~~March Golden Girls~~

You're on Page 20 of 25
Go to
  • Good Morning Sister girls,

Didn't have to work yesterday. Actually, I thought I was supposed to work today. I was already up yesterday, at 5 oclock, and the phone rang. I though they were calling me to ask me to work extra and it was work giving me a L/C day. Surprise, surprise! I had looked at the old schedule. I would have been VERY late.Senior moment? Didn't do much all day, some cleaning. The kids came over in the evening. Their computer is down and DGS had to do homework.

Gayle,It is hard to get in exercise on the days you work. I park in the back of the lot, so I get some extra walking in. And I always take the stairs. If I have time I will go for a short walk at lunch, if I get a lunch. You do what you can, when you can.

OkAnnie, I count calories and walk too. Old, but it works!

Donna, when I lost 5 lb.s I bought a charm. forget about the gain. Of course I couldnt' buy another charm untill I lost an additional 5, so it worked.

Karen3, so, how did the election go? I know I voted for you!

Lynn, Lovely family. And I think you all look a little alike.

Rosie, I'm glad that you had fun getting out. By summer you will be so much more moble and stronger. So much easier to get out and have fun!

Mary, Good for you, for walking away from the snacks. When you have to start looking for stuff, you know you are not truly hungry anyway.

Karen31, I knew that and I still forgot to ask for a guard. It's really important. I like Dr. OZ, you get some interesting information there.

Z, me too!!! Looking forward to retirement. But I've got 2 years to go. And now I was told you can't really quit at 65 you have to work for 6 more months! What's up with that? Got to admit I still haven't looked into it. I hope it's not true.

Bobbi, I found a place online that is a pharmacy and you get doggie drugs a little cheaper and they aren't expired or old. Benny dog will be on these for a long time so I need to find the best price.

Lyn, We're kind of in between seasons here I think. I will be warm one day and then we'll get snow or sleet. Yesterday was sleet and the roads were so bad. My husband had taken the DGD to dance and picked up our DGS and when he was coming across a bridge on the way home, he totally lost controle of his truck. Thank God no one was hurt! Just very scared, including my DH. They always say be careful on the bridges.

Sherry, We do feel like family here. Glad you joined the family!
  • Good Morning! Just checking in before I jump on the Wii!! Mary, I didn't ask for that shield, that was written in the email. BUT I hope I remember when it comes time for my mammogram! I think that is sometime late summer.

Rosey, you are doing so good! Really proud of you! Enjoy your time out.

Freda, what happened with Benny? Is this age related? I know when we had Ginger and Sissy in the last time the vet told me that Gingers eyes were beginning to cloud over a bit but nothing to worry about just yet. She still sees really good (but not as good) Still jumps up on the rock wall between us and the neighbors and walks it almost every day!

Donna, I did watch Dancing with the Stars and I really enjoy that show. I was surprised that Kirstie did as well as she did. Going to be an interesting show I think.

Everybody have a great day and I will be back later this afternoon or evening.
  • Morning ive lot's to do today but here i sit like a lump and enjoying being lazy after all tomorrows another day..i changed my tracker this am as iv' released another 2#.. hoping your trackers going in the right direction too! ttfn (((hugs))) rosey
  • Getting kinda quiet around here. I know that I, for one, am finding it difficult to have much to say because not much is happening. Not much new, I mean. I feel that we dodged a bullet last night/this morning because the snow that was predicted didn’t arrive – well, we had a little dusting, but that was about it. So, that’s a plus.
    Rosey, you GO, girl! You’re just ticking off those pounds, and it definitely shows! Gawd, I love it when the scale is steadily moving downwards….kind of changes your whole outlook, doesn’t it?
    Karen31, you and that Wii were made for each other; I sure wish I could find some sort of exercise routine or device that I could enjoy as much as you’re enjoying the Wii. Guess I’ll just have to keep on looking…
    Freda, the last I heard, the age when you can collect your full social security is 66. I can’t wait, so I’m going to settle for a little less. Plus, I figure if I wait too long, they’re liable to push it up to 70, and then I’ll be stuck working even longer. The way I’m feeling, yesterday would’ve been too long a wait for me. But I’m going to keep plodding along and see if I can’t hold out until December. I’d like to officially be retired starting January 1.
    Bobbi – yep, lost those six pounds the same way you do – counting calories, eating plenty of fiber and (trying) to be more active. I’ve been using my Fitday, and I know that works well for you, too.
    Well, that’s about it from me today – hope everyone is having a good day – oh, and this Saturday is the twins’ birthday party! (Did I already say that?)
    Oh, here’s a picture of my handsome son.
    Thaaassssss’ all for now!

Z

• Evening all....mumbling along. The voting goes on until 12:30 tomorrow afternoon. Have no idea what's happening but thank you for your votes. Have had a useless day. Cleaning girl was supposed to be here at 11:30 and didn't arrive until 1. Drove across the whole county for special jelly beans(gift!) and the candy store is out of business. Needed two hostess gifts so found cute bunny faces on top of plastic bulbs in dollar store and put spice jelly beans in them. Perfect but could have saved 50 mile drive.

Can't believe the weather you all are still having....Stay healthy. When it jumped from hot to cold like that it is easy to get sick.

Zoe...Is this the DS who is getting married? Handsome young man.

Freda...where online did you find doggie Rxs? cheaper jumps out at me...please!

Anybody know anything about blue birds? They keep checking out my nesting box but no nest. Maybe just the landing pad? Am enjoying watching them but i want a nest, too.

Everything is yellowish green here. The pollen is terrible. As quick as you wipe it up everything is coated again. Image my sinus problem will start soon. Oh joy! not

Rosie...did you go out for the birthday dinner? what did you have?

Going to a farewell dinner tomorrow night. Friends for 30yrs. They have lived down here for 15 yrs and moving to mountains of Va. They are gonna freeze their duppas off for sure. We get chlled in July when we go North.

Pool temp is now at 68....sooonnnnn! karen3
  • Thank you, Freda.....I have used them before. I checked out their price and found that our vet is getting us a good deal. Love our vet and nice to know he really is a good guy.... k3
  • Hey GGs,
    Just checking in on my way to bed. I’ve spent the day trying to catch up on some cleaning & stuff that I’ve let slide. It was really starting to bug me! Still got lots to do, so, if you don’t see me here for a few days, that’s why.

I do have to comment on all the weight loss! OKAnnie, 6.6 lbs. - what a great first week! Sherry, 3.6 lbs., that’s amazing! And, Rosey, another 2 lbs. for you, way to go! Seems everyone is doing so good.

Zoe, thank for sharing the pic of your son. He is soooo handsome. And Lynn, what an attractive group! Which one is your sister? Glad you’re enjoying the trip. Oh, & KarenFL, good luck on the election.

I’m really sleepy (just can’t seem to get to bed early enough to get enough sleep), so I’ll have to just say Hi! to Everyone Else. And, Goodnight.
    NCNancy
  • Hello all,

Should be getting to bed, but darn it ~ want to have a little fun. So here I am ~ come to visit you all.

I flip back and forth between being thankful that I have a job and especially this job with less (well maybe not less, but different) stress, and being frustrated with it ~ the hours/schedule ~ and having to try to cram what I used to do in 16 hours ~ into 8 hours. Sorry for whining again. I just keep hoping and praying that somehow it will change ~ things are always changing, so maybe I just have to be patient and wait. I just want it to be such that I feel like I am enjoying life a little. Not feeling that so much right now.

Karen3 ~ we also have the pollen like you describe ~ patio furniture out back is covered with it ~ and our vehicle if it is outside for a short time.

Zoe ~ what a handsome young man your son

Lynn ~ what a nice picture of your family group

Freda ~ I'm thinking about your suggestion of parking at the far end of the parking lot. In the morning, I like it ~ but after the shift, the thoughts of making that long walk ~ not so much. I'll have to try different things and see what work. Have some thoughts of getting up a little earlier and walking before work ~ we'll have to see.

I wanted to write some more, but guess I'd better get off and head to bed. One more day then off the weekend. Yippee.

Take care all
  • What I love about the GGs is that we maybe older but we are not old! I love the idea of boxing, Rosie! I enjoy watching them on Biggest Loser too. It's exciting that you now feel like trying it too!

Slim, I will remember what you said...when you start looking for something to eat, you are not really hungry..I'm collecting all these things to say to myself when I get to wanting a snack that I know I don't really need! I still love Rosie's too...Been there, ate that and that's why I'm so round. It's so very true!

I did well today with my eating in regard to calories and carbs, although I didn't eat as healthy as I usually do. I was very busy today...got all my daily work done this morning, had doctor's appt this afternoon and then went grocery shopping. Went to four different stores. My lunch was a coffee gellato and a cookie (a little later). Not so healthy but the cookie was low carb at least. LOL And that's all I ate until dinner.

Dinner was healthy...Tilapia sprinkled with a little salt and pepper and garlic and drizzled with a little olive oil, sauteed zucchini, red pepper and onion, plus a salad (no dressing..I'm not much for dressing). My dh had rice with his. Then we both had a cookie for dessert. Later we shared some popcorn. And both my calories and carbs are fine tonight. So not the most healthy day overall ..no fruit all day and only the veggies tonight but at least the numbers were right. I think I wanted to treat myself after seeing the doctor, but for me it is progress that I stopped eating when I did esp with the cookies in the house...something I almost never buy. There were only a few and I told my dh to eat the rest which he did.

The doctor wants me to start taking cranberry extract so I got some today. And since my bs have been high for three months, he told me I can take 1/2 or and extra Metformin each day if they remain high. Because of the infection and my lousy eating we agreed that I should to wait until next week and try to eat right..then if they remain high I will increase the med. He didn't mention Byetta at least! Whew!!

The only other task I got done today was to polish our bedside tables and straighten them up. I had planned to go through my closet and clear it out a bit but didn't get that done as I ended the day watching TV with dh as he had taped a lot of shows I liked. Oh yeah, forgot I did clean the microwave inside and out. LOL

Well it's 12:33 am so guess I really should get to bed. "See" you all tomorrow!
  • Good Morning GGirl's,

Lazy, lazy.....I just don't feel like doing much of anything today! Woke up with a headache. It's raining out, again. I hope I get more motivated, or I might just stay in my PJ's all day.

Gayle, I hope things get better for you at work. I know how hard it is to work and try to fit too much work into the time you have. When I go in for the last 4 hours I have to fit 8 hours of work. You'll find ways to fit the exrcise in. Look for little ways.

Karen31, Benny has dry eyes. I guess it's age related. I don't think the clouding you're seeing is the same thing. I hope it's not. I did find a place to pick up the meds a lot cheaper. I'm hoping they help.

Z, Handsome son. Thanks for sharing. I'm not waiting for 66 to retire. I just have to be old enough to get insurance.

Nancy, caugt the cleaning but? I catch that sometimes too. Horrible disease! And it's contagious! All the rest of you beware!

Mary, I know you're on a low carb diet because of the diabetes, but you can still have good carbs, right? or, are you on a special diet to help control it? I would have had some brown rice with the dinner. The body uses carbs for fuel. Does just a little raise your BS too much?

Everyone, have a good day,

Freda
  • Good Morning Golden Girls!! I'm happy this morning... I got on the Wii and it shows 162.7...that is a loss of 2.2 pounds this week. I changed the ticker to 163 since I won't take the lower number until it is at .5 or below. But at least it is moving down!!

Zoe, very nice looking young man. I know you must be proud. Is he the one that is getting married?

Karen, at what temperature do you wait for your pool to get to before you jump in? We won't be taking the cover off of ours until the first week of May and last year the temp was about 68 when I decided that would be warm enough---it wasn't!!! BRRRRR!!! I didn't stay in too long!

Gayle, I'm sure you will be able to find ways to work in a bit here and there. Every little bit helps and once you get the good weather there I bet you ride that bike most everyday!! I would! I have been watching craigslist but haven't found any here yet. May have to break down and order new from Walmart!! I can still wait another month or so and keep my eye on craigslist.

Rosey 2 pounds a week is what they say is a good rate to lose at. I figure if I get close to that I will be happy.

Sherry, you did great too! I think my biggest weight loss week was 4 pounds when I first started.

Mary, I wish I could get in to eating more fish. My hubby doesn't like any kind of fish except tuna and that is from the can on a sandwich! CAN YOU BELIEVE HE IS FROM THE BOSTON AREA!!! My aunt loves "Fried" catfish but I know that wouldn't be very low calorie. I've tried fixing salmon in different ways, in fact I bought a small Geore Foreman just for my fish, but just can't find something that works for me.

Freda, glad that you were able to find the meds cheaper. Our fur babies are so much a part of our families. I chatted with my cousin yesterday, she raises Labradoodles, and one her people that bought one from her called her and somehow the puppy (7 months) got out of the yard and hit by a car and killed. Sherri was so upset as was the owner. They are like having 2 year olds around, have to watch them all the time and sometimes they still get hurt. She puts so much time in with each puppy before selling it and has so much of herself invested. I remember when the Obamas were looking for a puppy they contacted her about hers...that was pretty exciting even though they chose another dog.

Well, need to go and get my workout in.. it is already getting late. Hello to everyone I missed and will catch up more later.
  • Happy Friday, everyone! Here is to a great, relaxing, OP weekend!
  • Good Morning, All....

As you say, a quick fly by......
    Nothing to report! I'm distraught that we won't be invited to PT/Zoe's son's wedding (good looking son, BTW!), but I understand that our golden loveliness might overshadow the event. Oh, well!

NOTHING going on here. It's dry and smoky from all the fires, and I'm also COLD. I do NOT want Summer, but I do want my hand to quit aching! This old age stuff isn't for the faint of heart!

Hope you're all having a good day! Keep up the good work with all the weight loss. I'm proud of you all!!
  • Morning everyone..not much going on today,we are going out tonite for dinner.I'm taking my own dressing and will probably eat from the salad bar..we'll see,as this is a new experience since my surg..congrats to all who have released #'s wtg and also all of us for still chugging away to being healthier!Karen31 i love fish and the easiest way i fix it is i cut fish in pieces the size of a deck of cards,put in bowl and coat with 1T low fat mayo,roll in Progresso brand Italian seasoned bread crumbs and bake in oven..i serve with fresh lemon..maybe you would like to try it. Hoping you all have an awsome weekend ((hugs))) rosey Ps on the fish i suppose you could use an egg wash or even H2O on the fish to make the crumbs stick,just a thought altho i always use the mayo for the flavor,and i usually use halibut but will work and any fish and on chicken its really yummy!
  • Hi Everyone - Me too..... "a quick flyby" The snow is all gone from my yard! YAY! And the temps are a bit warmer; a bit above 0 C now. Had the dog out for a long walk this am. There is a river running by my town with a great walking path so Baxter & I did it today. There has been trumpeter swans around - they rest here before going north. So beautiful. Anyway BIG CONGRATS! to all that have lost & keep on keeping on to all of us. We will suceed it! No, we ARE suceeding. Have a great weekend all. TTYL.