Life After Phase 1 -- the second sequel

You're on Page 13 of 35
Go to
  • Quote: I don't want to contradict someone I admire. But truthfully, I think the support shoe is on the other foot.

(OMG, that's so bad it doesn't even merit being called a mixed metaphor. But I mean it.)
    ok, that was so funny I got pellegrino up my nose~!
  • Had a great first day of Phase 4 today, I went back last night and read & RE READ (most importantly!!) the life after phase 1 sticky. I thought I must have missed something in there (which I was) if everyone else is doing so well on maint. and I am loosing my freaking mind! There is no way someone can live day to day counting & measuring, and STRESSING about every little thing. There is a fantastic little blurb from Novak (whom I have never met, but GREATLY respect, and whom I hope still lurks here!), which I saved, printed & plan to read everyday for the next while. We are to start living our lives in our new bodies, which today - I did. I went shopping with my little family (hubby & toddler) we had a delish breakfast before we set out of french toast, berries, walden farms syrup & yogurt. We did some running around, then had lunch at Boston Pizza (yum!) I CRAVED the crispy chicken & pecan salad, and I had it! No harm done right? No carbs for lunch. Check. Then I came home, and the weather being so nice, made up some burgers and cooked them out on the BBQ. I put my burger between a weight watchers "flat roll" loaded it up with some mustard, some cut up veggies (of my choice!) on the side - VOILA! Phase 4, Day 1 is in the books. Not everyday will be like this, I know. But I think I have the basics down. Sigh.
  • Well Done!!
    Quote: Had a great first day of Phase 4 today, I went back last night and read & RE READ (most importantly!!) the life after phase 1 sticky. I thought I must have missed something in there (which I was) if everyone else is doing so well on maint. and I am loosing my freaking mind! There is no way someone can live day to day counting & measuring, and STRESSING about every little thing. There is a fantastic little blurb from Novak (whom I have never met, but GREATLY respect, and whom I hope still lurks here!), which I saved, printed & plan to read everyday for the next while. We are to start living our lives in our new bodies, which today - I did. I went shopping with my little family (hubby & toddler) we had a delish breakfast before we set out of french toast, berries, walden farms syrup & yogurt. We did some running around, then had lunch at Boston Pizza (yum!) I CRAVED the crispy chicken & pecan salad, and I had it! No harm done right? No carbs for lunch. Check. Then I came home, and the weather being so nice, made up some burgers and cooked them out on the BBQ. I put my burger between a weight watchers "flat roll" loaded it up with some mustard, some cut up veggies (of my choice!) on the side - VOILA! Phase 4, Day 1 is in the books. Not everyday will be like this, I know. But I think I have the basics down. Sigh.
    Way to go. Sounds like you've got it. I love re-reading those earlier threads too. I know which post you are talking about. You know...Novak really is a rocket scientist!

Lynn
  • Its funny you say that Lynn - I was talking to a friend of mine that is on Phase 1 right now, and she said "Phase 4 cannot be rocket science" and I said "then why did it take a rocket scientist to explain it to me in order for me to get it?" hmmmm....
  • Does anyone use My.Fitness.Pal to track their daily food intake?? What do you set your "nutrient goals" to? (for Phase 4)
  • My Fitness Pal
    Quote: Does anyone use My.Fitness.Pal to track their daily food intake?? What do you set your "nutrient goals" to? (for Phase 4)
    I do use MFP but I don't remember that question. I put in my weight, my usual activity level and said I wanted to maintain my weight. It gave me my nutrient requirements. Where was the nutrient goal question? I'm going to have to go back and look.

Lynn
  • Quote: Does anyone use My.Fitness.Pal to track their daily food intake?? What do you set your "nutrient goals" to? (for Phase 4)
    Lesley,

Congrats on getting the first day of Phase 4 under your belt (so to speak)! Your first day sounded perfect! It is an adjustment from strict rules to rough guidelines, but it is doable. Once you have a few more days, it will become second nature and you won't stress so much. For the first week or so on PH 4, I consulted Dr. T's book, and the phase sheet daily. I finally put it all away awhile ago...you'll get there.

I used fitday to track my eating and activities. But things are going so well for me, I am not doing that any longer. I weight myself every day. I need that to keep things in check.

I was glad to see you read the old threads. There is so much info contained in those stickies, I hope everyone who phases off does the same. It is ok to ask a question or two, but the information in the 'life after' threads is vital to success, IMHO.

Good luck!
  • Lynn - There is an option to set your nutrient goals, but I ended up just saying I wanted to maintain & went from there, like you. Thanks!

Jenny - I have made somewhat of an IP "Bible" and consult it daily...lol Including some of the old threads that I printed out Its good reasurance!

Thanks everyone for the feedback!
  • Ah! I found this thread on the second page! Nooo!! BUMP!

What are your favorite things to eat for supper?? I rediscovered Egg Noodles and a simple tomato sauce! I love how you learn to love "real" tastes again on IP.
  • Dinner
    Quote: Ah! I found this thread on the second page! Nooo!! BUMP!

What are your favorite things to eat for supper?? I rediscovered Egg Noodles and a simple tomato sauce! I love how you learn to love "real" tastes again on IP.
    I had some time this morning before Dad got up. I made chicken nuggets using the Southwest Cheese Curls and dipped in the WF Spicy BBQ sauce. Really good and totally guilt free! Not really the answer to your question...but yum!

Lynn
  • Sounds yummy!
  • Well I did it I have officially started phase II I. Know its not much different than phase I but it makes me feel good to have reached a goal & I am 2.8 lbs past my 90%
  • Ok, so this coming week may be my last one before going to phase 2. Will definitely happen in the next couple of weeks for sure, but there's something about the convenience & 'safety' of the lunch packets that makes me wary of it.
    Can some of you tell me what your lunches usually are & how it's working out? I've never been a big meat lover so there's not much appeal for me in making the switch, other than saving some money & hopefully boosting the weight loss by changing things up.
  • Quote: I had some time this morning before Dad got up. I made chicken nuggets using the Southwest Cheese Curls and dipped in the WF Spicy BBQ sauce. Really good and totally guilt free! Not really the answer to your question...but yum!

Lynn
    What a lovely picture! I'm sorry if I'm just now noticing it. You look great!
  • Quote: What a lovely picture! I'm sorry if I'm just now noticing it. You look great!
    Thanks Linden. Actually, I just changed it last night. Had to get dressed up for a hospital function yesterday. Thought I'd be brave.

How are you? We all seem to be posting less & less. I miss your great insights and advice. I have to admit that I think about you every time I put vegie sausage or vegie burger in my mouth. I know you are right and I read those articles but it's just so good and easy. At least I'll die thin!

Happy Easter,
    Lynn