Life After Phase 1 -- the second sequel

You're on Page 34 of 35
Go to
  • Quote: I did leave the skin on and then when it was cooked I kinda peeled it off. This is where I admit I was a little bit squeamish about removing it first. Looking back, I should have just hardened up and done it!

Good luck with the remaining days of P3!
    Not sure about the slow cooker since juiciness isn't a problem usually, but you can leave the skin on a piece of chicken when roasting or BBQing since it helps keep the meat from drying out, yet if you peel it off after cooking you don't get the added fat. Also it is a yummy idea to tuck fresh herbs under the skin against the meat to flavour it like fresh sage leaves or a rosemary branch. The skin helps to hold it in place and infuses the meat with the herb flavour.

So how yummy was your first P4 fatmeal, RosiePosie, lol?

Liana
  • Quote: Not sure about the slow cooker since juiciness isn't a problem usually, but you can leave the skin on a piece of chicken when roasting or BBQing since it helps keep the meat from drying out, yet if you peel it off after cooking you don't get the added fat. Also it is a yummy idea to tuck fresh herbs under the skin against the meat to flavour it like fresh sage leaves or a rosemary branch. The skin helps to hold it in place and infuses the meat with the herb flavour.

So how yummy was your first P4 fatmeal, RosiePosie, lol?

Liana
    Soooo yummy! My friends, who have been incredibly supportive during this journey, were very excited for me. They watched as I put together my lunch: arugula, peppers, leftover chicken, blue cheese and half an avocado. Super delicious. They kept asking me how it tasted. I was too busy enjoying it to answer them!!
  • RosiePosie - what a scrumptious 'fat meal' that sounds! I love that your friends are sharing this journey with such support for you. Good choices

I am realizing how careful I need to be about P3 breakfasts. Yesterday I tried to 'wing it' & overdid the grains (small cereal + 2 slices toast - should have pared down to 1 or the other or even cereal & 1 toast), had more yogurt than I really needed. So I was really careful about the rest of the day.

Even so, I was up 1 lb this morning, part of which may have been my overdoing yesterday.

Not a tragedy, just a reminder to keep weighing & measuring.

And planning the day ahead! That will be the hard part for me to maintain.
  • Bump for Want2b
  • Hey guys, I've read and reread this thread. Also read the original Life After thread, and a couple other P3 threads I found. I broke into the 160s this morning (yay!) so now I'm starting to make some sample P3 breakfast menus in my fitness pal to make the prep even more 'real'. I still have a few questions.

Is there such thing as too much protein? I know we need at least 25 grams and it can go over.

If I have low fat cream cheese, does that count as dairy or my fat?

Can I have things like pb2 on P3 or should that be reserved for P4?

Here is a sample P3 breakfast meal I made last night, let me know if I'm on the right track:

Calories, Carbs, Fat, Protein, Fiber
    Weight Watchers - Original Bagel , 1 bagel
    154 28 1 6 7
    Cheese - Cream, low fat, 1 tbsp
    35 1 3 2 0
    Onions - Raw, 1 slice, thin
    4 1 0 0 0
    Fage Greek Yogurt 0% Fat - Greek Yogurt, 6 oz
    100 9 0 23 0
    Capers - Canned, 1 tbsp, drained
    2 0 0 0 0
    Salmon - Wild Alaskan Smoked Salmon, 4 oz
    140 1 1 9 0
    Strawberries - Frozen, unsweetened, 0.5 cup, unthawed
    26 7 0 0 2
    Pb2 - Chocolate Pb2, 1 tbsp
    23 3 1 2 1

Total
    484 50 6 42 10
  • I personally think you might need a bit more fat - 6 g is pretty low for a breakfast... I'd go for real peanut butter or full fat cream cheese - maybe the others can chime in on their take. The fat will help keep you satisfied during your morning. Protein won't matter if you go a bit over. You will be getting a fair bit for lunch & dinner, but the main idea is to make sure you are getting at least 1/2 your weight in protein grams (ie 85ish in your case) - you can even go as high as .75g per lb of body weight without being 'high protein'.

Breakfast looked yummy - heheheh, just need some capers in there . OOPS, how'd I miss the capers???!
    Nice work Posh!
  • Couldn't skip the capers. Smoked salmon bagel was my last non-IP breakfast so I was thinking about it. Maybe I'll skip the pb and go for fuller fat cream cheese for that one to stay within the calories. Ok...on to my next menu
  • I only keep low fat cheeses on hand for when I'm craving the creaminess, but it's the low fat meal I'm working with. Comes in useful sometimes.
  • PishPosh...there is a breakfast p3 thread that is very helpful. Shouldn't be too far back in archives.
  • Quote: PishPosh...there is a breakfast p3 thread that is very helpful. Shouldn't be too far back in archives.
    Thanks, yes I've seen the bfast threads got a bunch of recipes bookmarked, just seeing if I can get the knack of making my own menus and variations of my faves.

Another q, sorry to be so basic. Can I use avocado as my bfast fat in p3 or no since it's still a restricted veggie?
  • Quote: Thanks, yes I've seen the bfast threads got a bunch of recipes bookmarked, just using if I can get the knack of making my own menus and variations of my faves.

Another q, sorry to be so basic. Can I use avocado as my bfast fat in p3 or no since it's still a restricted veggie?
    It's still restricted....but I think it would be fine as long as you figure in the carbs/fat properly. I plan to use canned pumpkin as my fruit sometimes for breakfast. Really, the most important rule is to keep your carbs only at breakfast (beside P1/2 veggies) and slowly ramp up your calories to get you ready for p4.
  • I know this is an older thread, but bumping up since I know a couple of other people are getting ready for P3.

Went shopping yesterday for my breakfast stuff...felt so weird to not be avoiding the fruit! I'll have to eat my breakfast at the office tomorrow, so I'm making an egg mcmuffin breakfast sandwich with Ezekial Engligh muffin, an egg + egg white, Canadian bacon, and Go Veggie Cheese, plus a greek yogurt cup with some frozen blackberries.

It was hard to not get over excited and buy ingredients for ALL THE BREAKFASTS, because I do tend to eat the same thing every day pretty much, so I really only need two or three options. I did get Thomas Everything Bagel Thins, but I'm worried about adding in those refined grains, so I might limit those to once or twice a week.
  • Phase 3 breakfasts are the best!!!
  • I agree Slp, the P3 breakfast are amazing
    I love being able to have fruit in the morning. I will buy the frozen mixed berries, defrost and then heat them up and poor over yogurt or oatmeal.
    I am equally a turkey and back bacon lover
  • Breakfast is my FAVORITE meal of the day!!!!!!