Cheesy Chicken Casserole ~ 4 pts.

• Cheesy Chicken Casserole

8 Ounces Egg Noodles
    3 Cups Canned Chicken Breast -- (Two 12-oz cans) --shredded into smaller pieces
    1 Small Onion -- chopped
    8 Each Mushrooms -- sliced
    8 Ounces Cheddar Cheese -- Shredded
    1 Cup Lowfat 2% Milk
    1 Can 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup
    Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350*. Cook egg noodles according to package directions. Drain. Combine all ingredients and fold into noodles. Place in 2 quart baking dish (7.5 x 12) Reserve a little cheddar cheese to sprinkle on top if desired. Bake uncovered in oven for 30 to 45 minutes.

Per serving: 188 Calories (kcal); 9g Total Fat; (42% calories from fat); 14g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 53mg Cholesterol; 277mg Sodium

Food Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates

15 Servings
    4 WW Points
  • Hi.

This recipe looks really great but I'm wondering is the serving size of 15 is a typo.

Thanks.

Robin
  • No, that's correct.... 3 across and 5 down. I've since found, however, that my husband can eat about 4 servings in one sitting --then go back for seconds. I pair it with a salad and a roll and I'm fine with one serving.

Kelly
  • Hi, this sounds really good, I love stuff like this. I wonder if I used skim milk and lower fat shredded cheese.. how much of a difference that would make.. maybe I could eat more of it

Thanks

btw, if I decide to make it anytime soon, I will count it up and let ya know
  • ok, I hope you don't mind.. I modified it a little, and I changed mushrooms to green beans for my own purpose, cause I don't like mushrooms..

--

Cheesy Chicken and Green Bean Casserole

8 ounces Egg Noodles
    3 cups canned chicken breast (two 12 ounce cans) - shredded into smaller pieces
    1 small onion, chopped
    1 can green beans
    8 ounces fat free shredded cheddar cheese
    1 cup skim milk (0% fat)
    1 can 98% fat free, low sodium cream of chicken soup
    salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350* F. Cook Egg noodles according to package directions. Drain. Combine all ingredients and fold into noodles. Place in 7.5 X 12 baking dish. Reserve a little cheddar cheese to sprinkle on top if desired. Bake uncovered in oven for 30-45 minutes.

Makes 8 servings.

Per serving: 267 calories, 4g fat, 78 mg cholesterol, 855 mg sodium, 204 mg potassium, 27 g carb, 2 g dietary fiber, 27 g protein. WWP: 5.

====

this way, you can eat more of it, and it's only 1 more point

sounds good either way!
  • Y'know... when I'm starving, I can put away quite a bit of food myself. My husband hates mushrooms too

It is my own thing that I won't use lowfat or nonfat cheese. If it was like milk, that would be great. But everytime I pick up a pack of lower fat cheese, and there are all of these gazillions of ingredients you can't pronounce.

Thanks very much for providing a variation! My husband would probably like it more than mine. I just had the "Smart Ones" Mac & Cheese yesterday for lunch and was just revolted by it. It was runny and flavorless, and I'm a serious cheese eater.

Kelly
  • thank you for the great ideas! I will try this one, I sure my kids will love it