YO! What are your "New Year's Resolutions?"

You're on Page 4 of 7
Go to
  • You girls are sick, SICK I say! Marmite my *ss! I have never tried it and have no desire. Just the sounds of it makes me queasy. I have never in my life heard so many discussions on such a lame subject, however, we all seem to comment on it. MARMITE!!! DIE ALREADY!!
  • Yeah....those donuts were in my territory...
    I'm going to go work on one of my scrapbooks cause of you
    Merrylegs.
    Love you girls.
  • MARMITE RULES!!!
  • Marmite
  • Mauvaisroux,
    I think some of these girls need a Marmite intervention. It is scarey! Den, put down the jar and step away.
  • M A R M I T E
  • Temporarily off the marmite topic, another New Year's resolution:

to use up all the 1/2 used hair and beauty products that are cluttering up my bathroom, including all those little free samples and trial sized things! That should take the whole year.
  • So we're back to Marmite, eh? It seems to be a pretty compelling topic! I wonder if it is high in calories, because if it is, I can feel good about resisting eating it!

Merrylegs, those are very good resolutions! I too have a large basket of teeny soaps and shampoos that I never use. I just love taking them when we stay at a motel! And I have about 10 kinds of hair-straightening creams/gels but I never use them, they gunk up my hair somehow. Maybe I will just get rid of all but one (for emergencies of humid weather). And I too am going to knit something this year, by golly - and finish crocheting those afghans that I started 3 years ago!

Ellis, hope you are feeling better!

Den, I think your avatar is very cute, don't change it! I may not like M******, but I do like the little jar! And it certainly has led to some lively discussions!

Lidian
  • ACTUALLY, Marmite is low in fat and calories and high in B vitamins......... it is the PERFECT food!!!
  • If it'll get rid of a UTI, I'll eat it!
    I've had this darned thing for three days now!! I'm SICK of drinking cranberry juice!
  • Ellis, according to a urologist I used to work with, you need to drink about 5 gallons of cranberry juice a day to nix a UTI, which is darn near impossible. Sounds like you need antibiotics...or marmite!
  • I know, I know... thank you, Merrylegs. I actually haven't had a full blown one for YEARS! But I can feel them starting occasionally, and I've always been able to fend them off with lots of water and cranberry juice. Obviously this one ISN'T going to go!!
    You're right... I'd better get to my doctor. I just needed the push. Thanks, hon...
  • (will somebody let me know what the ingredients are in Marmite?)

(how do you describe the taste? salty?)

Curious Terri
  • Marmite's ingredients:

Yeast extract, salt, dehydrated carrots and onions, spice extracts.

I'd say it's savoury, salty and delicious. You put just a tiny scraping of it on toast or bread. Most people use too much the first time and hate it. It's gross if thickly spread.
  • I was watching "THE YOUNG ONES" DVD set and on one (sample) episode of ANOTHER sitcom that Mayall and Edmondson did (BOTTOM) they referred to "Marmite flavored condoms"!!!!

...reminds me of Ruth's old boyfriend...