OT RANT - I'm so mad at myself

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I finally got a name! Which is really funny because it's exactly like my name except add an E at the end of his and an A at the end of mine. We had a quick talk and it was CUTE and I was THIS FRIGGEN CLOSE TO ASKING HIM OUT! I EVEN ALMOST RAN OUTSIDE TO DO IT AND I DIDN'T BECAUSE I'M AN IDIOT! WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH ME! I feel like friggen crying and I don't even know why...so close I was so close and what do I friggen do I friggen chicken out like a dumbass! Someone said theres always tomorrow but I might not see him tomorrow, or the next day or the day after it just all depends on his friggen mood! I seriously hate me right now!

Okay I'm done everyone have a friggen wonderful day!
  • oh no no he should be running after you not you running after him. Until he is man enough to do that you don't need him.
  • No man runs after me. Seriously if I waited for that I'd be single for the rest of my friggen life.
  • OMG you MUST READ: "He's Just Not That Into You" by Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo. It will change your life. And your perspective. PLEASE read.... I used to say the exact same thing. Seriously. It is from a guy's perspective. Totally blows all the crap excuses we women give for why men don't ask them out out of the water.
  • Thanks I'll totally check it out!
  • you'd be surprised at what you can do when you're not the outright chaser... It's only in my secure stable relationship years that I realized that if I had played hard to get in earlier years that I would have had any man I wanted. Make them think it's their idea to go after you and that they hold the cards. They like thinking they have control.

How I hooked my current husband: "So, are you going to ask for my number or what?"

If I had known of this power when I was younger... man, life would have been different! LoL

edit: I also think "He's just not that into you" would be a good read. It really does cut out the bull that we females come up with. It may not apply to 100% of people, but it sure does apply to the majority IMO.
  • Miss- GREAT suggestion! Every single woman should read it!
  • I'm sorry you are feeling so frustrated...it is overwhelming when you like someone and there is clearly flirting and clearly tension and then nothing comes of it. I completely "second" reading He's Just Not That Into You. I read it when I broke up with someone who crushed my heart and in some way it really helped me see where I was coming at the relationship (and relationships in general) incorrectly.

I also feel you on the frustration. I have a really cute (dimples and all), broad shouldered, tall guy in my neighborhood who loves my dog and we have some great chats when we run into each other but he never asks me out. Maybe I should re-read that book now that I think on it.
  • Be friendly and sociable but he runs after you. And honey, he will! You will NOT be single forever!

Best book I ever read on the subject is by Patti Stanger (Millionaire Matchmaker, groan, I know!) Read that sucker and you'll have a bf by spring break!

http://www.amazon.com/Become-Your-Ow...7794441&sr=8-2
  • I'm buying the book tonight, I saw the movie it was great I'm totally like that damn Gigi girl its pretty funny how similar I am to her actually... But since it's pay day I'm going to buy the book read it and enjoy it!
  • I gave it to my mom after her divorce, sent a copy to my little sis in my sorority, and gave copies to several friends. Best book out there when dealin with women's insecurities about men IMHO... Enjoy! Oh and it's LOL funny too
  • I gotta give you props for ALMOST having the courage to do that! I always wanted to do something like that, but was too scared of rejection. Even after my divorce when I started looking to date, the one guy I had a crush on made it clear from the get go that he didn't see me that way. Needless to say, I remained in my old fashioned ways and let my current love chase me. Ok, he didn't have to do much chasing, but considering how shy he was, it was a big deal!

Good luck! I read that book. Enjoyed it. And basically made it easier to walk away without putting much effort into it. The main thing it taught me was, I had to be myself. The more of myself I was, the less I had to pretend to be what the guy's idea of a perfect girl was. Never have I been more comfortable with who I am! (aside from the loose skin) bleh
  • Quote: Be friendly and sociable but he runs after you. And honey, he will! You will NOT be single forever!

Best book I ever read on the subject is by Patti Stanger (Millionaire Matchmaker, groan, I know!) Read that sucker and you'll have a bf by spring break!

http://www.amazon.com/Become-Your-Ow...7794441&sr=8-2
    Well the funny thing is HE comes to me. ALWAYS I never go to him. I sit at a desk and he comes by my desk. Like this morning he stopped for a few seconds to talk. Then when he was leaving he could have went right out the doors behind me but HE came to my desk to have a discussion with me instead. So I guess I'm not the one really chasing since he's always coming to me.

I'll check out that book too, theres another one I saw at chapters I might get, it's called a break up because it's broken. I love self help books haha. So looks like Im'ma be reading alot this week.
  • ita with everyone about "he's just not that into you". i believe that every woman deserves a guy who is really into her! and if a guy is into you, it will be easy to tell.
  • Quote: I'm sorry you are feeling so frustrated...it is overwhelming when you like someone and there is clearly flirting and clearly tension and then nothing comes of it. I completely "second" reading He's Just Not That Into You. I read it when I broke up with someone who crushed my heart and in some way it really helped me see where I was coming at the relationship (and relationships in general) incorrectly.
    I really need to buy this "He's Just Not Into You" book.