Who is this woman?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I have had several NSV lately. When I sit back and think I am still pretty surprised that I am actually doing these things.

In the last week I did a workout at the gym that was 5k treadmill run ,12 miles on the stationary bike, 1 mile on the elliptical.

And today I bought several bikini's for my Mexico vacation in June!!They aren't the tiny ones but cute none the less. I have a picture of me the last time I wore a bikini and I was a 2 years old wearing swimmies on my arms! LOL

I haven't done anything amazing I just finally started to make myself and my health a priority .
  • That's awesome. Congratulations!!!

And don't sell yourself short. You have done something amazing. You are truly inspiring.
  • I love your new avatar pic, you are a knockout!

I also agree that what you have done is amazing and inspiring!!
  • You most certainly have done something amazing!!! 123 lbs AND 6 kids?!? In my books that makes you wonder woman!

Kudos to you for making your health a priority and agree completely with PP, your pic is fantastic
  • That's awesome! Congrats on your gym accomplishment, and enjoy those bikinis!!
  • congrats!
  • Congrats!!!!!
  • Enjoy your vacation. You are an inspiration!
  • Whoo hoo to bikinis!!
  • I know, right?! Who is this person indeed? And hey, you basically did a mini triathlon.

I'm in a very similar boat, doing things I never would have done before, and not even really so much weight related! Like I went to a coffee house by myself in a downtown area! That alone suggest alien inhabitation. I've mowed my lawn twice, for the first time in my entire life! I even weed whacked yesterday. I joined a hiking group...with people I don't know...and I'm going by myself...again in a downtown area! Start looking for aliens, people! I think they exist.

And I'm going bikini shopping this weekend so I can take it to the beach when I go to Florida! We should post pics. I will if you will!
  • You have accomplished soooo much!! Good for you and what awesome NSVs!!
  • You make me have hope that someday I too will wear a bikini! You're doing so well! Keep going!
  • I agree, don't sell yourself short. Given where you started you have made such amazing strides toward health and happiness. That is no shabby workout, for a woman of ANY size or fitness, way to go, Nikki!
  • That is awesome and you ARE amazing! You enjoy rockin those bikinis. You have definitely earned it.
  • @Nikki
    HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING AMAZING?!?!? What?!?! Nah - nothing really...just changed your life...saved your life! Woo hoo on the bikinis - they may not be "little" but they're littler than than the swimsuits in my drawer right now!

@Eliana
    I love all the new things you're doing. Joining a hiking group sounds like a lot of fun. I think I might have to try that one out myself! I will definitely keep my eyes out for those aliens!

Both of you enjoy your time at the beach!