1 scale tells the truth and 1 scale lies..but who is who?

• Okay, so i weigh myself every morning and every night..No i dont weigh myself every night because i want to, but its because its a part of my wii fit profile. You step on the wii fit board and it takes your weight..and compares it with yesterdays weight..So..fair enough.. But i will go by the morning scale..So i go by the morning scale and it says to me "You have lost NOTHING" and then in the evening i go on my wii fit board and it takes my weight and it says "you have gone down 0.5 kg" so..the one in the morning says "nothing" and the one at night says "somthing" So which do i really go by? Oddly enough.. both scales measured me at the same weight when i started my program.. and now both scales are reading differently..so which do i trust? The big wii fit board with the built in scale that says i go down? or the small ww scale that i keep in the kitchen that says ive stayed the same???

Which is more accurate you think?
  • it could just be that the scale in the kitchen doesn't register as low of a weight loss as the wii fit scale ? some scales just round up at a certain percentage whether you have actually lost a bit or not

if that's it, i would just stick to the wii fit scale and not even bother to weigh myself on the other scale, especially if you are getting weighed in the wii fit program every night
  • Could the battery on the standalone scale be going out?
  • is one scale on a carpet?

That one will tend to be the less accurate.
  • I would go with the one in the morning. Weight fluctuates a ton through out the day. Some nights I weight 1 pound more at night then in the morning and sometimes I weight 3 or 4 pounds more at night and I use the same scale for everything.
  • I'd go with the higher weight. You'll inevitably have a doctor's visit for a well-woman exam, and it's nice to see a lower number in the Dr's office than you expected.

Yeah, mindgames with myself. Expect the worst, hope for the best, never be disappointed.
  • "Which Witch is Which?" That's a children's book the title reminded me of.

It sounds like both are accurate, and remarkably the same. You evening weight is going to be different than your morning weight and you can't compare the two. If your weight was lower in the evening, well then wahoo! Expect a drop from your morning weight!

I say just pick one. My preferred one would be the one I could get on quickly and get naked. That's the not the Wii at my house. It takes too long and I can't stand in my family room naked with two boys in my house.
  • I weigh myself every morning at the same time and thats what I go by but I try not to let it get me down one way or another. The important thing is to continue the weight is going to fall as long as you stay on plan