NSV - Mini-Goal!

• So when I started this journey in January, I was devastated to have to go shopping at the time and buy a size 24 jeans. I had been wearing a size 22 jeans all last year and they had worn a hole in the thighs, so I needed new ones. Obviously they'd stretched out from wear, and I didn't realize that my 22s were actually allowing me to get bigger, because when I tried on 22s in January, they were too small. I bought the size 24s because I needed jeans that fit, but I only allowed myself the one pair.

The last 4 months I have lost 30 pounds, and I have been continuing to wear these 24s all along, wondering why my size wasn't going down. I even went to the store to try on pants at some point a month ago, and was still not fitting in the smaller size.

Then last week, my mom - who is my work out partner - told me she was buying me new jeans because my 24s were sagging on my butt. So I went to the store, found the same jeans and pulled on the size 22! They fit! I was SO THRILLED!

I wore my new jeans for the first time Monday to work. By lunch, they felt baggy on me. It was strange. So this morning, just for the **** of it, I pulled out a pair of size 20 jeans that my friend gave me last year to fit into when I got down a few sizes... they're practically new, and I hadn't worn them yet. I pulled them on and buttoned them without even trying!

I'm wearing a size 20 jeans today!! That's 2 sizes down! I didn't think I was losing weight in the right places to change my jeans size, but now I finally see that I am! Doing the happy dance today!
  • CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so exciting. You should so be proud of yourself! Way to go!
  • Yes i agree! Congrats. It was like reading about myself for a second, i swear. I had been wearing the same jeans for about a year as well and when i went to go buy a new pair to replace them, i couldnt find any that fit. So i feel your pain. However, i'm just getting started and havent seen any weight loss yet but your post gives me something to look forward too. That i too will get to experience the happiness of slipping on a pair of jeans that are a smaller size!! Congrats again!
  • Thanks ladies! Jeans are always the hardest thing for me to buy because I am pear shaped, so to find a pair that fits right is really difficult.

Most of the pairs of pants that I really liked, I ended up wearing holes through them, and now I can't find them anywhere anymore, so it's like a chore to find a new pair of jeans that fits comfortably on both my hips/butt/thighs and doesn't gap at the waist.

That's one of the reasons I kept the jeans my friend gave me because I know they're the ones that fit me comfortably - I was just not quite that small yet. It feels AMAZING to be able to wear them and see just how much smaller I've gotten.

I've got about 6 pair of the same jeans in a size 18, so I'm ready to work my way down into wearing those next!

I AM getting this weight off... one pants size at a time!
  • haha exactly! great way to look at it.
  • Congrats...still working on getting outta these 24's myself. Way to go!
  • Congratulations! I just recently fit in to my old jeans too. I couldn't button it no matter how I tried last December/January :]]
    Congrats to you again!