Bye Bye Obesity!

You're on Page 1 of 7
Go to
  • Anybody want to join me in losing their last few pounds to get out of the obese category? I have 7lbs left and could really use the support. I'll introduce myself below and I could even keep a list of usernames here in this first thread if you like... I could also make a list of "graduates" into the overweight category.

Pounds Remaining and Participants

6 DrivenByAmbition
    21 BrittanieYork
    18 FitGirlyGirl
    23 Gloriann
    5 jomatho
    17 kateleestar
    36 Laneyy
    4 runningfromfat
    9 skyfox
    30 starfish27
    7 sweck08
    20 thaisccs
    12 torta del burro
    9 uncpgirl86

Graduates!!

Toonses
    kenari
    Pacifica Bee
    supergir111
    kaebaka

I can't wait to start adding everybody's names here!!
  • So for my intro.. like I said I have 7lbs to go. I'm basically losing going with a whole foods diet+intuitive eating. I've eliminated pretty much all sugar/artificial sweeteners and fried foods (although coke zero sneaks in there sometimes ). I also drink way too much coffee being that I'm a working mom.

At the moment I'm working on really increasing the intensity of my workouts. About 3x per week (I'm trying to do MWF) I go to the gym and do dynamical lifting for about 20 minutes and then I'm working up to do 20 minutes of HIIT. The other days I either go on long walks/runs or do laps in the pool but at a much more relaxed pace. We don't have a car yet so we do a lot of walking in general!

Oh, and my goal is 155, exactly the highest healthy BMI, after that we'll see what happens.
  • Hey runningfromfat! This challenge is right up my alley! I am looking to boot myself out of the obese category as well. Right now my BMI (according to those wonderful charts) is 32 at 223lbs. For my 5'10 frame, I have to get 23 pounds off of me!

I'm excited to see where this challenge goes!
  • Hi! I'd love to join! I need to get down to 190 to be out of the obese category... so, 27lbs. I can hit that in 2.5 months, I hope!
  • Quote: Hey runningfromfat! This challenge is right up my alley! I am looking to boot myself out of the obese category as well. Right now my BMI (according to those wonderful charts) is 32 at 223lbs. For my 5'10 frame, I have to get 23 pounds off of me!

I'm excited to see where this challenge goes!
    Gloriann, I think we have almost the same stats, or at least starting stats. I too want to get in this challenge. By my BMI calculator I need to lose an additional 7 pounds to only be Overweight instead of Obese!!! I can't wait.
  • Welcome everyone!! So I updated your names and I'll continue to do so as people join in. Does anybody know if there's a way to make a table here just to organize the names better?

Anyways, good luck to everyone!!! I got in a great workout today of lifting+HIIT. I was really proud of myself because I got in a full 20minutes of HIIT for the first time ever. Right now it's my TOM so I don't expect to see the scale go down this week but hopefully next week I'll see a nice drop!
  • I'm 22 pounds away from not being obese anymore and I need all the motivation I can get! So sign me up!
  • I would have to get down to 168 in order to not be considered "obese" according to the BMI... So I'm 36lbs away from that right now.

I would most certainly like to have "graduated" out of obesity by the end of the summer.
  • Welcome! I updated you both in the OP.
  • Hi! I would like to join I need to be 196 in order to be overweight. So, 31 pounds. Thanks!

Stacy

245/227/160?
  • Great! I just added you!
  • Kenari... wow, right down the the height and start weight! Diet twinsies!
  • This just happens to be my next mini goal! I have to get to/under 190 to be no longer obese. May I join you guys? I am currently 198.6, so 9 pounds for me.
  • ok, I just got you added!
  • I'm new here.... but I'd love to join this challenge.

I need to get to 190 lbs to reach the non-obese category. 30 pounds to go, I hope I can do it!