1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1/3 cup water
    1/2 cup Libby's 100% pure pumpkin
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/8 tsp nutmeg
    1/8 tsp ginger
    1 Tbsp Splenda
    1 Tbsp Walden Farms pancake syrup

Combine almond milk, water, pumpkin, spices and Splenda in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Add oats and cook about 6 minutes or to your preferred consistency.

Drizzle 1 Tbsp Walden Farms pancake syrup and a sprinkle of cinnamon over the oatmeal before serving.

Serve with an omelet made from 1 egg + 2 egg whites, and 2 Harvestland chicken sausages on the side for a complete P3 breakfast.

Just oatmeal:
    Calories: 224
    Protein: 8g
    Fat: 5g
    Carbs: 41g (31g net carbs)

Oatmeal with omelet & sausage:
    Calories: 428
    Protein: 32g
    Fat: 14g
    Carbs: 45g (35g net carbs)
  • bump! Phase 3 soon!
  • Scorbett, I love the oatmeal recipes you've added. I have another recipe for a baked oatmeal that contains eggs so I'm going to see if I can modify your recipes to add eggs and bake it. (posted my recipe on page 10 of this thread). This way all I need to add is a little sausage for added protein.
  • 1 BIG BREAKFAST COOKIE
    • 1/3 cup of oats
    • ½ scoop protein powder
    • 1/3 cups almond milk
    • ¼ cup applesauce (no-sugar added)
    • ¼ tsp cinnamon
    • ¼ tsp. baking powder
    • 1 Tb Splenda or other no-calorie sweetener *
    Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a LARGE cookie sheet with Pam. Mix all ingredients together and spoon on sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes

Spread 1tbsp almond butter on cookie and serve with 3/4 cup greek yogurt and 3/4 cup blueberries.

Calories 487, 60g, 9g fiber, protein 36g, fat 11g.
  • I used to do a lot of batch/freezer cooking and I've been trying to find recipes from my old stash that would work on P3 and beyond - this one worked out great! To freeze, just cook and roll the burritos, let them cool, then wrap in plastic and store in a gallon freezer bag. Thaw them out and heat in the microwave when you are ready to eat!

Greek Breakfast Burritos
    1 serving (I used to make 8 at a time, just increase the recipe according to how many you want to put in the freezer)

1 10-inch Whole Wheat reduced fat tortilla (I use Mission)
    1 egg + 1/2 cup egg whites
    2 Tbsp skim or 2% milk
    2 good-sized sundried tomatoes, chopped
    1/2 cup baby spinach
    2 Tbsp fat free feta cheese
    Salt and pepper to taste

Whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Cook scrambled eggs until almost set. Stir in tomatoes, spinach and cheese, remove skillet from heat.

Heat tortilla in microwave for 20 seconds to warm and make it pliable. Fill with egg mixture and roll into a burrito.

Add a dairy and fruit to make it a complete P3 meal (I like yogurt or cottage cheese with 1 cup strawberries)

Just the burrito:
    Calories: 332
    Protein: 31g
    Fat: 9g
    Carbs: 31g (27g Net)

Burrito, 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese with 1 cup strawberries:
    Calories: 465
    Protein: 46g
    Carbs: 50g (43g Net)
  • Quote: PUMPKIN SPICE OATMEAL

1/2 cup old fashioned oats
    1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1/3 cup water
    1/2 cup Libby's 100% pure pumpkin
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/8 tsp nutmeg
    1/8 tsp ginger
    1 Tbsp Splenda
    1 Tbsp Walden Farms pancake syrup

Combine almond milk, water, pumpkin, spices and Splenda in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Add oats and cook about 6 minutes or to your preferred consistency.

Drizzle 1 Tbsp Walden Farms pancake syrup and a sprinkle of cinnamon over the oatmeal before serving.

Serve with an omelet made from 1 egg + 2 egg whites, and 2 Harvestland chicken sausages on the side for a complete P3 breakfast.

Just oatmeal:
    Calories: 224
    Protein: 8g
    Fat: 5g
    Carbs: 41g (31g net carbs)

Oatmeal with omelet & sausage:
    Calories: 428
    Protein: 32g
    Fat: 14g
    Carbs: 45g (35g net carbs)
    Very good, Scorbett! I made a double batch and shared with my DH and he loved it too. Too full for my eggs though.
  • Phase 3 fruit question
    Quote: Ingredients
    Crust:
    2 Sheets Graham Crackers
    1oz Nonfat Yogurt

Filling:
    1 Egg
    4 oz AllWhites Egg Whites
    1/4 packet Knox Unflavored Gelatin
    6 oz canned Pumpkin
    1/3 cup Lowfat Ricotta Cheese
    1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
    1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
    3 tbsp Brown Sugar No-Calorie Sweetener

Directions:
    Make Crust:
    1. In mixing bowl, add Egg Whites only
    2. In pie pan, crush Graham Cracker sheets into crumbs and mix with 1 oz Nonfat Yogurt.
    3. Press evenly in the bottom of the pan. Tip: use the back of a wet spoon to assist in spreading the crust
    3. Bake crust at 350 degrees ~7 minutes
    4. Brush inside of crust lightly with Egg White.
    5. Bake crust at 350 degrees an additional ~7 minutes. This creates a 'waterproof' coating to keep your crust from getting too soggy.

Make Filling:
    1. In mixing bowl, sprinkle in Gelatin to the Egg Whites and allow to dissolve/stir with fork ~1 minute. You want to make sure the gelatin gets correctly incorporated into the rest of the ingredients by dissolving in liquid first.
    2. To the Gelatin & Egg Whites - add remaining ingredients (Pumpkin, Ricotta, Egg, Sweetener, Pumpkin Pie Spice, and Vanilla) and blend thoroughly together. I used my immersion blender - but a food processor or blender works just as well - just make sure to pulverize out the Ricotta curds into your custard and get ingredients mixed well.
    3. Pour filling into crust and bake at 350 degrees for ~45 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
    4. Allow to chill/set in the fridge before serving.

Phase 3 Nutritional Information:

Product_____________________Serving____Fat_______C arb______Protein____Cal

Protein-------------------------------------------------------------------
    Egg Whites..................4 oz....... 0g ....... 0g ..... 13.3g ..... 67
    Whole Eggs..................1 large.... 5g ....... 0g ...... 6g ....... 70
    Knox Gelatin powder.........1 packet... 0g ....... 0g ...... 6g ....... 20

Grain------------------------------------------- <30g --------------------
    Honey Maid Graham Crackers..2 sheets... 3.5g .... 23.0Ng ... 2.0g .... 130

Fruit------------------------------------------- <20g --------------------
    Canned Pumpkin..............6 oz....... 0.0g .... 13.3g .... 3g ....... 60

Dairy------------------------------------------- <15g --------------- <120
    Lowfat Ricotta Cheese.......1/3 cup.... 3.3g ..... 4.0g .... 6.7g ..... 80
    Nonfat Greek Yogurt.........1 oz....... 0.0g ..... 2.0g .... 1.3g ..... 15

TOTAL________________________________ <15.0g _____________ >25.0g___400-500
    ...................................... 11.8g .... 42.3g ... 38.3g .... 442

Recipe Notes:
    *I made 3 servings for me, dad, & hubs and it was ENORMOUS and was in danger of overspill, it made a very full pie pan and 3 small ramekin custards worth.
    *A double batch would be enough to fill a pie pan generously.
    Pumpkin is a vegetable (squash) not a fruit.
  • Quote: Pumpkin is a vegetable (squash) not a fruit.
    Pumpkin can be used as a fruit for the purposes of Phase 3 due to the nutritional content.
  • Bump. Researching.
  • Breakfast pizza - freezer friendly!
    When I was putting this recipe together, I found something VERY interesting. I was trying to use the Thomas' Light whole grain english muffins, but I found out that the Thomas' Hearty Grain Whole Wheat english muffins are LOWER in carbs than the light ones - and only 20 calories more for a WHOLE muffin. The same was true for the Fiber one Light english muffins. Lesson learned, always check the labels!

Breakfast Pizza

1 Whole Thomas' Hearty Grain WW english muffin, lightly toasted
    PAM spray
    1 egg + 1/3 cup egg whites, cooked scrambled
    2 slices Canadian bacon
    1 Tbsp diced onion
    1/4 cup Fat Free shredded mozzarella
    1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil

Assemble your pizza: brush each muffin with 1/4 tsp olive oil (or just spray with a little PAM). Top each muffin with half the scrambled eggs, one slice of Canadian bacon, 1/2 tbsp diced onion, 2 Tbps shredded mozzarella, and 1/2 Tbsp fresh basil.

(These can actually be frozen at this stage - just wrap each muffin half in plastic and store in a gallon freezer bag until you're ready to eat. Pull two halves out and bake at 450 for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese has melted)

Bake in an oven or toaster oven at 450 degrees for 5-10 minutes, until the cheese has melted.

Add 1/2 cup dairy and 1 serving fruit to make a complete P3 breakfast.

Just the pizza (2 halves):
    Calories: 353
    Protein: 37g
    Fat: 8g
    Carbs: 29g
    Fiber: 3g

2 halves breakfast pizza, 1/2 cup greek yogurt with 1 cup strawberries:
    Calories: 473
    Protein: 50g
    Carbs: 47g
    Fiber: 6g
  • Sorry if this has been addressed.... Nut butters like peanut and almond... Do we count them as fats or proteins or what? Confused. And cheese is fats right? Not dairy? Or are fat free cheeses dairy and low fat the fat?
  • Quote: Sorry if this has been addressed.... Nut butters like peanut and almond... Do we count them as fats or proteins or what? Confused. And cheese is fats right? Not dairy? Or are fat free cheeses dairy and low fat the fat?
    When you are putting together Phase 3 breakfasts, you want to look at the WHOLE picture. Nuts and nut butters are going to be primarily fats, but they will add a little protein (and carbs if you use regular PB). You will have to account for the carbs in the whole breakfast.

Cheese is a dairy, but adds to the fat content. So if you use fat free cheese, it will add less to the overall fat (which can be no MORE than 15g from ALL sources).

If you look for the Phase 3 worksheet in the Newbie thread, it makes it VERY easy to get the big picture when you are assembling a breakfast. I have those sheets EVERYWHERE!

What I did when I was preparing for Phase 3 was to take LizRR's recipes, and write them out on the worksheet. That helped me get in the practice of how to put it all together.
  • I printed off one of her worksheets this afternoon and have been looking through this thread! I have printed off many recipes and will start with them so I do it right. There are so many delicious ones to try! We are heading into another snowstorm here so I had my husband bring me some unflavoured gelatin and strawberries from town ( I live on a farm so can't just run out to grab stuff in storms)
    Thanks again for your input Scorbett!
  • Bump.
  • I made the quinoa pancakes by LizRR on page 5 of this thread. Served them with WF Blueberry syrup and a cup of blueberries. OMG!!! It was a huge plate of pancakes and very satisfying. To make it easier for the morning, I made them last night and reheated in the microwave.