Adios to the 150s and 140s - 4

You're on Page 8 of 35
Go to
  • Just wanna say -- so many shorties in this thread Love it!

Having a good day so far, staying OP. My biggest challenge is drinking more water. I know I will lose more weight because I will be getting rid of all the water weight my body retains. I HATE WATER!!!
  • Lilly- What kinda diet are you on? I was plateaued for several weeks and i started watching my carbs and then broke thru if that helps any...I know it is so discouraging to put in the hard A** busting work and seeing little result. But good for you that your pushing on!

PandaSmasher- LOL your name makes me giggle...cute.. Congrats!

Ally- Im 5'0 and size 9 in jeans i gotta badunkadunk tho
  • I was 148.7 yesterday and today! Im not changing the ticker until Monday though (fingers crossed im still at this weight or less.) Suprisingly I started tom this morning too. Ive never lost any weight before tom its always after. Its strange. This is probablly TMI but as I've lost weight my tom is more scheduled... it was all over the place before.. sometimes 2 weeks late etc. But now its more regular? Anyone else ever had this? I was wondering if it was a coincedence or if my excess weight was causing me to be irregular.
  • WeightForMe - I guess Im not really on any diet per se. Typically I cook dinner every night from scratch and dinner always includes fresh veggies (lots of them), some protien (pork, beef, chicken, fish; I dont discriminate hehe) and a carb(?)/starch in the form of potatoes, rice and noodles. Lunch is usually leftovers from the night before and breakfast is either cereal or coffe with yogurt. Im presuming that I eat fairly healthy and I snack on fruits or have tea or something.

Maybe I should be writing down everything I put in my mouth and see if Im derailing somewhere )
  • Morning ladies! Hate to say it but I'm glad I'm not alone in my hatred of the scale. I lost 0.4lbs this week. Not even a half pound and I've been eating between 1400-1600 calories every day and working out every night (alternating between 30DS, Last Chance Workout and walking fast on the treadmill at a high incline). I know it is a loss but, really? WTF?!?

Lilly and Linds- lets stick with it gals. I'm a **** of a lot more stubborn than a scale. Lilly- I count everything I eat and its amazing how it can all add up.

Trying to catch up on the thread. Lets see, I have no idea what size jeans I am (haven't worn jeans in years because I hate my lower body). In dress slacks I'm wearing a 12 but they are lose and I could probably fit my big butt into a 10 if I wanted to feel pinched.

Ally- Good luck on the road...I'm on the road for part of next week for a hearing...and my boss who I'm traveling with LOVES junk food. Hope it goes ok for you.

Jessica- Your a girl and therefor entitled to change you opinion at least 20 times per topic.

MzHopeful- WTG! I haven't noticed a difference in TOM yet but I haven't paid attention to be honest...I do notice that I've lose a little weight before TOM starts for some reason...which is odd, thought we are supposed to be bloaty then?

ERHR- WTG! Awesome job!

thelittleflower- Does Crystal Light for your water help at all?

Sorry it I missed anyone, gotta run and drop off my doggie at daycare and then take a class on recent business law developments. Fun way to spend a Saturday, eh?
  • You guys, this is random but I just noticed this. I got married last May and my last ring fittings were around a year ago. This week I noticed that if I shake my hand back and forth my rings move and hit each other and make noise! I think this means I've really lost some weight because the weather has been getting warmer here, so my fingers should be a bit larger/more swollen than they were a couple months ago but my rings didn't do this shaking thing back then. I can also slip them off much more easily than last year at this time - I might even need to get them resized once I get to my goal weight. Anyway that's really random but I think it's really funny that I can make this noise with my hand now and it's a nice reminder of my progress.
  • Quote: You guys, this is random but I just noticed this. I got married last May and my last ring fittings were around a year ago. This week I noticed that if I shake my hand back and forth my rings move and hit each other and make noise! I think this means I've really lost some weight because the weather has been getting warmer here, so my fingers should be a bit larger/more swollen than they were a couple months ago but my rings didn't do this shaking thing back then. I can also slip them off much more easily than last year at this time - I might even need to get them resized once I get to my goal weight. Anyway that's really random but I think it's really funny that I can make this noise with my hand now and it's a nice reminder of my progress.
    That is awesome, ERHR!! It's the little things, sometimes, that really make you realize your progress

sweetchicagogal - I should try Crystal Light again. For some reason I just can't get myself to drink more water.

So far this week, I've lost 4 pounds. What the heck? I weighed 155 on Sunday, today I weigh 151. Water weight? Maybe. Maybe it's because I just started my weight loss "journey"...

I've worked out 4 days in a row and watched everything I ate, with the exception of a small Blizzard yesterday. And I'm going to be having some beer tonight...I'm going to do 60 mins of cardio and weights today, and lots of cardio and yoga tomorrow to kind of compensate. I want to keep losing. My goal for 4th of July is 130, and I want to be 135 by June-ish when my sister comes and visits for a week.

Happy WEEKEND ladies!
  • Congrats ERHR and thelittleflower!

So, I finally made a hair appointment for next Friday! This is my reward for getting into the 140s. I'm super excited about it.

I'm sorry you're having a boring Saturday sweetchicagogal. I get to grade research papers for my students...I feel ya!
  • Tropica-- Congrats on hitting the 140s!!!! I think a new haircut/style is a great idea for a reward.

SweettChicagoGal--Sorry the scale is being difficult, dont give up tho.. you are doing all the right things, so your body will catch up to it probablly on your next weigh in. And yes I agree, its totally weird to lose lbs before tom.. it's like im happy about it but confused because its never happened before LOL.

ERHR-- I never even thought about the prospect of losing weight from my fingers before. Thats great though.. all day you have a constant reminder of your progress/goal!
  • ERHR that's so funny that you say this because I just noticed the same thing with my rings this week! It is very exciting!
  • Ugh, Water weight....Did some pretty good workouts Friday and Saturday and went up from 153 to 155...Not bad, but still thought I would hit my goal by now.

Also my Mom took me out to Olive Garden since we haven't seen each other, the "one bread stick won't hurt" turned into more >.> Oh well, I ate a light dinner to make up for it and exercised my heart out. Hopefully I'll hit in the 140's by 22nd. That'd be nice.
  • sweetchicagogal - lol maybe thats what Im afraid of huh? Finding out Im eating more than I think ) But I think thats the only effective way for me to do it at this point )

ERHR - that was one of my favorite discoveries too, that the rings are now loose and move around! Maybe in 5-10 pounds Ill actually go in and have them resized but for now I like how they make me feel smaller

thelittleflower - congrats on the loss!! You'll be at your June and July goals in no time )

PandaSmasher - its so hard to stop at 1 breadstick!! I feel you....we rarely go to olive garden but man when we do I have to have at least 2 breadsticks.
  • olive garden
    pandasmasher-- It's so hard when our loved ones want to take us out----especially to olive garden! I always say I am going to eat one breadstick, but usually end up eating two. They are so tasty! If you all are looking for some quick emergency things to get when you go out to eat at chain restaurants, here's what i get:

Applebees
    Island Rice and Shrimp 350 cal

PF Changs
    Buddha Bowl Steamed Veggies with brown rice
    egg drop soup

Olive Garden
    Minestrone Soup and Salad

When I go out to eat, a light meal helps me feel less bad when I munch on tasty apps.
  • Librarygirl : I had exactly that! I've been doing really well up until then. My mom even asked where I could go out to eat since I'm on my diet. I told her I could make a good choice wherever so she picked OG <3 still, my mom was supportive enough to ask

Tropica - Congrats on 140s! Post pictures of your fabulous haircut if you care to share

and I actually don't have a problem with my wedding ring falling off, but my husband sure does! He even flicks his hand a little bit and it zooms off his finger. He was a size 15 and now a size 13...urgh, I haven't had time to see if it can get resized.
  • Hey Ladies!

I weighed in at 159.1 today so I'm gonna call this thread my new home for the next few months. I'm sooo glad to be here! :-D

I've always been mostly happy with my body around the 140 mark, so I can't wait till I hit that point and start feeling like myself again! Another plus: I have a closet FULL of clothes that fit me at that weight and I'd LOVE to be able to start wearing them again! sooo I have a bunch of NSVs that will be coming my way in due time :-)

Hope you all have a great, OP day!