I dreamt about the scale last night!!

• I am not the type that dreams about food, body, scale etc, but last night I went to bed and dreamt about the scale.

In the dream I was stepping on the scale and it was acting funny. The number would go up and up and not stop till it hit 175. I was trying to hold onto things beside me in the dream to get the number to go down. LOL

It wasn't a terrible dream, as far as being disturbed, but it does show that it is really on my mind right now. I've been stalled at 147 for a week and I am so ready to see that number change.

My weight loss is entirely done by whooshes and I never see just a slight change, it's always a pound or more. Because of that it takes forever for the scale to change some time.

At the moment I am eating 1200-1400 calories per day (weighing and measuring for accuracy), lifting 3x a week, and cardio 4x a week. I am ready to lose something!!!
  • Dreams are somethin huh? lol. They let you know EXACTLY whats been on your mind. I havent had a scale dream but i ALWAYS dream about working out. Sometimes it seems so real that I almost log it in my daily journal! haha
  • katydid- dont worry its coming!! you'll get past it ! I dreamt last night that someone was reminding me that eating lots of simple carbs makes you crave more carbs. thats because i ate a lot of pretzels yesterday for snacks dipped in hummus. today i'll do better

@ msjuizy - that is so funny ! you almost log it in your journal I wish i could get motivation to exercise like you I saw on another post you exercise a lot you go girl!!
  • Quote: At the moment I am eating 1200-1400 calories per day (weighing and measuring for accuracy), lifting 3x a week, and cardio 4x a week. I am ready to lose something!!!
    Well you're clearly in a deficit. I hope that isn't high intensity cardio because a dietary deficit + lots of intense training = problems. Cortisol levels will always be high which will help with water retention. If that is all high intensity may I humbly suggest you devise a new training program?

Let your deficit create the fat loss, weight training to retain muscle, and brisk walking for your cardio.
  • Quote: Well you're clearly in a deficit. I hope that isn't high intensity cardio because a dietary deficit + lots of intense training = problems. Cortisol levels will always be high which will help with water retention. If that is all high intensity may I humbly suggest you devise a new training program?

Let your deficit create the fat loss, weight training to retain muscle, and brisk walking for your cardio.
    The cardio is not really dramatic stuff, usually either 30 minutes on the elliptical or a 60 minute walk outside.

As for the lifting, I'm doing New Rules of Lifting for Women and obviously not seeing much in the way of strength gains, but just using to to retain strength. Not a gym rat by any stretch of the imagination. The average lifting session is like 25-30 minutes.

One thing I have to figure in, in that I have a very active job (ten hour shifts and I walk the whole time). The times I've worn a pedometer I average 10-13 miles per shift. My body is quite used to it, so I don't get the 'wow, I'm working out' results that others might get in the same situation.
  • Should be ok with that kind of training. Hang in there!
  • There is a possibility that you need to add more calories; and do a cycling thing as well. You are very active on a daily basis: walking 10-13 miles a day is a lot for anyone; and that's not counting everything else you do each day. 147 lbs x 15 (active person) = 2205 - 500 = 1705 calories. Maybe try eating 1700, then 1500; then 1600 & 1400, and so on and see what happens.
  • [QUOTE=

@ msjuizy - that is so funny ! you almost log it in your journal I wish i could get motivation to exercise like you I saw on another post you exercise a lot you go girl!![/QUOTE]

awww thanks! I just want to lose this weight SOOOOO bad. Ive never been so motivated in my life. AND i love, love, LOVE my gym!