So, what IS this elusive phase 1.5?

• I've seen several people list that they are on phase 1.5. I assume this is somewhere between phase 1 and 2 obviously. But what does it mean exactly?

Is it basically for people like me who have been on phase 1 longer than two weeks and don't want to transition to phase 2 and have decided to just take a baby step towards it (which I still haven't really done for fear I will not be able to control myself yet)?
  • basically it is just the slow transition to phase 2. it might include one grain every few days and a fruit or two every day. it is a way to figure out what works and what doesn't without adding everything at once.
  • Gotcha thanks. I figure that's how I will proceed eventually...again, I'm just scared of crazy cravings and weight stalls...
  • Hi Nicole, I don't think there was anyone who was more afraid of moving to phase two than I was and I did stay on phase one a bit longer than the two weeks. Now, almost five months later, I consider myself on phase 1.5 and I'm ok with that for now. I have not added any grains yet and I only eat one fruit a day but not every day and always make sure I eat my fruit in the afternoon or evening. Oh yes, I have made a couple of recipes that called for a little wine. Right now, this works for me and I know I can move a little further into phase two any time I want.
  • Your like me..ive been on phase 1 for....i dont know how many weeks..almost a month? ive been too scared to step into phase 2 waters..im still not sure if im ready to or not..and thanks for asking the question, because i, myself was wondering about 1.5
  • At least I'm not the only one feeling this way. I do intend to eat well long term too, and am not only clinging to phase 1 because I want a quick fix. 1.5-2 lbs per week is not a quick fix anyway. I just don't lose weight especially easily, so I don't want to add anything back into my diet until I am much closer to my goal. Then I can afford to slow down without the potential of feeling as discouraged.