**The 130s - Just Passing Through!**

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
  • Hey so I know a lot of people have goals that are under 130, so I figured I'd start a thread for us moving through this decade! Just like the other threads that are like this, post your weight, keep each other accountable, share your triumphs!

I weighed in this morning at 139.9 pounds - barely scraping in, but here I am!
  • yes! i'm down. I haven't weighed myself in a couple of days, but will probably post my weight tomorrow.

rainbow stripe- congrats on getting into the 130's!! whoo! i've been following your journey and have been totally impressed with your progress.
  • therex Aww thanks!! Look at your amazing progress, you've done so awesome!
  • weighing in at 140.4 today. ah! i'm so fed up with the 140's, but no longer shall it taunt me! I've been working out 3 times a week, and keeping my calories in check. I'm definitely seeing changes in my body too, i use to have the saggiest butt in the world, but no more!
  • Yup, I too just snuck back into the 140's, 141 today..but I'm pretty confident I'll be back at 139.9 or lower tomorrow or the next day - I believe it's sodium/water retention related gain since I had a restaurant meal last night
  • it took me about a week to get off this pound, soo frustrating but i'm finally down to 139! I was a bit indulgent this past week and have been going out for food almost everyday. It's nice to know I can maintain pretty easily eating like that though, and even lose a teeny bit of weight. I think my focus for this week is going to be really looking at my calories and being conscious about what i put into my mouth. It's almost summer and I am committed to not wearing jeans to the beach this year.
  • I've been hovering between 138.4 - 139.9 pounds...so I'm definitely in here to stay...hopefully more solidly by the end of the week!
  • Ok I am reviving this thread. I know I could post in Featherweights but I feel like 20 somethings is my home on the site so I'm trying to get this going again!

I'm finally back at 138.8 pounds after being between 138.6 and 141 for the past 2 weeks - up and downing all over the place. I hope it will be a little more linear from here on out...or at least that I won't see the 140's again!
  • Rainbow Stripe, I noticed the 130's thread in featherweights myself too, but for some reason don't really like posting there. Idk, I don't consider myself someone who just needs to loose a couple of vanity pounds. My mind still hasn't caught up to the fact i'm not obese anymore.

and weighed in at 139 today, the pounds nowadays are a lot harder to shed. super frustrating.
  • therex I'm totally with you on that - and for me at least, by no means am I losing vanity pounds...I still have A LOT of excess fat on my thighs, upper arms and stomach. Like, seriously a lot. I feel you on it being harder to lose now as well. Hopefully we'll get a couple more people in here soon!
  • I'll chime in here

Like you, rainbow, I've been hovering in and slightly out of the high 130's for a couple of weeks now! I was 138.2 this morning, and I feel like this number is becoming consistent for me so I'm gonna call myself as in. I even saw 137.6 on the scale earlier this week.... but, as always, I'll get a peek of a new number and then not see it again for another week! Ugh. It's frustrating, but I'm doing my best to just stay consistent even though the pounds have been coming off slowly.
  • pavvie- when you say slowly...how slowly? I'm just curious because now that I have gotten below 147 (I am hovering around 144-145 for the past 2 months) it is like the ounces are just creeping off SO slowly, but I am seeing some fairly significant changes in my body....RAWR!
  • Linds, my high weight of 166 actually dates back to 2005... I can't believe I've been at it this long but it had hardly been a linear affair. I was up and down all the time until I got down to 142ish in Winter 2009, but then gained back a bunch of weight and re-started again at the end of July 2010 at 158 lbs. I got back down to 145 by the end of November, and then stayed stuck within 143-145 until January of this year. I had gone on vacation back home, and while I was sure I would be up in weight (tons of Mexican food, In-n-Out, etc.) from my vacation, I actually came back at 141 lbs. After that, I stalled out almost completely for the month of January, and then I started cycling calories and have seen about a 3 lb loss in February. I've also been working on being much more regular about getting my exercise in, and I find that I tend to hold on to weight a bit more when I'm consistent - though I do start to look a bit less flabby! I'm also a person who refuses to push calories super low; I'd rather wait it out than eat only 1,000 calories a day and have a loss I ultimately can't maintain.

From your other posts I've seen, it seems that you're super diligent about going to the gym, so I bet you're seeing awesome changes in your figure even though the scale is being a jerk! We'll break through these evil 3 lb ranges!
  • Pavvie- thanks for sharing! I love that this has been a journey for you because it makes me feel better that this weight isn't just falling off. I really do not want to be eating 1000 cals a day just to lose the pounds faster. I would rather stick to something managable because the liklihood is much greater that the weight will stay off long term!
  • For sure! I've definitely been most successful this time around, and I think it's because I learned to relax and understand that if I can stay consistent, then I'll get to where I'm going eventually I don't beat myself up anymore when I make a mistake (for too long, anyway), and it's made it much easier for me to not get totally derailed and have a "f*** it" attitude. I still get annoyed when the scale doesn't want to cooperate, but I'm way happier now that I'm not 100% neurotic all the time... which, believe me, I was. I now consider my weight-loss mostly a self-administered behavioral experiment... haha. I tweak something, collect data, and adjust as necessary. Seems to be working okay thus far!

ps yes, I feel I would likely die if I ate 1,000 calories. Or become super *****y, maniacal, and homicidal. Either way, death in some form would likely be involved.