Anyone gain weight after starting to drink water?

• Hi everyone.

I recently have started to drink at least 64oz of water each day. I have always disliked the taste of water, so I am afraid my body has decided to hold on to every last drop. I started my water intake yesterday and I jumped on my scale tonight, just to see and it showed I had gained about 5lbs in the 2 days I started drinking the water. Has this happened to anyone else? What am I doing wrong? Thanks for the time to read and answer everyone. Have a wonderful night!!
  • it may be kind of what you said, that your body is hanging on to what you gave it.
    Many people are is a state of dehydration, and don't really know it. So your body confuses hunger with needing water. Hence the" if you are hungry drink a glass of water and wait 10 min".

Water is also heavy - 1 pint = to 16oz is = to 1 lb, so depending on when you drank it, when you went potty last, if you had a BM (sorry if TMI) food you ate during the day, you could have 5 lbs at the end of the day.

Give it a week of drinking more water and see what happens.

Water does a body good
  • It will if you're eating a lot of salt-laden foods. Hormonal fluctuations will lead to bloat. Not eating enough will cause you to bloat.

Keep drinking and see where it goes.
  • I always found drinking water to be one of the things that helped me lose weight.. although im not sure why.. but i know what you mean, its kinda disheartening when you gain weight and havent eaten anything.. but remember this... water isnt fat!
  • I've been watching the Biggest Loser online, and in a couple of episodes the contestants were "water loading" - that is deliberately gaining temporary weight by drinking water until it came out of their ears. Then, they'd just sweat it out over the next week so they'd lose a massive amount of weight at the weigh-in. It's only water, and if you stopped drinking it excessively and worked out, you'd lose all of it pretty quick. But the other guys are right, water is good for you, and it's not fat weight. So I'd keep going! The only thing that puts me off drinking so much is that I hate having to go pee every half hour!!