Feeling a bit Derailed...

• So I started working with a trainer at the end of January and I see her twice a week. I also go to the gym at least 3 more days on my own..

but since the end of January I have only lost 3lbs. 3lbs in OVER 2 months... I understand the muscle mass factor... but it just seems that as hard as Im working my *** off and eating right (she's also a registered dietician) the weight loss should be more then that. It's starting to legitimately piss me off to the point where I'm not even motivated to go anymore. It's starting to seem kind of ridiculous to me.

• what were your measurements before you started and now? After all, no one else sees the scale number but everyone sees our sizes. What food plan are you following and are you legitimately following it daily? Sounds like you're doing good work with the exercise portion, so that's not something to get frustrated over - you're helping your health on that front.
  • I've lost 3 inches from each measuring point (thighs, hips, waist, arms..) but my clothes don't fit any differently... It's just getting super frustrating.
  • I know how you feel. Dont give up because if you do its gonna get worse. Trust me if you give up you will want to start back up but then your weight might be up so you have to drop that and then some. I've been there sooooo many times. Stay steady and talk with your trainer.
  • First, I would definitely talk to your trainer and see if she has any suggestions and the other thing is that success may be just around the corner and it usually is right about the time you get frustrated and stop. So keep pushing, you'll break through. Do you feel any stronger, can you exercise longer without being tired? Those can be small measurements of your success on this journey to a healthier life as well.

Just stick with it eventually the results will follow.
  • hey lady, just a couple of random thoughts; 1) are you tracking every ounce of food that you eat? Sometimes when I get off track it's because I have stopped measuring and accounting for everything that I'm eating so I'm thinking I'm consuming less than I really am also 2) are you drinking a TON of water? I notice especially when I work out, if I do not drink a ton of water then I retain water like crazy and see plateaus or even small gains even though I'm doing everything else right. Just two thoughts

You will get there and big congrats for sticking with it for the past several months even in the face of little change. That's really tough!
  • I didn't lose any weight working out with my trainer, so be happy you at least got 3 pounds off. I lost 7 inches and then once I stopped working out for a month I dropped a bunch of weight. I probbaly lose the muscle I gained, but meh I don't care. lol I also don't count calories I'm a very carefree person when it comes to this stuff because the second I stress about it I see no results.
  • Have you looked into the possibility of being insulin resistant??
  • I hit a plateau for three MONTHS.

Then, about six pounds came off in two weeks.

Hang in there. It'll get better.
  • Quote: Have you looked into the possibility of being insulin resistant??
    what exactly is that? do I have to ask to be tested for something like that?