Easter... what's the plan?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Quote: I wish I could believe that "this is REALLY it". I have gained and lost so many times, the cost of hope is just too high for me right now. I will settle for being happy that I am losing, but as my clothes get too big, I WILL be storing them, because 20 years of history is just too strong to deny. Maybe this time though, when I start re-gaining weight, I will address it right away instead of waiting til I have almost 100 pounds to lose! The last time I lost a lot of weight I kept it off for FOUR YEARS. I was sure by year #2, I would NEVER gain it back---I did, though and now I am really glad I kept my "fat clothes" because it saved me big bucks.
    i definitely plan to keep things in check and never get this heavy again. i have seen too much progress in terms of blood pressure numbers and, even though i haven't had cholesterol rechecked, i'm sure that is better too. i might go up 5 lbs or so, but this is really it for me. i'm done being heavy. it's just something that clicked in my brain this time. i am not going to go back to my old ways. i don't hate vegetables and i'm not miserable eating the right things. it's also easier to be active when i'm not heavy, so it makes it easier to keep it off...
  • I'm really lucky. Easter is always at sister in laws house and she is a vegetarian and always cooks really healthy, vegetarian dishes and lets other people do the meat thing. She'd be happy to help me put together a dish or two that I can have. I don't plan to take a break for easter, but I've just started. I might have a bite of cake on my daughter's first birthday in July, but that's the only occasion coming up I would consider cheating for.
  • Quote: i definitely plan to keep things in check and never get this heavy again. i have seen too much progress in terms of blood pressure numbers and, even though i haven't had cholesterol rechecked, i'm sure that is better too. i might go up 5 lbs or so, but this is really it for me. i'm done being heavy. it's just something that clicked in my brain this time. i am not going to go back to my old ways. i don't hate vegetables and i'm not miserable eating the right things. it's also easier to be active when i'm not heavy, so it makes it easier to keep it off...
    I agree with you that this program and this time is it. I did not start gaining weight til I was 35 and slowly have put the lbs on til now, only lost a little on the occ trys w/ WW and a few other attempts. There is something dif w/ this diet, it shows you right away how good it feels to eat right.
    Also on the biggest loser, last week, one of the girls said that she had always thought of vacations as lying around and eating, and with the trip they took to New Zeland and did a 5k along w/ other activities, she saw her future of vacations in a whole new light.
    I now make time to be peaceful and visualize a more active future and when old patterns start to creep in I give them the boot right away.
    Saturday I cleaned my closet and drawers for the 2nd time since starting IP in Dec 2010 and found myself throwing away the ones I hung onto last time (just in case)plus even more went out the door......so I agree with you about getting rid of the old "you" clothes. Time to move on. Congrats and keep up the good work! I am sure your family had good intentions, but this is about taking control for ourselves and setting that well intended advise aside and avoiding even getting it in the first place when necessary. Carol
  • Going to my SIL's new BF house for Easter. I already know there will be ham and turkey-going for the turkey in case the ham has a glaze. I will do my best to find a veggie I can eat-or maybe offer to bring a dish. Its in the afternoon so I will be sure to have my breakfast and lunch shake already and then eat my protein there. Worse case scenario I have my veggies around my normal dinner time.
  • I've only been on program for a week but have decided to work on easter, my hubby will be going to his family alone, I could of gone but did not feel like repeating the story of why I wasn;t drinking or eating what everyone else was 12 times. Maybe next event I'll go and won;t feel deprived but right now still feeling those cravings!
  • Quote: i definitely plan to keep things in check and never get this heavy again. i have seen too much progress in terms of blood pressure numbers and, even though i haven't had cholesterol rechecked, i'm sure that is better too. i might go up 5 lbs or so, but this is really it for me. i'm done being heavy. it's just something that clicked in my brain this time. i am not going to go back to my old ways. i don't hate vegetables and i'm not miserable eating the right things. it's also easier to be active when i'm not heavy, so it makes it easier to keep it off...
    I believe that for YOU this could be it. I just know better than to say that for ME. Been there and done that, too many times. I still don't like veggies, and I have been eating them for a month. My BP is still high, but I am hoping as I lose more, it will come down. I see this diet as a tool. It is the fastest way I have ever experienced to lose weight, and once I have lost what I want to lose, I will "go back" to "normal" ----but I expect that I will be used to eating less, and will have made some permanent changes that will help me keep the weight off, at least for awhile.
  • Easter is going to be very tough for me. We are going to my in-laws for the weekend. We are leaving on Friday morning and not returning until Sunday. I will of course be bringing bottled water but the meals are going to harder. I will take my packets. I think I am going to pack a cooler with veggies. Not sure what my mother-in-law will have in her fridge. She is usually a pretty healthy eater. I know that I will not be 100% on plan but I am going to try my hardest.
  • You have the right attitude..........and I loved what you said, this is temporary and we will have those favorite foods...........Just NOT this year.
  • Because my FIL passed away so recently, we do not really have Easter plans this year. I am preparing an Easter Egg hung with lots of chocolates for my children.

I will cook ham, cabbage and some other veggies (carrots or corn) and mashed potatoes. I will just have the ham and vegetables.

I am planning on purchasing plenty of chocolate covered soy puffs (1 per day all weekend long) to cover any chocolate cravings that I may have (I also like mixing the packages 1/2 chocolate and 1/2 peanut butter like I've read on this board)!

...and LOTS of water to flush out any "mistakes" that may occur! ...but will try really hard not to have any mistakes.
  • I think we need to remember that food is just to keep us alive and not for celebration and comfort (that's why we're in this mess in the first place) I was on Phase 1 last Easter and I made sure there was salad and I brought my asparagus and ate the ham that mom cooked and had a great meal. I would rather look good and feel comfortable in my body than have 1 meal that is going to stop my progress for 3 days. It's not worth it. Don't stray!! It's hard to get back OP.
  • Quote: I think we need to remember that food is just to keep us alive and not for celebration and comfort (that's why we're in this mess in the first place) I was on Phase 1 last Easter and I made sure there was salad and I brought my asparagus and ate the ham that mom cooked and had a great meal. I would rather look good and feel comfortable in my body than have 1 meal that is going to stop my progress for 3 days. It's not worth it. Don't stray!! It's hard to get back OP.
    Love your quote... nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. And I completely agree with you.

I also like the saying "don't give up what you want most for what you want now..." and feel like it applies here too. There will always be a reason to cheat if I create one. However, I can also control my fate if I want to. Thank you for your wisdom.
  • Just found out that I am hosting Easter at my house!!! (22? people) The best thing about it is my daughter will be here all weekend with my grandsons. The next best thing is she is on the IP diet too!!!!!! It will be sooo much easier to have my bestfriend to enjoy my IP friendly Easter with. Just remember Easter isn't about the food anyways!!! Hope everyone has a blessed Easter.
  • Thanks everyone for indulging my question! I love to hear what everyone is planning.

I've decided that going off plan for one day just isn't worth it. I made sure there would be turkey (there will) and I told my Mom that I'd bring a veggie side dish and a salad. There will be at least 3 things there that I can eat! LOL I will probably pine for the turkey stuffing and gravy, but I'll deal with it. By the next holiday I'll be able to eat those things without guilt!
  • For me it will not be as hard as I had anticipated, we are doing lunch one day at our house, so I will have my protein and veggies at lunch and then IP for dinner, since I will be making stuff I will ensure there is stuff for myself. My husband is super supportive and wants to see my succeed...so he is going to do everythign to help out with this.

Easter dinner will be at the inlaws and she always has fresh veggies, I will however make sure I have a "back up pack" ready to go incase she goes overboard, which is more often then not, so at least I will be able to have something for dinner. BUt my little ones are also sick so if they are not better by the weekend we will not have to worry about going for family dinner, I will be at home =)