omlette fillings?

• i never used to make omlettes but i really like them now, whats everyones favourite filling for them? i like them with sliced mushrooms, but need some new ideas before i get bored of them
  • I eat omelets every day and have done that for years. I always used reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese and then add in a lot of veggies. The veggies I use are: spinach, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, yellow squash, and tomatoes. Not all at one time, though. Some weeks I'm on a spinach kick, some weeks its cauliflower. Right now I am on a taco sauce kick. I will top the veggie/cheese omelet with a little taco sauce.
  • diana cheddar and tomatoes are another favourite of mine, never tried spinach but seen a lot of posts about it, will have to get some.
  • I would also suggest adding any vegetable that you like to your omelet. Most people would not add cauliflower, but I really like it. You can also add the standard protein fare to your omelet. Just experiment as you go along.
  • I like tomato, basil, and parm.
  • I like to have mushrooms and low fat cheese, with diced onions. My hubby however loves to add jalapenos to his.
  • I eat my omelettes without cheese or egg yolks. 6 oz egg whites + veggies is only about a hundred calories, allowing 1/2 tsp cooking oil, and it tastes nearly as decadent.

I like onions (always onions), mushrooms, green peppers, tomato, broccoli, and celery -- any mix of the above is fantastic. Sometimes I cut up a slice of deli turkey or leftover chicken breast and put that in, too.
  • I always do egg white omelettes, and I pack them with lots of mushrooms, red peppers, onions, broccoli, whatever other veggies I have on hand. And i put a lot of veggies in, most of the time it's a veggie omelette and the egg white is somewhere in there, haha! I also almost always put chicken breast in too. And then top it all off with salsa and chow down! One of my very favourite dinners.
  • I have 2 favorites:

- onion, tomato, black beans, hot sauce and cheese

- tomato, mushroom, crushed garlic and cheese

I make my omelets with mostly egg whites but sometimes I will throw in one yolk here and there.
  • my favs are spinach, onions, mushrooms, cheese, bacon bits, salsa which these are things that i add to so much stuff..baked potatos, whole wheat wraps..etc..