don't like the new trainers??

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • mizfitonline.com/2011/03/08/so-youve-always-said-youd-be-better-than-jillian/ (copy and paste)

Quote:
    NBC’S “The Biggest Loser” is searching for female trainers.

Are you specialized in a specific field or just an incredibly qualified, certified and experienced trainer with personality?

The following types of trainers are encouraged to apply:

- Ex-professional athletes/ ex-olympians with training certifications
    - Trainers with well known clientele
    - Trainers who have been featured on local news affiliates
    - Trainers featured in fitness magazines
    - Trainers sponsored by athletic companies (Nike, Addidas, lululemon, etc.)
    - Trainers who are local celebrities

To be considered or to refer someone send the following information in an email to [email protected]:

Name:
    Name of Training Certification(S):
    Years as a PT:
    Contact Phone Number:
    BIO: short bio on training, what they specialize in, what type of trainer they are..
    Brag: Any magazine you’ve been published in, if you’ve ever been on a show, radio show, etc., won any trainer awards, anything you want to put down to brag about how good you are
    LINK: Include links of any footage of them training or media they’ve done (if possible)
    PHOTOS: Attach 3 photos of themselves.
    Looks like you have a chance to apply to be the next Biggest Loser trainer!

I'd say this doesn't look very good for the future of Cara on the show.
  • You know I really like her but I think she's kind of awkward at times. I don't know why- like she's not 100% comfortable doing the product pitches. I feel like we only see her shine when she's training people (she's very motivational last night I wanted to scream I'M A FIGHTER too lol).
  • Note that they're looking for _certified_ trainers. So all that carping about the new trainer(s) just being boxers or whatever-- nope.

Bob and Jillian are familiar, but they're not inherently more qualified.
  • that's too bad. I don't think they've been given enought time to fit in.
  • I hope they both get the ax for next season, they are not as good at Bob and Jillian and it is proven since the Black team of mostly all women have kicked a** in the weigh-ins thus far.

Red team are made up of all men with big guts and they have not cut it with these trainers.

I vote they both leave, if they are awkward in front of the camera that's obviously not their place on BL.
  • eh.. I just think it's going to be hard to replace Jillian.

I don't mind Bret too much..maybe because I have his Beachbody workouts and I'm a bit used to him from them... but I feel both new trainers aren't too good at the emotional talks. They both seem to be doing some acting for the camera and aren't as natural as Bob and Jillian are.
  • Personally, I stand all the screaming Cara does. Sure, Jillian does it every now and then, but not all the time like Cara does it. Plus, I don't care for all the boxing crap. It's fine in small dosages, but I find they're promoting it too much in their workouts, and there's more to cardio and weighttraining than boxing. I like Brett, but again, vary the workouts. Boxing is a sport to me, and not everyone who works out is "sporty" if you know what I mean.
  • The new trainers seem like one-trick ponies. Boxing is great for strength and weight loss but geez, try something new. Just because that's where your training lies doesn't mean it's the end-all-be-all of workouts. Jillian's background is in martial arts but she's hasn't been been doing that constantly with contestants. I can tolerate Bret cuz he's hot and I almost bought his RevAbs dvds. Cara is...awkward to me. I can't quite put my finger on it. Her yelling seems fake. Like she's doing it because she has to.
  • One tricky ponies ---- good description! I don't like all the boxing stuff, not my cup of tea. I'm sure it works just fine, but I'd rather do other things.

I don't care enough to mind them but in my opinion the entire red team sort of became the villains - the "other" team. I find Cara and Brett to just lack personality - at least that is the way the editing has been depicting them for me.
  • If cara is a certified trainer, why isn't it on her resume? She needs to go because she doesn't know anything about diet and exercise other than boxing.
  • I don't like either new training. Cara is the worst of the two.
  • I don't like any of the new trainers, Cara when she got all emotional and upset because austins dad (don't remember his name) pretty much told her he'd rather be with Jillian or bob because they do the job, and she yelled and cried. It was pretty annoying. Bret failed his red team and he was the first to be removed from the show. Meh I could careless for the two and after 10 season's of Bob and Jillian I'm sure the ratings will go down once they are both off the show.
  • I don't mind Brett (ok, ok, I like looking at him!) but I don't think he's a very good trainer for weight loss. He seems motivational to the people working with him and I would guess that he is probably better working with someone who is at an ok weight but getting them into really good shape. But that's not really what you need for Biggest Loser.

can't stand Cara, the way she talks is just too annoying and while I'm sure she knows more than boxing, she does seem like a "one-trick pony" as someone said.
  • oh nooooo, I just read Anna Kournikova will be the next season's trainer! Sorry if it's old news!

not sure on her, she is pretty but articles I've read on her have said she can be snobby sometimes, but that's just what I read and gossip in magazines/online isn't always true. Also seems like they are using a pretty face for attention and maybe more male viewers. I think I would of preferred Cara.
  • I just read it to and I'm not very happy bout it. I would rather have Cara to even though I'm not a big fan of hers.