Low Carb Freestyle - Dec. 16

You're on Page 4 of 5
Go to
  • Good evening chickies! I hope you all had a good Christmas. Mine was really nice, but we celebrated with the food too much. I am reading up on SugarBusters and plan to try it on Monday. I think that will be the best way to feed my son also.

I was the party mom last week at Cody's school party. I was talking to his teacher and she said she had lost 30 pounds since the summer on low carb. I felt awful! Gee, that could have been me kinda thoughts...her husband is on it with her. That is the big reason why I really want to try SB, so we can all eat it. It is difficult to try and eat low carb when others in the house are eating bread and oatmeal and rice. Also, I realized I can't feed them meat flooded with cheese and cream sauces, plus carbs.

Well, it is off to heat up leftovers and try and cheer Cody up. He fell flat on his back in karate trying to do a jump kick and says he hurt his back, but I think he hurt his pride more. Good night!
  • Good morning,
    tazcat, which SS book did you order? Did you get that storm Christmas Day that was along the East Coast? Hope you have good luck in finding the gazelle.

Jennifer, it really helps when your DH and the rest of the family is eating the way you are. I'm still trying to muddle my way through SB, because it's a little confusing, but I do grasp the concept. It really is a good way to eat. Let me know how you're doing with it.

nikki, how did your party go yesterday? DH & I sound a lot like you and your DH, we've always been recluses. I hate any sort of gathering. We prefer to stay in the woods where it's quiet most of the time

Have a great day. Aleka
  • HI everybody,
    Hope your all doing well. Thanks Aleka, for saying that. I guess we are just really use to being alone most of the time and if we want to see other people, we go out. I'm so glad that is over with and I guess I was blowing things out of proportion. It went fine and we all had a good time. I really like this guy and wish he lived back here. He's like our adopted son, even though he's just 10 years younger than we are.
    My diet has been so poor this last week. I haven't even exercised the last 2 days. I am getting back on track tomorrow though. I can't let all that hard work go for nothing.
    Jennifer, your right about everyone being on the same plan. DH eats what I eat, but he also eats all kinds of sugar too and his weight has blossomed this past year. I try to keep that stuff out of the house, but he will still buy ice cream and candy for himself. Even if he doesn't bring it home, I know he will eat it away from here. I guess it helps if everyone wants to do the same thing. I wish I'd encourage better eating habits with my girls when they were growing up.
    Bye for now, Nikki
  • Hi a quick note
    Aleka, i ordered SS eae cheat and melt the fat away, It came today.

And yes we did get that storm, on the 26th. 25-30 cm. of misery.[thats about 6in.?] I do not like the winter.
    Tazcat Going to bed to start my new book.
  • Good Morning All:

I don't know about you guys but I sure don't feel as good when
    I am not on my program!!!

Love the holidays and the treats, hate the way I feel, and I
    am so tired I am just dragging.........

Do any of you ladies do anything special on new years eve?

We really don't, we are" partied out "after Christmas

I am going to pull out all my low carb books and get my self
    "back on track". I am going grocery shopping this morning to
    restock my pantry.

Talk to you all later.
    Anne.
  • Morning everyone,
    I was so surprised this morning. I haven't weighed in several days, as I was afraid to. I've lost 3 lbs. so I'm now down below 230. I haven't been below 230 in over 6 years. I don't know how this happened, probably because nothing stayed inside of me long enough.
    Anne, I have been so sick from this sugar. I can tell your drug out and I sure feel like that too. We have the 2 birthday parties, today and tomorrow. I don't like cake, it has always made me sick, so that will not be a problem. We don't do anything for New Years, it's just too risky anymore to drive anywhere. Since we're getting older, we're usually in bed by 9pm anyway.
    Got to go exercise and get myself together. Take care, Nikki
  • Hey Nikki, congrats on the drop in weight! Sorry you aren't feeling well, but at least you got something nice out of it. Hope you feel better real soon!
  • Morning Chicks,
    Niki great loss, I think I found ,I know I found those three pounds.
    As of today I am BOP.
    I am reading SSummerizing, I like what I am reading, I like the fact that you can have an apple? Anyone doing SS??

I am ready for work, I have tomorrow off. The Hospital where I work is closed to visitors as the flu is on the go, S---t everywhere.

Anne-I will be going to bed News years eve as I work the next day.

Well off to read more threads.

Tazcat
  • Hey guys!
    Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. We have snowmobilers around this weekend, and sounds like a lot of bees buzzing around.

Yesterday we met some out of state friends, for lunch and had our Christmas. We pick a restaurant half-way for both of us to meet.

DH & I usually buy a bottle of chamagne for New Years Eve. We do go to bed around 9-ish and if one of us wakes up before midnight, we wake the other one up and toast in the New Year. If neither of us wakes up, then we have a bottle of champagne for our anniv. in Feb. and we've been known to totally forget the champagne is there.

nikki, congratulations on the weight loss, but sorry you aren't feeling well. Hope you're feeling better soon. My stomach hasn't felt all that great from the pie I've eaten, not to mention the cheesecake I ate. I ate a piece of candy that was all chocolate yesterday, and it was horrible!! Gave the bag to DH to take down stairs in our machine shop for him to eat.

tazcat, this used to be a SS message board, but for various reasons some of us have either switched programs, or added other programs to do along with SSzing. I am currently going to WW, but trying to do SB along with WW. SB is the same concept as SS. I do have all of Suzanne's books, and I like the latest one the best. It's more of the type of foods I like, and the recipes have few ingredients. Suzanne does have a website, www.suzannesomers.com that you can get a lot of good tips and recipes.

Take care and enjoy the rest of the weekend. Aleka
  • HI everyone,
    Tazcat, sounds like a nightmare where you work. I use to be and RN and I know what that's like. Hope your staying well.
    Personally, I was only sick from the candy. DD had the stomach flu. She's been sick for the last 4 days with some really bad thing. Today is her birthday and hopefully, she is better and will not be contagious to the rest of us. She'll be 22 today, my littliest girl.
    Aleka, I did the same thing with the box of chocolates-gave them to DH, but I ate more than one. They tasted really good to me. Their all gone now. He ate 2 boxes of chocolates in 2 days. He finely said yesterday that he will get back on track after he goes back to work (he's on vacation til jan. 3rd). I haven't even mentioned anything about his weight or how he's eating, I guess he can tell on his own. We usually get a bottle of Asti Spumanti for our anniversary. We were married on valentines day in Las Vegas. It was a cheap easy way to get married. I wouldn't recommend getting married on that day out there though, we stood in line for 5 hours getting our marriage certificate from the court house. It was cold too.
    Last night, we went to that birthday party. I didn't have anything to eat or drink, except for a bottle of water. It's not as much fun being around a big group of drunk people when your sober. But, I was glad I didn't drink. The cigarette smoke was what finally made me leave. I had to shower when I got home, it was so aweful.
    I'm staying on track with my eating, but may have to eat some cake and ice cream today. I don't like cake, but the dd will expect me to eat some.
    Have a good day, Nikki
  • Aleka-good to know this stuff, I am very interested in this book, lots of great information, and for some reason I understand it, better than Atkins, thank-you.

Nikki-Staying great, I hate to be sick so I just wont get the flu. HAHA~~~~~~~~~

Well all for now, going to bed so I can read some more SSING.
    TAzcat
  • Good morning,
    We are off to Mass. to deliver some parts and plan on stopping at this bakery in the southern part of NH, just over the Mass. border, that sells sugar-free...low carb everything!!! They have this fabulous bread called Mountain Bread, and whenever we stop I always get DH & I these little mini-sugarless cheesecakes for a treat.

tazcat, your welcome. SSzing is easy to grasp once you know the combinations. I like the fact that you eat real food, and not any processed foods. I used to be the queen of frozen dinners, but I had one last summer....

nikki, I'm glad that it isn't the flu that was making you feel sick. I remember when I used to eat a lot of sugary stuff around the holidays, then stopped cold turkey, I would start shaking unless I had my sugar fix. That would last a day or so, then I was fine. Now, I can't stomach anything made with sugar. I see that Tony Little will be on HSN Jan. 3rd. I wonder which Gazelle he'll be selling? Mine has been shipped. Hopefully I'll get it soon. The cigarette smoke would have driven me away. I am allergic to it, I have sinus trouble and I suffer for days if I'm anywhere near cigarette smoke! I don't like being around drunk people when you're sober either. Good for you for not drinking. When DH & I were a lot younger we drank quite a lot, but as we got older it lost its appeal, and when I look back I wonder how we did it.

Take care and have a great day. Aleka
  • Chicks,
    A quick question, Is SB the same as Suzanne Somers? People on SB don't seem to know.
    Jennifer, I see you have started SB, Do you know if this is like SS? I would like to know so I can use some of there recipies. Well time to go to bed, work tomorrow.
    Thanks,
    Tazcat
  • Tazcat,
    With sugarbusters, you can eat carbs and protein and fats together. Portion size is also important. They also eat reduced fat items. With Somersizing, at least when your on level one, you do not mix carbs and pro/fats. They are eaten seperately. If you eat carbs, it is with fat free products, not reduced fat. Fruit is eaten seperately and with sugarbusters, they do not eat it seperately, I have recipes where they even add butter to apples with nuts. You won't eat nuts on somersizing. This is all I can remember right now, without looking through a bunch of books. Maybe someone else knows more. You can use some of their recipes, just follow Suzannes guidelines for level one. Sometimes, I've used some and just left stuff out. Night, Nikki
  • Nikki-congratulations on the loss!

Tazcat-I am doing the SS woe but I kind of fell off the wagon over the holidays I am getting back on track on January 2-got my updated grocery list and everything! I love the new book and can't wait to try the recipes. I have looked at the Sugar busters boards once in a while and it looks to me like there a some similarities and that you could use some of the recipes-I have thought of trying a few of them out myself. I say check the recipes on the board against the principles of SS and see which work out and go for it!

Hi Aleka, Anne, Jennifer and Su!

Have a great New Year everyone!