Ex-Binger wishing to binge now.

• Ive always been a binger. My whole life i have closet eaten..and just about anything i could hide away and eat...I would eat and eat and eat..and well..thats how i got so fat. My uncontrollable emotional close eating..so now im trying to lose weight...The funny thing is.. i havent binged in a long time..but now i really wish i could.. i want to binge..but i cant even do that..its like im too depressed to emotionally binge right now..Before, i could eat everything and anything and keep eating and eating and eating and now im wishing that i could eat and eat and eat..because i want all these emotions and all this pain and sadness and depression to just go away..and its not ..and i just want to feel better..and i cant..i feel so frustrated..and i dont know what to do..and talking to my fiancee isnt working when he is half the problem..and i want to eat..but i cant..i cant force myself to eat anymore..and i dont even know why.. i cant even walk into the stupid store and buy a cake mix to make and eat myself..what wrong with me????
  • You are stronger than this, and I am so proud of you for posting instead of eating! Watch tv, read a book, play with your baby, paint your nails, DO SOMETHING but eat. You can do it!
  • I am an emotional eater and when things go wrong....food goes in my mouth. It'sincredible how I don't even taste the food that goes in my mouth! I finally said NO MORE...and taken notice of exactly when this feeling occurs. Its usually in a stressful situation at work for me or mostly "shortly after a stressful situation"...Its like, I am reqrding myself for getting through the stress. I think this is what I have beendoing all my life and its no easy task to change a habit. You, on the other hand seems to have come such a long way but the URGE is still there. Recognize that its just and URGE, a strong URGE and move on. Find something that you love to do in its place and do it. ANything, exercise, a book or a movie. For me, getting outside seems to be the trick. Out away from food. Keep plugging at it...yu seems to have come a long way already. Don't give up on yourself...you can do it!
  • You are growing.

You are realizing that eating to stuff away painful emotions isn't going to solve the emotions or the problems causing the emotions.

That said, if in the past all you had in your emotional toolbox was "eat to stuff it away" it's going to take you some time to develop new tools for coping with emotions, conflict resolution, keeping your temper, etc.

Try writing how you feel out.

"I feel ____ because _____. This upsets me because _______. Ideas to fix it are____"

Maybe you can get to the root of it and that could give you hints to solve it.

GL!
    A.
  • yah... i feel better today.. i didnt go bingeing..i ate healthy food but not bingeing..so im proud of myself..i havent worked through it yet but at least im not eating.
  • Great tip! I plan on using that myself.