ChaLEAN Extreme Peeps!!

You're on Page 1 of 11
Go to
  • Hi! I decided to go ahead and start a new thread on this topic/video program because I have just started it and would like others to join me in support and sharing of information. I know not many people were posting anymore, but I have hope that if I start this new thread then you will all come back!! LOL!!

Hello, hello, hello, ello, ello, llo, llo, lo, lo, o, o, o, o....

• I did it!
    I did my workout!! Burn Circuit #2!! I almost failed and didn't do it this morning like I had planned, but I did just get it finished here tonight. The next workout is in the morning with my daughter. I think it's a burn interval and an abs workout.

Woo hoo!! Tonight's workout really got me sweating too! I don't like those bowler's lunges much. I don't like squats or lunges much just in general...my lower body is not my best. Of course I don't like pushups either...cant do a single pushup on my toes - YET! Hopefully before I finished I will be able to!!

Okay, off to watch American Idol now!! Good night!! I hope some more people join me here on this forum soon!!

• Hi Miracleminded1, I just started Chalean Extreme yesterday and was wondering if your still doing it, if you like it, are you seeing results and do you still need support and a virtual workout buddy?
  • Hello,

i just started Chalean extreme a week ago, currently im on my rest day! phew! haha, this week didnt seem bad, and the soreness was tolerable, but today i feel it alot! my whole body is sore! mainly my glutes and my whole lower half of my body!

im not a person whos keen on dieting, i just watch my portions. I was wondering how far is everyone in doing this program and how well is your progress going? ive heard of people gaining weight, and not losing much. idk why, but im just looking for opinions on this program.

right now im looking for reassurance that this workout will work, im super excited and i have my friend doing it with me and thats much more motivating! if were not together doing it, we do it over skype! haha.

if anyone can give answers, thatd be great (=
  • Hi Carissa,
    I too have just started CE and this is try 2 for me. I started once before but had to stop after 3 weeks into the Burn Phase, due to start of elbow strain. But now am back at it, week 1 of Burn Phase and being very careful with my weights.
    So to answer some of your questions.....Yes this amazing program does indeed work, in the first attempt after only 3 weeks, I lost around 4.5 inches allover but my weight did not change. That is due to the building of muscle which weighs more. Don't let that discourage you though, if you eat right and stay consistant and dedicated to the whole program, you will see great changes. I have only just started back and feel the difference after the first couple of workouts.
  • Hi!! :D
    Hello!! I'm so excited to log on and see some people have joined me!!

I read through all of the previous postings in threads going back over 2 years before I received my program. From what I read people have gotten good results...I am still waiting to see what happens with me!! But, I will say that I am someone who doesn't always notice as things slowly improve..though I definitely do notice when things start sliding downhill!! I was in the army once upon a time as well, and I seemed to be a hard muscle gainer...took me a very long time to even be able to complete one pushup, and that's when I was young!! So I'm trying not to expect too much too soon, but I do know that I am doing something good for myself, and there has to be positive results as long as I stick with it!!

I am still doing my program, though I've been having a little trouble with my younger daughter. She and I were going to exercise in the mornings together but haven't had much luck with that, so we started doing our workouts in the evenings, but sometimes she already has hers done before I get home so I workout alone then. Also, she's 15, so has friends and places to go...she was gone for 2 nights this weekend and so wasn't home to do her workout.

In the end I took an extra rest day and then we worked out last night together and are now on the same page again. We won't be taking our rest day today, and will instead start right in with the second week of the burn phase, only one day late. She has asked if we can just skip our rest days, and I wouldn't mind except I don't think we should do Circuit #1 and Circuit #2 on back to back days...but I think that doing something else instead is a good idea.

Today is the start of week #2 of the Burn Phase.

Honestly, my pants got tighter last week. I will say that I hadn't been watching my eating at all...but I had chosen to wait until I at least had in one week of working out before I focused on that. This week, as of yesterday, I have begun to pay attention to diet. And next week, I plan on adding in some extra workouts or something, depending on time allowance!

Oh, in case at some point I get confusing...I have two daughters. Both of them are doing this program, though one is doing it more on her own in her bedroom and is a couple days ahead of me...the other one is doing it together with me. And just to say it - it annoys the heck out of me when my daughter is all gung ho and excited about working out!! I'm like - UGH, and she's like "YEAH!!" lol. I hope some of that is contagious!!

I know I wrote a lot...lol. It kind of gets away from me sometimes!! I'm so happy to have company here with me on this journey!! Let's keep checking in with one another!!

• I certainly will enjoy having this forum to post to. It makes it all so much easier when you have people experiencing the same thing. As for change to happen that will take time, you just have to be patient, sometimes I forget that myself and move on to something else, but for some reason CE is a keeper, LOL. I too am going to add some extra cardio like Tae Bo or TurboJam to the program just to give it that much more umpf.......With christmas and just being lazy I gained back about 9 pounds that I now have to get rid of. I originally was down 32 pounds before christmas..........that'll teach me

So good luck with your trek on this fitness course and I hope that you start to see changes soon, but if not, keep at it and like they say "one morning you will get up to a new you"............................
  • yesss, sounds great! we could all use each other as support! im pretty excited myself for this workout, i just finished my 1st day of the 2nd week of the burn phase.
    and man do i feel it! i cant squeeze my muscles without them hurting, which is good! hahaa

i hope im happy with this program when its done!
  • So here we all are, ready and willing to get on with weight loss journey. I don't know about you but I feel more empowered this morning. Can't wait to get home and workout tonight......................Should be interesting as my arms are quite sore from working out with the veils last night at belly dance class, but will be worth it I am sure.......Maybe Chalene will go easy on me,,,,,,NOT.................................glad that you are on board and we will do this together. Let's all keep up with the forum posts and keep everyone going.
  • I'll join you! I just started CLX last night and finished Burn Circuit 1. I'm also on week 3 of Couch to 5K and will do that for my cardio instead of the CLX cardio workouts (although I may add one in from time to time!!). This my second time with CLX. I completed 6 weeks of it last year and saw some amazing results in that short time, but life got in the way and I stopped. I'm committed to seeing it through this time!!

A little about me...36, stay at home mom to three kids (8,5,1) and ready to be fit!!
  • Welcome IamWillow, the more the merrier........yes you are right, the CE program does provide some amazing results, even just a short time into it. I can't wait for all of us to show off our results come the end of the 90 days...
  • Good Morning!
    I feel really bad. I didn't get my workout in last night. I got home from work and had to take my daughter to the Urgent Care for some stomach issues...then had to get her a prescription...then had to get some things from the grocery store. When I finally got home and put away the groceries and got the garbage ready to take out for pick-up this morning and helped my daughter find her Social Security card for her new job orientation today (her first job, by the way!)...well, I just chose to not do the workout that late.

So, falling another day behind. I feel bad...but I'll just keep going. I won't let the fact that everything is not going as planned stop me!! I have to allow that sometimes things might happen I guess, like trips to the Urgent Care.

All right...just kind of wanted to tell what was going on with me. I'm glad to see more people here!! Welcome everyone!!

Carissa, I should be on the same day as you are, except for not getting my workout in last night.... Well, I might make it up later in the week, we'll see.... How was Burn Circuit #1 the second time around? Did you lift heavier, feel stronger?
  • Life Continues..........Ever So Strong
    Hi miracleminded1, Don't beat yourself up over not getting your workout done last night. Sometimes life overrules, been there, done that. Just carry on and keep going, thats what really matters. Don't dwell on where you should be or what you should have done. We all have it happen from time to time and we just pick up where we left off. So I will be doing Burn Circuit 2 tonight and hopefully, even though my arms are sore from belly dancing last night, I will enjoy it!! I usually do though because I know the end result is achievable.
  • Good night

Hello! It's 2 minutes before 11 pm...and I just finished my workout! I feel really good that I got it done!

Time for bed!!
  • Good Morning Everyone
    Well after my workout yesterday and shovelling the huge amount of snow out of the driveway this morning, I am feeling great! Nothing like a good workout like that to get you going in the morning. Hopefully that is the last of the big snow dumps, LOL........So tonight I am doing Burn Intervals and Ab workout....can't wait. I really love this program so much. How is everyone else doing??