"30" Day Vegan Challenge :)

You're on Page 6 of 6
Go to
  • Well, it's the last day of May. How's it going???
  • WE DID IT!!!!!

Yesterday wasn't so bad. Treated myself to vegan cookies and a vegan eggroll! haha So happy it's over because now I know I can do it! I'm going at it again soon, maybe for July or August and going until I stop (which is hopefully never). How did it go for you Ashley?
  • Quote: LilMissLi-I would love to try that mac n cheese, any idea about how many calories?
    Hmmmmm no idea about the caloirc value but I could do the math if you'd like.
  • No, I can do the math. I was just being lazy and seeing if you knew it off hand. Also, where can you buy nutritional yeast? I couldn't find it at Kroger.
  • It went really well. I wasn't a full vegan (kudos to you!), but I must say I really was conscious of what I was eating. I'm planning to continue to "explore" it (now my family points out anything non-vegan that I eat and it is really starting to piss me off...I have explained several times that I plan to get there, not start off "perfect" you know?) and hopefully I'll eventually be completely vegan. If I don't go "all the way" I'm more than likely going to be vegetarian. Thanks for posting this thread, Li. I'm thinking of starting a June one....
  • My friends and family also point out everything that I eat that is not vegan. It annoys me to no end! It's almost like they want me to fail.
  • I just wanted to jump in and say I really admire you girls for doing this. There is no way I could be vegan and stay on a diet -- I am lost without egg whites and Greek yogurt. So much admiration.
  • Quote: No, I can do the math. I was just being lazy and seeing if you knew it off hand. Also, where can you buy nutritional yeast? I couldn't find it at Kroger.
    You can find it at healthy food stores. I'm pretty sure whole foods would have it.
  • Quote: It went really well. I wasn't a full vegan (kudos to you!), but I must say I really was conscious of what I was eating. I'm planning to continue to "explore" it (now my family points out anything non-vegan that I eat and it is really starting to piss me off...I have explained several times that I plan to get there, not start off "perfect" you know?) and hopefully I'll eventually be completely vegan. If I don't go "all the way" I'm more than likely going to be vegetarian. Thanks for posting this thread, Li. I'm thinking of starting a June one....
    You're welcome. I thank you for being here and going through it with me. I'm so proud of all of us for making a change. Even the slightest change in our eating habits can make a world of difference. I think maybe for this month I'll be vegetarian until I can get things figured out for my soon to be vegan lifestyle
  • Thanks lackadaisy! I promise, once you make the change it won't be hard at all. I really only missed having chocolate but, that's something I can live without. lol
  • Quote: Thanks lackadaisy! I promise, once you make the change it won't be hard at all. I really only missed having chocolate but, that's something I can live without. lol
    You may or may not want to know this but there is a lot of really good vegan chocolate out there. I know for a fact that ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips are vegan. Many dark chocolate varieties are vegan. I was vegan for a month last year and have been thinking about taking the plunge again. One of the good things about being vegan, for me, is that I had to cook a lot of my own food so I was able to get off processed foods and that is HUGE for me.

Well done, all!
  • LilMissLi, are you going to do a 30 day vegan challenge in July? If you are, I'm definitely in. I already started a few weeks ago with eating vegan and although I've had some slips with dairy (no desire for meat at all!), I'm continuing on. I'm starting grad school at the end of July and I want to be fully vegan by then so that I can continue the journey (and lose some weight too, but that seems to be coming naturally :-D).

Tam
  • My word, I have fallen off the face of the earth. So sorry luvs. I am back. Tammay, I wasn't planning on doing a 30 day vegan challenge this month but decided today was the day to get back on it. So as of today I am vegan until I can't do it anymore. I'm going to try to log in here at least once a day just to catch up with people and such. You need anything contact me here or any of the other methods listed by my name. <3
  • Hi Li!!! Good to see you back!! I've started a July vegan thread, though I'm the only one there lol. So I haven't been posting much. I'm also more of a vegetarian than a vegan....come join me!!