IP Weekend Chat - 25-27 February 2011

You're on Page 16 of 21
Go to
  • Hey guys I was wondering if water with lemons is allowed?
    Plain water has been tasting weird for me the past couple days so I thought I'd just drop a lemon in there.

I know that there is a rule of no fruits allowed, so I'm wondering if this interferes at all.
  • Quote: Hey guys I was wondering if water with lemons is allowed?
    Plain water has been tasting weird for me the past couple days so I thought I'd just drop a lemon in there.

I know that there is a rule of no fruits allowed, so I'm wondering if this interferes at all.
    Lemon is allowed on the diet... the only fruit allowed actually
  • All that talk yesterday about rewarding ourselves had me thinking and I think I found my reward for when this is all over... I love Tiffany...
  • Wow, great job. That is fantastic.
  • Hello Everyone,
    I am new to posting on the forum but I have been reading it for about 8 weeks now. Everyone here is so inspirational and helpful. Thank you so much and I look forward to being a more active member. Have a great night everyone.
  • Quote: Well I have had a NSV and decided I am going to play indoor box lacrosse again. I haven't played for about 25 years and found a oldtimers league here at home to join. I have been afraid to play any sport just because I was too heavy but now I have no excuse and need to get active. I have also posted a updated picture of my weight loss after being on IP for 14 weeks if you wish to look click on the link at the bottom of my signature. Have a great IP day everyone.
    WOW Couts congratulations.. your new pic is amazing.. you must be so proud of your accomplishment.. have fun playing lacrosse with the "new" you!!
  • Quote: Just got back from WI. I have lost another 4 pounds which brings my weight loss down to -56.2. My original goal was to lose 60 pounds but I am thinking I will move my goal back to 70 pounds. I plan to start phasing off at the end of March. One of my sons is getting married in mid June and I want to enjoy all the celebration / food, etc. Plus by the end of March I will have been on IP for six months (seven months including phasing off during April) and I think it will be a good time for a break.
    Congrats! 6 months on IP is quite and accomplishment, great job
  • Quote: Hi everyone! I have officially started the ideal protein diet two days ago and I'm on day 3!! I'm so excited to be doing this and as far as cheating goes, the first day I had one fish cracker, a super tiny bite of kiwi, and an extra portion of lean meat. Although, my coach did tell me to have an extra packet the first week since I would be hungry at first, which I didn't. But other than that, I've been OP since and I am amazed at myself! I never do this good on any diet!! I really feel that I'm gonna do great on this and as I've seen so much success on here with everyone else, I know I can have the same success too!!
    I'm gonna be moving next week out of my apartment into a new one, so I will be pretty busy which will def. make things easier for me, but I may not be able to post too much after this weekend.
    Good job on getting started! I was on IP for almost 2 weeks before I stopped for a week for a cruise vacation. That 2nd week is SO much easier. Now I am back on day 2 and struggling through the evening carb cravings again. I keep reminding myself that they do go away somewhat after a week.
  • I usually do not get on here over the weekend, but the wife is out with friends and I am home watching the kids.

I must say there are so many great posts, SV and NSV's! Congrats to all!

Got to give a shout out to my fellow male Couts71, great job my friend, you look amazing, what an awesome accomplishment. You are looking fantastic.

I saw my wife's grandparents today and they had not seen me since I started in Jan and they were shocked at how much thinner I was. They had a nice meal and I had my chicken tenders with a big salad. It was a nice meal.

Her grandpa gave me 3 XL button down shirts that do not fit him anymore. THEY FIT! They actually look pretty good on me according to my wife. Feels good to not have to wear XXLT's just barely keeping them tucked in. Great weekend.

Hope everyone keeps at it and has a great remainder of the weekend. Stay on Protocol and know this plan works. Stick to it and we will all see results. Thanks for all your support.

WE CAN DO THIS!
  • Happy Saturday Everyone. I am finishing up day 3 and have not gone off track at all! I am super shocked since I am a big carboholic and sugar addict. When I get hungry I just grab a few slices of lean, low sodium turkey slices.

I am adding in some alternate products, like sugar free Jello and that helps.

So far I haven't felt too bad at all. I struggle with chronic headaches and pain so I am used to that and can't tell the difference. HA! I guess that is one good thing right?

Looking forward to continuing this journey!! And looking forward to some pancakes after week 2!!!!
  • Hi gang!

Well I'm back - sorry dashed out and didnt say bye. Had to run to work first then off to get MIL and go to dinner.

Red Robin was great and I followed thru the plan, but I have decide I really dont like doing the restaurant thing on this plan. I just dont feel in control in those places. But I survived. MIL... AGH!!! She grabs my hubby and asks..."Is Sherry smoking?" :roll: Well **** yea, I'm smoking, I have smoked for 25 years... ****.... like she doesn't know. She leaves tomorrow and now we are getting roped into taking her to airport... watch me bail out of that task.

Hope everyone is having a great OP night. I did good tonight, but I don't feel like I did. I love this plan, but I am sure anal and I really hope this doesn't throw me into some kind of nuttyness down the road. "Can't eat this, can't eat that, what are the carbs in there, become some kind of organic or vegan or some kind of way out there thing.

Thanks for letting me vent!
  • Quote: Just got back from WI. I have lost another 4 pounds which brings my weight loss down to -56.2. My original goal was to lose 60 pounds but I am thinking I will move my goal back to 70 pounds. I plan to start phasing off at the end of March. One of my sons is getting married in mid June and I want to enjoy all the celebration / food, etc. Plus by the end of March I will have been on IP for six months (seven months including phasing off during April) and I think it will be a good time for a break.
    [QUOTE=Coloradodivegirl;3732301]Hi gang!

Well I'm back - sorry dashed out and didnt say bye. Had to run to work first then off to get MIL and go to

Im glad everything went well. I have avoided the restaurants so far but I think I may try outback tomorrow.
  • I am not a big vegetable eater but would like to be. I need help though, please.

I haven't really had Cauliflower cooked, grilled just raw. I did not care for broccoli at all. I have never really had asparagus that wasn't covered in sauce. I don't like mushrooms.

Mostly just stick with cucumbers, pickles, onions, cabbage, celery, green beans, corn and carrots.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TIA
  • [QUOTE=4meandbrandon;3732315]
    Quote: Hi gang!

Well I'm back - sorry dashed out and didnt say bye. Had to run to work first then off to get MIL and go to

Im glad everything went well. I have avoided the restaurants so far but I think I may try outback tomorrow.
    4mean, I would check out the menu online before you go, it really is a great idea, that way you to in focused and with a plan.

I know you'll do good!
  • well started IP 7 weeks ago and down 25lbs... I had a planned cheat weekend last weekend and lucky for me, still lost .04lbs...went straight back on plan on Monday and can't wait for my weigh in on wednesday. Today was a great day..took all my size20, 18 and 16 pants and my 1x and 2x tops to the consignment clothes store, so hopefully I can get a little shopping money back. Then went to our local thrift shop, where there was a 50 percent off sale. Bought 3 pairs of size 12 pants and some large tops! so pumped. don't want to spend alot of money on clothes right now, because the weight just keeps melting away...so if I can get a few items here and there to tide me over, than I'm happy! Now that was just my fall and winter clothes, haven't even touched my summer wardrobe yet! Tons of room in my closet now!