Can you make yummy, low carb protein shakes at home?

• I have been buying the Atkins Advantage milk chocolate shakes to have in the morning as I'm hurrying about and don't have time for a sit down breakfast. Or, for when I'm having a sweet tooth craving. I love them because they are filling and full of good stuff my body needs anyway (I can't drink milk or eat things like cottage cheese).

However, they are really expensive, $1.25 a piece. I was wondering if there was a powder form that was still low carb (i'm having issues with blood sugars) and high protein?
  • I'm not on Akins... but I do AMP Whey Protein (1 scoop - 20g protein) plus one cup of vanilla almond milk, plus a Splenda blended with ice (5 carbs total?o)... I think it is yummy enough, though its better with PB2 powdered peanut butter (not a lot of carbs, but need to order online) or a half cup of blueberries (adds 10 carbs).
  • I'm not doing atkins either, but some of their products are great if you have to worry about every single simple carb. Where can you buy that whey protein? I'm assuming at Whole Foods and probably health food stores. I wish I could try it before committing to a whole jar of it!
  • I get it at GNC... I waited until it was buy one get one free! And I dont get the big jars, I get them in packets.
  • I steer clear of Atkin's products; I've read about many people stalling and/or gaining on them.
  • I picked up some Muscle Milk (big time sale) and it's pretty darn good! I double the amount of water it says to use (otherwise I would feel I'm drinking a syrup), but it's tasty and keeps me full for HOURS. Great for someone who is hungry in the morning, but can't handle heartier foods.

And about Atkins products. I eat their protein bars (only the really low carbs ones) and I don't know what I would do without them for when I'm really busy running around and don't have time to eat. It's that or a pit stop at McDonalds and guess which one is more likely to stall me out?