot (Ethiopian lentil stew) yesterday. When I went to enter it I assumed MFP wouldn't have it so I just searched for lentil soup. Lo & behold, "Spicy Ethiopian red lentil stew" came up as an option. Sold.
    ha that is crazy!!