Starting Carb Cycling Today

• Hi all! I'm brand new to 3 Fat Chicks, so first of all...here I am!

After some success last spring on the South Beach Diet, I tried to return to it after I healed a bad break to my foot. (Cast for 8 weeks...not fun and NO exercise). As a result, I gained weight and found South Beach this time around was not for me. First phase just seems too restrictive and hard to stick with in the long run.

After doing some research online, I am starting the Carb Cycling Diet today. Anyone have any experience/successes with this diet? I am going to do it my own style. Eat low carb for 3 days, then a little higher carb for one. Then repeat that cycle.

Advice please! : ) Here's to a fit and hot Nette by summer! WOO HOO!!!
  • My trainer wants me to do this- although I really haven't started b/c I have been consistently losing weight I didn't want to rock the boat. He wanted me to have two high carb days a week. and on days that I increase my carbs I am supposed to lower my fat intake as much as possible.

You should look at a site like livestrong.com to enter your food into. It divides your intake into fat/protein/carb so you could track it very easily.