online Walking Club?

• no no tracey, let me google that FOR YOU...

ha

I just thought I'd check with peeps IN THE KNOW before I went looking on my own... I mean why reinvent the wheel right???

I'm looking for a fitday type thing for walking - something that will keep track for you, let you know how you're doing etc., log all your walks and see how far you've gone

if there's something easy peasy that everyone knows about but ME, please tell me
  • You crack me up! Can't wait to see what our peeps come up with!
  • It's not quite the same as fitday, but a great tool I love to use is the Nike+ system. There's a little chip you insert in your shoe and it will track all your walks/runs. Mine works through my iPod, but if you don't have an iPod I think they also sell wristbands as well. But I love it because:

a) As I'm working out it will tell me how long I've gone, how far I've gone, and what my current pace is
    b) I plug my iPod into my computer when I'm done and it will automatically send the data to the Nike website where I can see my progress over time
    c) The website has a whole bunch of member-started challenges you can join, whether it be to log the most miles or the fastest times, so it helps with the friendl competitive spirit!

So it's definitely not free, but I've found it worth the investment, certainly worth a bit of research!
  • www.dailymile.com

Walking
    Running
    biking
    Swimming

It logs it all and its free! It figures out your pace, how many calories burned and a whole bunch of other cool stuff. Check it out

I love adding my workouts. You can add friends too to encourage you if you want. I luuuuuurv it!
  • great, thanks for ideas! i got an awesome PM with a link to "Walking with Walgreens" program, and it's basically the same as dailymile, where you can plot your course on a map (even says roughly how many steps it is) and it's kinda fun!

thanks gals!