IP Weekend Chat - 25-27 February 2011

You're on Page 20 of 21
Go to
  • Sandman and Coloradodivegirl, I have a sister who has fibromyalgia and she has been taking Lyrica for a while now - it seems to help her. Also, my sister in law has started taking it for her back (disc) pain.

It is so hard to find something that works for pain! I was on heavy narcotics for 1 1/2 years (oxycodone) and was so glad to get off of them. I was desperate! At the time, I just wanted to lose weight and move my body, but I couldn't. I just popped pills and ate food to have something else in my stomach. My hope for your relatives is that they can start to feel a little better and then find something that works for their pain without adding extra weight. It is such a circle. I am hoping that they can find a way to relieve the pain and then move their bodies to feel better! (crossing my fingers and toes for them!!) love and hugs to both!
  • Thank you Sally!

Maybe the right mix of pills minus the narco will help somewhat. They are still trying this and that and Lyrica was tried and hubby had a reaction to it, so that thows that one out. Too bad because I have heard wonder things about Lyrica.
  • Sally....

Just noticed your stats and want to say to you on your weight loss!!! I am picturing a size 4 in my future too
  • Linden- sorry to hear your dad's ill.. thx for popping in and posting..

sending you hugs and prayers your way..
  • Quote: Hi, my determined friend. I had to make a hurried trip back to the states where my father is quite ill. A long and ugly story about going to a hospital to get pneumonia; mistaking acute dehydration for dementia; (Well, but he's 99, says the nurse); and other miseries, like not being able to bring my few remaining IP packets back into the states and having them confiscated. So much for the spring challenge. But I'm back on the internet now and thanks. You're doing so well. I guess I'll tag along in your shadow for just a little while linger.
    Linden,

Sorry to hear your Dad is ill. My best to you and him.

Lynn
  • Quote: Hi everyone,

Like all of you here, I've fallen in love with this site and I can't get enough of it...LOL This is only my 2nd post, I did post an intro but just wanted to comment on the genuine support and camaraderie that's here. It's also great to see so many other Canadians on here. I'm in southern Ontario, in St. Catharines. I thought I saw someone posting on here where I was reading that was from Niagara Falls but was doing the program through a place in St. Catharines. It's no telling where I read that and it could have even been an old post.....I've jumped all over the place reading....

I started my journey with IP almost 2 weeks ago and like so many others, just didn't think it would work for me. The first week I didn't feel like I'd made a dent in things but was shocked when I discovered I'd lost 8 lbs. the first week! That's just been unheard of for me.....and yes, I was hooked...LOL

I'm looking forward to getting to know some others on here and being able to share in everyone's joys, as well as frustrations. I think the biggest thing I'm looking forward to is knowing this time it's going to be for good.....and the rest of my days will be spent living the way I was designed to be!

Hugs,

Mary
    Hi Mary! It is probably me you're referring to, I actually live in Welland but come to St. Cath for my weigh ins and food...is your coach Bev?
    Welcome to the group, you'll love it here and all the support you will find

Hiya to everyone else as well! Thank you all for your kind words about my first week loss, I really hope to ride this high and keep it going into week2 and beyond
  • Quote: Sally....

Just noticed your stats and want to say to you on your weight loss!!! I am picturing a size 4 in my future too
    Why, thank you! You and I weigh almost the same!! I have been phasing out - ready for phase IV and even though I have been adding the foods back in according to plan, I have been losing inches and pounds. In fact, I was actually getting scared because my size 4's were very loose. If you would have told me this last summer I would have laughed you out of the room! But, it does work that way on IP. Stick with it, everyone, it really does work! I am (cough-cough) mid fifties and I was not sure I would ever be this size/weight I am. Bonus??? I feel great!!! That is what I can't wait for everyone to feel too!! It's the BEST!

Good luck everyone!

PS coloradodivegirl, I just love reading you!
  • Hi everyone hope everyone has had a great week-end. I have looked for the Ideal protein's online to buy but can not seem to find the website. Can anyone tell me what the website is to buy IP protein packets online?
    Weighed in this week for WI #3 and have lost a total of 15 lbs. Got into a pair of pants I havent been able to for over a year. Feels good!!
  • Here ya go Blueye!

http://www.idealtogo.com/aboutITG2.html

You will need to request a password & ID
  • Quote: Thank you!! I ordered 6 more boxes of IP stuff! I set a $ limit on products I would buy and I am there now, so I better stick to the protocol and "git r dun" (as Juiceman would say) because I am not spending any more money on IP products. I am going to try the caramel bar - yummy - can't wait!!

Good luck on your weigh in!!!
    Quote: Welcome back and I am glad everything is ok. Would you mind sharing the Athletic Protocol with us? Do you have it in a format you can post?

Hope to see you around more.
    I would also like to know what the Athletic Protocol is and when do you think a person should start exercising I hear from some that you shouldnt excercise cause they have had the scale go up and then others say that you should excercise? Im confused on this. Can anyone help me out on this?
  • Quote: Here ya go Blueye!

http://www.idealtogo.com/aboutITG2.html

You will need to request a password & ID

Thank you for this information!!
  • I have not caught up on the whole weekend thread, but have a couple of questions I would like to put out there. I know this has been talked about somewhere else, but am looking for a quick response.

As most of you know, I am using IP protocol, but with alternate products. Well something has drastically changed and the big C has set in. I am very uncomfortable and don't know what could be causing it. What have some of you used before to help with this issue. I would like to find something that I can add to my drinks that will help keep me regular. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Second question goes out to those of you who have phased off for some event. Yes I am wanting to Phase off properly by the first week in April for my birthday. I would like to enjoy my birthday with family and friends and whatever we choose to do for it. No this will not be an excuse to stop the protocol completely. I promise I will be right back on protocol the following week and continue my weight loss. I have an idea on how to phase off but would like to hear from some of you who have done this for trips, cruises etc...Post it here if you would like or feel free to PM me.

I am not quitting by any means, just do not want to shock my body during my birthday. I want to do this properly. Thank you in advance for the help.
  • Hi Juiceman...

I haven't had an issue with the Big C but I know IP recommends Novilax, but you are using alternate products. So I'm sure you could use anything, I know Mirolax is good, but I know others will have other suggestions. Mirolax can be added to drinks & water and is taste-less, but I don't know about drinking it everyday (once you get regular) Maybe every couple of days??? Or maybe you could take a stool softner.

Hmmm... that probably wasn't a whole lot of help, huh?
  • Quote: I have not caught up on the whole weekend thread, but have a couple of questions I would like to put out there. I know this has been talked about somewhere else, but am looking for a quick response.

As most of you know, I am using IP protocol, but with alternate products. Well something has drastically changed and the big C has set in. I am very uncomfortable and don't know what could be causing it. What have some of you used before to help with this issue. I would like to find something that I can add to my drinks that will help keep me regular. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Second question goes out to those of you who have phased off for some event. Yes I am wanting to Phase off properly by the first week in April for my birthday. I would like to enjoy my birthday with family and friends and whatever we choose to do for it. No this will not be an excuse to stop the protocol completely. I promise I will be right back on protocol the following week and continue my weight loss. I have an idea on how to phase off but would like to hear from some of you who have done this for trips, cruises etc...Post it here if you would like or feel free to PM me.

I am not quitting by any means, just do not want to shock my body during my birthday. I want to do this properly. Thank you in advance for the help.
    Juiceman,

I do not have a bottle of Novilax in front of me but I believe the active ingredient is Psyllium, a soluble fiber. It is the same ingredient as Metamucil which is sold over the counter and can be used every day without developing dependence. It comes in several forms. There is one you can mix with liquads.

Hope this helps.

Lynn
  • Quote: Sandman - what a great story! So glad to hear that you have inspired your momma, good for you! I bet you will inspire many others before this journey is thru.

My hubby has neuropathy and honestly, it has ruined our lives. I keep thinking it will get some what better and we can move on, but it hasn't happened yet. I still have faith, but in a way I feel guilty because I am done sitting around, I'm on this protocol & the minute I get the go ahead I will be exercising and if he can't travel or dive, in November I'm going on a dive trip with the company and crew who certified me 11 years ago. I feel like I'm moving on in my life without him, and it breaks my heart. I don't know whats gonna happen to his business (owns a sprinkler system company) all he does is pop drugs, eats and sleeps. Cymbalta seems to help some what but he's still on Narco since his 3rd back surgery in August, I know he's addicted, Neuro doc was on vacation the last time they needed to be refilled, so they refilled the exact same script. They were suppose to start weening him off, well I guess thats on hold until next month. That ought to be a real fun experience.

If your mom has ever found anything that has helped with her neuropathy, I would like to know about it. I have spent hours and hours researching it, then most of the drugs they use and have worked for many, hasn't even touched my hubby's pain.

Welllllll.... that was a bit off topic (sorry) where's that carmel nut bar? I'm hungry...

lol.
    Don't apologize for your post, I'm glad you shared a part of your life with us. What are friends for anyway? I can see now that your up beat personality is really an asset with such a serious situation in your life. I do hope your husband improves. We might not mention it everyday, but remember we will be thinking about you and your husband. Everyone on this forum is different, living different lives, have different circumstances, but I think we are all here for a reason and each have something different to contribute. Judy