Low-No carb diet

• I am wondering if anyone has had any success with a no-low carb diet?

What about IF?

My trainer put me on an eating plan that allows no starchy carbs during the week (veggies, protien) and fruit only every other day (mon-wed-fri) and then Saturday I am able to eat what I want. Carbs inculded however, from Saturday dinner to Sunday dinner- I fast.

My brother in law is an MD, and doesnt agree with fasting. He said that first your body will eat up the muscle and THEN the fat. I definitly dont want that to happen!!

Just wondering what has worked for you and what hasnt! Thanks yall!!
  • I know my trainer does the meat and veggies only MOnday through Friday and then he does high carb on Sat and Sun... no fasting though. I don't think you should fast even for the period of time... if I were you I would do the high protein and veggies Sunday through Friday and high carb just on Saturday. I know that the high protein and no carbs is good. I keep my carbs as low as I can. My trainer says 50-100g NET Carbs per day. I am usually closer to 100.
  • Thanks for the input! There are just so many different opinions and diets out there, I am completly lost!!
  • Wendee- you are so right! there are so many options and opinions. Everyone believes theirs is right, too! What have you decided to do?
  • Well...

I think I am just going to stick to the no-carb without the fasting. I work out waaaay too much to not eat!! The recomended amount of carbs for a 2000 cal diet is 300grams.. so If I stay below 150- then I think that will be good for me. I need the carbs (from fruits and veggies, and whole grains) to fuel my workout!! We will see how it works out! Wish me luck!!