Pets:None

Hobbies/Interests: working out, reading

Height:5'6"

Eye/Hair Color:brown, brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:11/1/11

Starting Weight:269

Present Weight:264

Goal Weight:150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sticking to it even after some weight loss, and sweets!

Following any specific plan: None, comtemplating calorie counting because I've tried and was successful with it

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I feel motivated with a great support system and I just do not want to live the rest of my twenties as a big girl

Anything else you would like to share with us:
  • First name: Lacy

Geographical location: Louisiana

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: None

Pets: 1 cat

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, cycling, college football

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Semptember 2011

Starting Weight: 180

Present Weight: 157

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: General temptations from the culture of the south...I.e. overeating, over drinking at every gathering.

Following any specific plan: Ideal Protein

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: So many family members and friends decided to start a weight loss plan at the same time, it just seemed like the right time. The support makes all the difference.

Anything else you would like to share with us: As a mental health professional, I am always working with other people to figure out how they tick and how their problems began in order to solve them. It's time to turn the tables on myself for once where my weight is concerned
  • First name: Lisa

Geographical location: California

Marital Status: Single

Pets: Going to get a fish next week (!!!)

Hobbies/Interests: Yoga, fashion, running, international development, acappella

Height: 5'2

Eye/Hair Color: Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 2010

Starting Weight: 140

Present Weight: 132

Goal Weight: 110-115. My goal weight might seem low, but I am really small boned, so a weight of 110-115 is actually healthy for me. My bigger goals are to have a normal relationship with food, feel confident wearing whatever I want, and actually be excited to be in pictures.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating while studying & emotional eating

Following any specific plan: nope! No counting calories, no restricting foods... I just want to stop overeating

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Just found this website, and I think the support network will be a big help.

Anything else you would like to share with us: You are all such great inspirations. Good luck on your journeys!
  • First name: Leah

Geographical location: St. Louis

Pets: My mom has a cat; my landlord doesn't allow pets

Hobbies/Interests: Pilates, running, thrift store shopping, cooking, playing my violin, trying to get into crafting

Height: 5'1"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: ? I feel like I've always been trying to lose weight since I was 14 years old, so it's hard to answer this question.

Starting Weight: 140ish, but I guess it depends when you count as starting. Highest weight was 170.

Present Weight: 138.5

Goal Weight: 110

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Emotional/stress eating

Following any specific plan: Not really, trying to get into using my LoseIt app to count calories, but I only do it for a few days at a time and then poop out. But really I don't think I need to count calories. My body knows when I've eaten too little or too much.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Taking it slooooow this time. I have lost weight quickly many times before, but it always comes right back.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Oh I hate this question!
  • Geographical location: Sydney

Children/Ages: N/A

Pets: chickens

Hobbies/Interests: going out. photography though i'm not good at it and don't really do it anymore. I feel like I dont have many hobbies for some reason.

Height: 163cm (5'4")

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Oct 13, 2011

Starting Weight: 65.5kg (144 lbs)

Present Weight: 62.4kg or 138 lbs (was 61.8kg a week ago )

Goal Weight: 50kg

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: I lack self-discipline and conscientiousness in all aspects of my life and have zero motivation. Also going through a crap time in my life right now.

Following any specific plan: Got an app on my iPod called my net diary to count every single calorie I eat and burn via exercise everyday. Was working well to begin with but now I seem to have stopped losing weight and started losing motivation. Which is why I joined this site.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I actually put the plan into action for once.
  • Hey laydeez!
    First name:Arianna

Geographical location:Katy, Tx

Marital Status:In a relationship, not married.

Children/Ages:1 son, 4 months old

Height:5'5"

Eye/Hair Color:black, brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:Yesterday

Starting Weight:195

Present Weight:195

Goal Weight:140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sticking to anything.

Following any specific plan: None at all.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Well, this time it's not just coming on unconsciously.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I was this weight when i was about 16 years old, and in just a little over a year I dropped down to 130, without any real effort. I gained it all back when I got pregnant last year, and now here I am, I do not even know where to begin.
  • First name: Maiken

Geographical location: Denmark

Children/Ages: none

Pets: Cat named Faust the Tigger

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, cooking, watching bad tv

Height: 5'4''

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 10/18-11

Starting Weight: 224

Present Weight: 213

Goal Weight: 124

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sticking to it

Following any specific plan: Counting calories

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time I'm doing it for me

Anything else you would like to share with us: I really love the word cheese
  • First name: Sarah

Geographical location: Lakewood, CO

Children/Ages: No children

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Music! Reading, playing computer games, photography, traveling

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Nov. 28th, 2011

Starting Weight: 202

Present Weight: 196

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Unnecessary eating when I'm bored.

Following any specific plan: Nothing in particular, but I've read a lot of diet books and follow a lot of healthy eating blogs. Getting tips and advice from them.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've set clear (and what I believe are attainable/reasonable) goals and reached out to my family as a support group and a friend who is on the weight loss journey herself.

Anything else you would like to share with us: One of my goals is to, sometime this summer, climb a 14er (mountain over 14,000 feet) and have an amazing time doing it!
  • First name: Trish

Geographical location: TX, USA

Marital Status: In a Relationship

Pets: 1 Cat - Nika

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Video Games, Dance, Crochet/Knitting

Height: 5' 2"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel (change colors)/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Oct 2011

Starting Weight: 162

Present Weight: 152

Goal Weight: 105

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Stress eating

Following any specific plan: Just eating healthier and exercising regularly

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am trying to set up a healthier support system for myself

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have serious problems with depression, and that has a very negative impact on the stability of my weight. I hope to work on my depression in tandem with my fitness, so that I can achieve lasting goals.
  • First name: Elizabeth

Geographical location: Philadelphia, PA

Children/Ages: none

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: reading, fashion, photography, making cute crafts

Height: 5-5

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I've been trying to lose weight for so many years, but I'm hoping that I'll finally be successful this time around

Starting Weight: 150

Present Weight: 150

Goal Weight: 120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: getting discouraged when I don't see results as quickly as I would like, eating junk when I'm stressed out or tired

Following any specific plan: low sugar, cutting processed and heavy foods, cardio and other exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm going to try and not give up two weeks into my diet this time.

Anything else you would like to share with us: nope! I'm excited to be a part of this forum, and I hope that it'll help me successfully complete my weight loss journey
  • First name: "Luna

Geographical location: south Texas

Marital Status: in a relationship

Children/Ages: N/A

Pets: a dog

Hobbies/Interests: I love reading news articles and books, hanging out with my Love, shopping, and lounging lol.

Height: 5'5

Eye/Hair Color: brown& dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: off and on for a few years, official change for life (most determined attempt-TODAY!

Starting Weight: I'll say 202lbs since that was my heaviest in about April.

Present Weight: I don't own a scale but 188lbs last Wednesday. I weigh myself at a clinic twice a week.

Goal Weight: 140lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Not to over eat! Fighting off cravings.

Following any specificplan: Not really, just counting calories and exercising. I want something that I can stick to for a lifetime.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: In simple terms, I'm tired of being overweight and everything that comes with it.

Anything else you would liketo share with us: I can't wait to get the hang of this.
  • First name: Karissa.

Geographical location: Charleston, S.C.

Marital Status: Engaged.

Children/Ages: None.

Pets: Cooper, a golden retriever mutt.

Hobbies/Interests: God, time with loved ones, naps, looking up recipes (cooking some of them, but mostly looking... haha), Sephora, music, and movies.

Height: 5 ft 2 inches.

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/gray.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Jan. 16, 2011. I fell off the wagon since then. Jan. 1, 2012 I jump back on full force.

Starting Weight: 228.4 lbs. - Jan. 2011

Present Weight: 210.8 lbs. - Dec. 2011

Goal Weight: 135 lbs. or whenever I'm healthy and happy.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Food cravings. I've worked in a restaurant for the last half of this year and I've become very fond of fast food on the way to work, grazing at work, and strange eating hours that lead me to the drive-thru on the way home from work. Also, out of nowhere, I've developed a "sweet tooth" to go with my other "food teeth" that already existed. Ugh.

Following any specific plan: High protein, low fat, low carb, and some good ol' calorie counting.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm approaching it from a new perspective with my new found faith and trying to honor God in all things that I do, and that includes how I take care of my body. I also want to be the bride NOT worrying about losing weight before the big day and the mom that has a healthy body for healthy pregnancies in the future.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I recently just got engaged and I love powerlifting... one day I'd like to be in a weight class where I can actually be competitive.
  • Geographical location: Florida

Marital Status: In a relationship with the most wonderful guy .

Children/Ages: No children.

Pets: One puppy! A Yorkie Poo named Chloe.

Hobbies/Interests: Crafting, Shopping, Reading, & traveling.

Height: 5'3

Eye/Hair Color: brown eyes & jet black hair.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:11/19/11

Starting Weight:180

Present Weight: 180

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Possibly PCOS, social eating, & having to prepare my own food =/

Following any specific plan: Not yet I'm deciding between a low carb diet or counting calories.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I want to feel comfortable in my body.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm excited to get to know everyone & to complete my weightloss journey!
  • First name: AmandaLynn

Geographical location: Illinois

Marital Status: Single/Taken

Children/Ages: Ashtyn, 6

Pets: Razzle my Beta!

Hobbies/Interests: Drawing, painting, graphic design, photography, modeling, fashion design, anything artsy and creative. Also love music & dancing & social gatherings.

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue / Naturally blonde -- Right now streaked black/blonde/red.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: December 1st, 2012

Starting Weight: 158lbs

Present Weight: 153.2lbs

Goal Weight: 125lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not overeating, eating fast food, and committing to my exercise!

Following any specific plan: Just eating smaller portions, healthy snacks throughout the day and all low-fat/low-cal foods with no soda! Also, been going to the gym for the first time in my life!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've realized that the longer I put this off the harder it's going to be and I'm wasting my best years!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm a little weird but very happy to be here!
  • First name: Elizabeth

Geographical location: Canada

Marital Status: In a relationship

Children/Ages: Nope

Pets: Lily, Buttercup, and MacGregor- all beagles!

Hobbies/Interests: Belly dancing, musical theatre, reading, history, being a big nerd

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Green/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: December 26, 2011

Starting Weight: 210

Present Weight: 210

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Carbs and not making a commitment to my health

Following any specific plan: Low-carb

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm done yo-yoing wityh my weight. time for permanent change.