Adios to the 150s and 140s - 4

You're on Page 2 of 35
Go to
  • Thanks Chicago, way to go on getting in your workout after a long day at work!

My loss this past week just got better. Turns out -5lb total for me = -1 inch on my stomach, 1/2" per leg, and 1/4" per arm. Woo woo! I've got boy hips, so if my butt and hips could stay their same size (and the girls...) and the rest of me could get smaller, I'd be one happy lady
  • LindsB: I think I will try that too. You're right, as long as I don't gain, then it's not going to hurt anything. Worse case, I stay the same

Missjessica: Congrats on all the loss!
  • You all are doing great! Stick with it! And don't get too frustrated.

chicagogal... great job on working out. Thats hard to do after a long day at work. H.A.R.D.
  • Thank you! I weighed at the gym tonight... 149.2! Eeek! Monday is official weigh-in, so we'll see if it sticks - but I've not seen a 14-something in a reeeeally long time It feels really good.
  • Thanks for the encouragement, gals, appreciate it. Just finished 30DS again...arms still feel like jelly but I can tell I'm getting significantly stronger.

WTG Jessica!

Do any of you treat yourselves for weight loss? I feel comfortable enough that I've reached my first 20lbs so I think I'm going to get a massage this weekend. Goodness knows my Jillian-sore muscles could use it.
  • I am adding a monthly massage to my "wellness" plan that I have sort of created for myself. As much as it is important to lose weight and eat health, I also think it is healthy to reduce stress! Woot!

I did JM no more trouble zones last night and it kicked my a$$ hard! I have been slacking in the exercise department the past 2 weeks and have had a hard time picking up the motivation again. Right now I am strickly doing it because I can totally tell that my energy levels are dipping. (whatever works right?!). I'm hitting the gym for some long over due cardio tonight. Run, Bike or elliptical?! I can't decide? Maybe I'll do all 3 for like 15 mins each?
  • LindsB - JM No More Trouble Zones is my favorite exercise DVD! I'm doing it about three times per week now. It is very tough but has definitely become more manageable with time.
  • Linds- I couldn't agree more. I think reducing stress is very important, not to mention the fact that I ultimately think massages help in loosing weight (or, at the very least, improve circulation).

I'm booked for a 90 minute massage on Saturday (found a place that is nice yet charges the same for a 90 minute massage as most places charge for a 60 minute massage). It is going to be bliss.

Weighed in today and no change but that's ok. Looking at my overall stats, I lost around 21lbs in 3 months (mind you, the first week I lost 5lbs of water weight). I know I can't keep up the speed of the weight loss so I'm just going to have to keep my nose to the grindstone and be patient. Might have to check out that no more trouble zones after I finish 30DS. I'm always up for a challenge.
  • Good morning ladies!

I weighed in this morning at 152.6... Whoopsie!! I went out to dinner and there was chips and salsa and while its not a terrible choice on its own I couldn't stop eating them!! Plus, I know they were seriously salty. BUT it's not the end of the world. Will workout tonight and see where I am tomorrow. Kinda screwed my March goal though. On to April.

On a not scale related note... I am so baby crazy right now. It seems like EVERYONE on my facebook is pregnant or just had a baby or have a bunch of kids already. My 10 year high school reunion is coming up this August. I don't know... I love my life but I feel like there is something missing. Can anyone else relate? Again this isn't really a weight loss thing its more of an age thing.
  • ERHR- I have decided that my new plan is to alternate between No More Trouble Zones, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, and 6 weeks to 6 pack 3x's per week and get cardio in on the other 2 days. Lets see if I can actually manage this.....
  • AllyBride - I'm 25 and am just starting to have some friends who are reproducing (generally a bit older, and I moved to the South so everyone here seems to have been married since college!). I have on occasion thought it might be nice to have a baby, but then I start thinking about money. And time. And sleep. How much I like having enough of all three and how a baby would basically just poop all over them. Once I get a little ways into the logistics I'm cured of any developing baby fever. My husband wants to get pregnant in a couple years while I'm writing my dissertation but that might even be too soon for me!
  • Ally- I'm 29, not married and no kids (other than my 90lb, 10 1/2 month old "puppy") and most of my friends have or will soon have a baby so I know the feeling. I want kids for sure and want to start dating again to find "Mr. Right" but don't feel comfortable to jump into the dating scene just yet (I don't need to be at my goal-weight but would like to be in the 140-149 range before diving in). Its frustrating. At least you found the "Mr. Right" already! You are one step ahead of me.
  • ERHR- I'm 25 too and sometimes i get the itch, but I know we aren't ready yet. I'm also in no huge rush. I think it is different for each person! There is nothing wrong with getting the baby itch...you just have to decide whether or not to scratch it!
  • Well, I saw 150.2 this morning...this made me very happy! When 149 sticks, I'm going to get a haircut and highlights.
  • Massages and beauty things are lovely treats! Once 140's is "official" for me, I'm buying new perfume I also bought some pretty shirts today to wear once the weather warms up a tiny bit. They're fitted and a size smaller than before, so they make me feel like my hard work is really starting to show!