100 lb Club Bios

You're on Page 42 of 43
Go to
  • Geographical location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Marital Status: Divorced

Children/Ages: None

Pets: 1 shetland sheepdog

Hobbies/Interests: Swimming, classic car shows, camping, trail walking, fishing

Height: 5'1

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel eyes, blonde hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 5/13/19 (Previously Summer 2012)

Starting Weight: 298

Goal Weight: 200

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Get bored/distracted easily.

Following any specific plan: Metabolism Miracle / Low carb

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My blood work recently came back scary bad, and I'm worried about being put on life-long medication when I'm still young.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I tried MM once before, in 2012. I had a lot of success(30lb and 2 dress sizes down), but fell off the program.
  • First name: Shelly

Geographical location: Texas

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: Son, 2 year old

Pets: Dog & cat

Hobbies/Interests: Reading & anything water-related

Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time around? Officially started mid-May 2019 with an actual workout routine (that I've kept for 2 weeks now) and diet plan.

Starting Weight: 285 lbs (when my son was born late 2017); 245 lbs (mid-May 2019)

Present Weight: 231 lbs

Goal Weight: 175 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Fighting the urge to eat all the time. I'm always hungry or craving food... even after I've just eaten and know I should be full.

Following any specific plan: IF & counting calories. Setting up short goal posts to avoid discouragement.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm motivated to be a healthier version of myself for someone other than myself: my son. I spent my 20s yo-yo’ing between 220-180 lbs. Before my son was born, I was at 185 lbs. By the time he was born, I weighed at an all-time-high: 285 lbs. I was also pre-diabetic, pre-hypertensive, pre-everything. Now I’m in my thirties, hoping to accomplish what I could not in my 20s.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Hoping 3FC will help keep me accountable & inspired! Woohoo!

------
    11/14/19 Update: I re-joined 3FC mid-May, weighing in around 245 lbs. It's now mid-November, and I've seen Onderland! I'm also out of the pre-diabetic & pre-hypertensive ranges! YOU CAN DO THIS, LADIES!!

10/25/20 Update: I can't believe my goal weight when I started this 1.5 year ago was 175... I've been firmly weighing in at 177 for the last three days... Hoping to update in a month and be at that 175 <3
  • First name: Eileen

Geographical location: Southern California

Marital Status: Happily divorced

Children/Ages: grown ups x2

Pets: none at present

Hobbies/Interests: Hiking, travel, politics

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/varies, currently blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: March 1, 2019

Starting Weight: 234.6 (highest ever)

Present Weight: 192.2 last week, weigh in tomorrow

Goal Weight: 154?

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Doing ok at present but worried about maintenance even though it is months away

Following any specific plan: Started with a medically supervised low calorie plan, now transitioned to Wonderslim

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I don't know why, but my mindset is completely different. Also, have incorporated exercise. Have made travel plans that include physical exertion and am determined to complete that challenge.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I miss wine
  • All About Me
    First name: Wendy

Geographical location: North Dakota

Children/Ages: Girl 23, Girl 16, Boy 15

Pets: Cat

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Country Music, Minnesota Vikings, Watching my kids in their activities.

Height: 5' 6"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown eyes, naturally brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Feb 2019

Starting Weight: 333

Present Weight: 305.6

Goal Weight: 175

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Finding foods that I enjoy eating that are good for me.

Following any specific plan: WW

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am determined

Anything else you would like to share with us:
  • Brand Spankin' New Here...
    First name: Patricia

Geographical location: Not gonna say, except it's not my favorite place!

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: I am not a fan of the wee ones... Happily childless.

Occupation: I am on disability because of chronic mental illness.

Pets: My two cats! Charles and Doris!

Hobbies/Interests: I'm a film nut. I also love writing letters to my pen pals and writing in my blogs.

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Since I was in the womb.

Starting Weight: 330lbs

Present Weight: 320lbs

Goal Weight: 170lbs, but maybe a little higher. Depends on how I feel.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I take medication that causes a lot of problems with weight gain. I have schizoaffective disorder and I vary a lot with how I feel. My psychosis is under control, but I have manias and deep depression, along with severe anxiety and panic. I use food to calm myself down and I just don't want to do that anymore. I could write a novel, but I'll stop there...

Following any specific plan: I just want to engage in exercise that works for me and apply moderation to my eating because I tend to restrict, then go batshit with junk food.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Basically, I am trying to revamp my life in a way that is realistic for me. Losing weight has not felt realistic in the past and it does now. It is difficult to explain why, but I feel that I am finally ready. The fact that I am testing out a forum is totally out of character for me, so maybe that's a good sign?!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Ummmm... I think I covered the basics.
  • First name: Gary

Geographical location: SW Missouri

Children/Ages: none

Pets:none

Hobbies/Interests: bluegrass musician, storm chaser, reading

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: originally 2011, restart May 15, 2020

Starting Weight: 375

Present Weight: 305.1

Goal Weight: 215

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: consistency; food allergies; juggling responsibilities

Following any specific plan: Stronger U Macros

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: my mindset

Anything else you would like to share with us: looking forward to the accountability of those in a similar situation
  • i know im a real good dancer!
    First name: William

Geographical location: Washington State

Children/Ages: nephews and nieces from 4 to 18

Pets: 2 dogs. Huckleberry and Gypsy

Hobbies/Interests: pickin mushrooms and huckleberries, hangin with the nephs

Height: 6'4"

Eye/Hair Color: green/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 8/1/2019 tore my miniscus

Starting Weight: 400 freekin lbs

Present Weight: 325

Goal Weight:? maybe around 260

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: fear. fear of relapse, failure, regrets

Following any specific plan: counting calories works for me

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i always just increased my activity. i thought that was working. wrong! 400 lbs speaks to psychological issues that cause obsession and compulsion, and i see it now as a problem that effects large swaths of my life. eating is just the most evident manifistation of the problem.

Anything else you would like to share with us: i hope i can make my outside look as beautiful as my insides.
  • First name: Laura

Geographical location:Wisconsin, USA,

Marital Status:married

Children/Ages:0

Pets: 1 rat terrier

Hobbies/Interests: gardening, wellness, personal/spiritual growth

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/green

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 7/12/20 - this time...

Starting Weight: 232

Present Weight: 232

Goal Weight: 132

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:
    Mandating (within myself) that my self worth is priority over lifelong habits of Emotional binge eating
    Following any specific plan: no

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I feel my age, have chronic fatigue and have given up dressing nicely or taking any effort/pride on how I look - this is scaring the **** out of me

Anything else you would like to share with us: I really think I need a community to lean on as I tackle changing my entire way of being.
  • First name: Jill

Geographical location: NJ

Children/Ages: two boys, who have flown the nest

Pet: A collie named Miles

Hobbies/Interests: writing, painting, quilting, hiking

Eye/Hair Color: brown eyes, hair is a lot grayer than it used to be

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: been at it since I was 8, but this time I restarted on Oct 27th 2019

Starting Weight: 300 (253.6 this time)

Present Weight: 198

Goal Weight: between 169 and 172

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: self sabotage and emotion driven eating

Following any specific plan: Atkins DANDR with Candida modifications

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My head is really back in the game.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Being connected keeps me more accountable. When you don't hear from me for a week or so, it means I am in trouble with my eating.
  • This is my second Bio Here, copy and pasted from the first time I joined up in 2014. I've updated the relevant information

First name: Diana

Geographical location: Manitoba Canada

Marital Status: engaged --> married

Children/Ages: nada

Pets: nada -->this changed 3 rats named Murder, Mayhem and Arson and two degus named Machiavelli and Lornezo. We're also fostering 2 other degus for a local rescue, and at least one of them is pregnant so we're going to be up to our ample hips in rodents soon!

Hobbies/Interests: Leathercrafting, soapmaking, canning, electronics (Building wee tiny robots), carpentry, whatever shiny catches my eye this week. --> We can add cheesemaking, needlepoint and gardening to the list

Height: 5' 0"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown-going grey --> bit more grey than before, but not as much as feared

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: October 27, 2014 ---> and a restart on July 1st, 2020

Starting Weight: 250 lbs Started at 235lb this round

Present Weight: 232.8 lbs Currently 219.8lbs

Goal Weight: 125 lbs meh, this is fuzzier. Wherever I end up

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: To not let the amount of time it's going to take discourage me

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers --> No plan this time, just some calorie counting.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: There aren't any real attempts in the past ----> We'll see if I can make it past my six month tap out. Six months seems to be where I want to tap out of the weight loss game, so we're going to try and improve that.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm a gaming nerd. RPGs, video games, board games... all fun.
  • First name: Shay

Geographical location: Ontario, Canada

Children/Ages: 26, 20, 18

Pets: 1 cat, 1 dog

Hobbies/Interests: Tarot Reading, Cooking, Wood working, Brewing, Food Photography, Gaming, Candle making, Soap making, Essential Oils, urban gardening

Height: 5'2"

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: September 3, 2020

Starting Weight: 289lbs

Present Weight: 289lbs

Goal Weight: 150lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Lack of planning.

Following any specific plan: Yes, Alternate Day Diet

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Being severely obese is affecting my quality of life now.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am excited to have the opportunity to make new friends and have accountability with like-minded people. I play World of Warcraft, SecondLife and Sims 4.
  • Hello all
    So much great info will be learned.
  • First name: Tiera

Geographical location: Georgia

Marital Status:Married

Children/Ages:

Pets:N/A

Hobbies/Interests: Cooking

Height:5'3

Eye/Hair Color: Brown / Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: February 2, 2018

Starting Weight:170

Present Weight:150

Goal Weight:130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: stress eating for comfort.

Following any specific plan: Intermitting fasting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: mindset and age.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Excited for the journey and recommendations!
  • First name: Jim

Geographical location: Austin

Marital Status: Divorced

Children/Ages: 2

Pets: 2 cats

Hobbies/Interests: Blackgammon

Height:6'3

Eye/Hair Color: Brown / Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: February 2, 2018

Starting Weight:280

Present Weight:270

Goal Weight:240

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: stress eating for comfort.

Following any specific plan:

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: mindset and marital status.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Excited for the journey and recommendations
  • First name: Rose

Geographical location: Miami FL

Children/Ages: none

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: movies

Height: 4'10

Eye/Hair Color: dark brown/black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 06.07.21

Starting Weight: 156

Present Weight:150.00

Goal Weight: 110.00