What is McD's thinking?

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • I drove through McD's the other day and could not believe my eyes when I looked at the menu. They now have a value meal for TWO fish sandwiches at 380 calories each! You get TWO fish sandwiches, a medium fry and a medium drink. If we stick with the medium (and you know folks are super sizing this!), and if the medium drink is a Coke I calculated it out to 1350 calories in one meal!!

What are they thinking? I thought these places were trying to be better about portion control! Why on earth would they offer two sandwiches? It's not like the fish sandwich is small. The hamburger I would understand...
  • I'll give you three words:

Money, money, money....

I work at McDonalds and eveything about the company is money. They love making it and hate spending it.
  • Quote: I'll give you three words:

Money, money, money....

I work at McDonalds and eveything about the company is money. They love making it and hate spending it.
    Were you just shocked when you saw this the first time? I admit, that was my favorite value meal. I love their awful fish sandwich! And my 10 year old? He requested McD's the other day and said, "Mom, I'll eat healthy. I'd like to try their fish." I snorted and he said, "What? Fish is the healthiest thing you can eat." So sad!! It should be!
  • I haven't seen that. I work in UK. But thats crazy. They have very few healthy options. Well its salad, salad, or erm salad.

And if you saw the way they cook the fish (I dunno about McD's you go to but where I a work) you'd not wanna eat it. Its frozen and they just stick it in a vat of oil. Bleurgh!
  • Hmm... I think if I do get it I'll take one sandwich and my roomie can have the other, the soda and fries.
  • I'm no longer shocked by anything the fast food places do anymore. I just avoid them entirely. I haven't had fast food in I don't even know how long and I do not miss. I occasionally go to sonic for a diet cherry limeade. That is my only interaction with the fast food industry these days.
  • why do they sell guns that can kill people at top speeds without reloading?

because people want to buy them.
  • It's been years since I've been to fast food other than Subway, so not up on their offerings, but you know there's an audience for it or they wouldn't offer it. Sad, but true. Get the fish crowd for Lent!
  • Ugh, that made me barf a little.. EW.
  • MEh I'll stick with my big mac and extra cheese, regular root beer and fries. haha If i'm going to eat at a fast food place and endulge I'm going to do it the right way. Every place you eat at, unless it's at home is jacked up in calories so it really doesn't matter anymore. Just stay clear of it or enjoy it once in a while.
  • Quote: I'm no longer shocked by anything the fast food places do anymore. I just avoid them entirely. I haven't had fast food in I don't even know how long and I do not miss. I occasionally go to sonic for a diet cherry limeade. That is my only interaction with the fast food industry these days.
    Yeah, my only fast food place is Subway or McD's for their grilled chicken on rare occasions. I am guilty of loving their Sundaes though, and they're the lowest calorie Sundae's I've found.
  • Quote: It's been years since I've been to fast food other than Subway, so not up on their offerings, but you know there's an audience for it or they wouldn't offer it. Sad, but true. Get the fish crowd for Lent!
    Lent! You're right!! That's why it's out now. Oh, that's so sad. I bet it's gone after Easter.
  • So, did you know that a Snicker's Bar is lower in sugar and carbs than the McDonald's oatmeal?

I don't do fast food any more...and my life is so much better for it!!!!!!
  • I don't know.....I don't get why we put the responsibility on fast food restaurants It is McDonald's....is anyone expecting healthy?

The only fast food that is worth it to me is the Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich minus the mayo, just cause I hate mayo, and once in awhile I get two fresco steak soft tacos from Taco Bell. The tacos aren't really "worth it." But sometimes I need fast, low-cal, and filling, and those fit the bill.
  • Just thinking about the grease,fat and calories grosses me out.