Part 3 February Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 1 of 20
Go to
  • Hello Everyone! Welcome to the February Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!
  • Hi Everyone!

I started a new thread since we were over our 500 post limit.

Total Approx 1440 + Morning Joe

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
    spritz oil in pan
    egg 70 cal
    egg whites from carton 60 calories
    Handful of spinach
    2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
    high fiber English muffin 100 calories
    1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
    juice 75 calories
    coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
    Earth Grains Thin Bun 100 calories
    3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 Calories
    Mustard/Lettuce 25 Calories
    Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
    1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 calories)
    Grilled Chicken breast w/mushrooms 500 calories
    Collards 100 calories
    Steamed yellow squash 100 calories

Exercise
    TF Fire 60
    TJ Ab Jam
  • Thanks for creating a new thread Diana!
  • Lindsey Our dog Magnum is 12 years old. A couple years ago the Vet thought he had a tumor under his neck, in his chest area. The X-rays didn't show exactly what it was. The Vet convinced us that it was cancer and it needed to be removed. We had it removed. We felt so bad about him being in pain afterward. Of course we gave him pain meds, but still it was not good for him. The labs came back that it was just a benign fatty tumor. Afterward we thought about it. What if it was cancer. We were not going to give him Chemotherapy, so there really was no sense in removing it. We decided at that time, due to Magnum's age, if something like that ever comes up again, we won't do surgery. If something can be treated with medicine, his arthritis, allergies, etc. we will treat. At this point in time, I don't think we will do surgery. Unless you have a situation of a broken bone, etc. I don't know. That's just where we stand now with Magnum. It's a tough decision.
  • Krampus... My best friend lives in Austin (goes to UT for law school), it is a great city! Let me know if you have any questions about Nashville! I would seriously never leave if I didn't have such a great job offer in D.C. ... I still likely will come back someday, Nashville is amazing. Knoxville is a college town, whereas Nashville is much more young-professional, I'd definitely reccommend Nash, of the two.
  • Ah, a break through today. My 14 year old son said he noticed I had lost weight. Now THAT is saying something! He never comments on stuff like that and probably doesn't usually notice.
  • I just weighed myself before bed and was 127.... I'm feeling discouraged. Either somehow my metabolism is really screwed up and 1200 is now maintenance or something (if so, kill me now), or my body just stubbornly refuses to go lower than this weight. I'm still so happy with my exercise progress and can see changes there, but apparently I am doing something horribly wrong with the weight loss. Blah.
  • Diana -
    Berry - thats awesome!
    LL - is it possible with your excercise that you are at a building muscle stage? If I plateu it's usually at a time when I'm putting most effort in with running/gym etc. I'd say keep it up for a couple of weeks and I bet you'll start going down again. x

As for me, my run was great yesterday although I'm suffering with aches today. I did two sets of 15 mins (I'm still amazed, I couldn't run 2 minutes without wanting to die in the beginning) with a 2 min walk in the middle. Next week is the big on, 30 mins in one go and beginning training for my first 5k (haven't decided when yet). Food wise, everything was fine, I did grilled sausages with grilled veggies and mash. We didn't need dessert!!!

Today is the ususal B - Fruit and fibre (250)
    L - chillie con carne prehaps with a bit of bread (300 + 100)
    D - we didn't go shopping yesterday. I'm planning on beans on toast to be safe and I will eat before we go, I can't go shopping when hungry!

xx
  • abidabbi... It's definitely possible, my legs in particular have changed noticably to being "harder" lol. Going from 138-129 I wasnt working out, just dieting. But then I read on here that "muscle weighs more than fat" is a myth and that women dont actually gain muscle that quickly, so I begin to doubt that rationalization. :-/

I'm just trying to decide if I should stick at 1200 cals or up it to like 1400 to see if my body is "holding" on to the calories I eat because I'm working out...
  • Holy canoli! I'm away the weekend and all of a sudden, we're to a new thread!

Sounds like so many of you guys have had great stories for us here! I love it! I had to catch up on the last 8 pages of last thread, so I can't quite comment to each of you, but I'm sending out a collective "rock on!"

Things here with me have been pretty good. I've been holding steady and keeping myself on track for the most part. I "took a day off" counting on Saturday because it was DH's birthday and he wanted to go to a beer fest in our town. I ate pretty healthily but had three beers, which killed my totals, but getting back on plan Sunday was no problem. I had a slight sugar craving Sunday, but I'm guessing thats because I reintroduced beer on Saturday. It wasn't a problem yesterday, and I haven't seen any weight gain from Sat. All in all, I'm finding it a lot easier to keep to my calories in a healthy way without getting hungry. I think at this point, 1400 is my sweet spot.

Still rockin the 182! I can't wait to get back into the 170's!!
  • Good Morning!

I slept better last night, although it wasn't perfect. I do feel like I am in a better frame of mind, though. I have my Endo appointment this morning. I will let you know what she says. I picked up my NYDJ's last night. I washed/dried them before bed. I will be smokin' hot today, if it kills me. I tried them on for DH last night and he really likes them. The problem is that my Mom is coming up today. She will totally hate them. She probably won't comment on them, though. What she will do is tell me she likes the other jeans (granny pants) on me and ask when I am going to buy more of them.

Anyways, finishing up my last cup of energy (coffee). I'll be back later to chat.

Have an awesome day!
  • Checking in for the day. Yesterday I was just on the lower end of my calories at 1261. Did weight lifting in the morning and cardio in the afternoon. Housecleaning in between. Burned some good calories.

I was able to run one of my two miles yesterday at my highest speed yet, so I was pretty excited. I got that feeling like you just went out at a sprint and your body is burning, but in a good way, like when you were a kid and could run, run, run. Don't know if that makes sense to anyone, but it was cool. Had to slow it down for the second mile, this 60 pound weighted vest gets heavy .

I am sore today in the legs again, darn lunges get me every time I do them! I don't even add any extra weight yet, I think my extra body weight is enough at this point Sore muscles hold water too

So you guys can call me stable mable, scale is still at exactly 205.4! Better than gaining, right? Just waiting for a drop, but still feel a little PMSy, like I am a little puffy/bloated, so I don't know if that will happen or not. Bad news is TOM is not expected for about 8 days! If I am 205.4 for 8 more days. . . .
  • Good morning!!

jomatho--Hoping you get your drop soon!

Diana--I'm glad you got a better night sleep. Good luck at the Endo today and let us know how it goes! I'm curious to see what she says about those extra couple of pounds.

Still--Ooooh, a beer fest sounds like a ton of fun!

LLBold--Don't sweat it too much. I think you have a good plan in place. Try 1400 and see how that goes. Sometimes, our body just needs a slight jolt to confuse it a bit. That being said, 127 is an awesome number and you should be so very proud of yourself!

Abi--I want to train for my first 5k, too. I was thinking a summer/fall one.

Berry--That's an amazing NSV! My kids have been noticing, too. I love it!

Hi, Lindsey! How's your furbaby doing?

I'm so happy this morning. Despite my scale issues, the scale read 202.6 this morning. That puts me at a new low aaaaaaaaaaaaand gives me a BMI of 29.9. So, technically, I'm not obese anymore!! Yay for being overweight!! The scale also teased at 199 a few times. That gives me such hope after such a stinky few weeks weight-wise. Happy, happy!

A friend and my mom are coming over today. I might not be around after that, because my mom needs my laptop. I hope everyone has a happy and OP day!
  • The scale FINALLY moved... 216.5 baby... BUT... I'm feeling sick again...
  • Diana 3271 - so glad you got some sleep and good luck at the endo today.

Shellsbrood - woohoo on the new low! And your kids BETTER notice with that much weight loss. I'm only around 15 lbs gone, so I was really surprised he noticed, but my face has thinned down a bit and he probably notices that. That and wearing clothes that FIT versus that are nearly falling off.

LLBoldasLove - weighing yourself at night will not give you a good reading. Try again this morning.

Lindsey - it's hard to make such decisions with pets, so hugs to you.

Krampus - yay for you on having a skinny feeling day and feeling better overall.

Still - hi!

Larry - you still did great, even for a day you didn't have as much ability to control your portions.

Jomatho - slow and steady wins the race. You are doing great, the scale will reflect it eventually, I promise.

For me - I'm up .8 today. I blame it on the bunless bacon angus burger yesterday - the sodium, but such days happen and it's just a blip on the downward trend, so no worries.

No school today for the kidlets as we had snow, but I'm glad. I need a day to recuperate from my friend being here and so does my 5 year old. We were doing something every day. We need an at home day to relax. We got the treadmill to the basement last night, so I'll clean her up and try her out today! I'll leave the shoveling to the husband. He's trying to lose weight too (he just needs to lose a total of 20, 17 to go). Oh, and the new washer and dryer are coming after noon. Still doesn't make doing laundry any fun, but I'll be happy to have a front loading washer again and this time on pedestals. Our dryer is from 1967. It has one setting - fry everything. Washer is from 2005, but it's a cheap top loading machine and my European husband who has always had front loading washers hate that his clothes are being chewed up by an agitator.

Sun's out and it's purty outside! Puts me in a good mood!