Amazing Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies

• I made these for the first time yesterday, and I can't believe how good they are. Everyone I've shared them with has begged for the recipe. They are amazingly delicious!

Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies

3 large, ripe bananas, well mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    1/4 cup olive oil
    2 cups old fashioned oatmeal
    2/3 cup almond meal (NOT almond flour)
    1/3 cup unsweetened coconut
    1/2 tsp. cinnamon
    1/2 tsp. fine grain sea salt
    1 tsp. baking powder
    6-7 ounces chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate (I used a high quality dark chocolate bar)

Preheat oven to 350* with racks in the top third.
    In a large bowl combine bananas, vanilla extract, and olive oil. Set aside.
    In another bowl whisk together the oats, almond meal, coconut, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until combined. Fold in the chocolate chunks/chips. The dough is a bit looser than a standard cookie dough, but don't worry about it. Drip dollops of the dough, each about 2 tsp. in size, onto a parchment lined baking sheet about an inch apart. Bake for 12-14 minutes. I baked these as long as possible without burning the bottoms, and 14 minutes were perfect.

makes about 3 dozen bite-sized cookies
  • Would you mind posting the calories/carbs if you have them? Thanks for the recipe...looks really deeeeelish!
  • Sorry, I don't know the calorie count on these, but you could run it through
    Fitday to find out.
  • Per each, assuming a batch is 36. I figured this using 6 oz of semi-sweet chocolate chips.

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size: 1 bite sized cookie
    Amount per Serving
    Calories 83 Calories from Fat 44.5
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 4.94g 7%
    Saturated Fat 1.68g 8%
    Cholesterol 0mg 0%
    Sodium 41.38mg 1%
    Total Carbohydrate 9.61g 3%
    Dietary Fiber 1.48g 5%
    Sugars 4.18g
    Protein 1.64g 3%
    Est. Percent of Calories from:
    Fat 53%
    Carbs 46%
    Protein 7%
    * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calories needs.
  • Thanks Lexxis!