#248 Bale of Turtles Doing What We Need to Get What We Want!

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • TGIF! Morning all and Welcome Shay!

So glad the weather is better witnessed 2 car accidents this week, nothing major but 2 in one week! talk about being in the wrong place wrong time! am I next??? Roads are bare now so thats better, sidwalks are still a mess, even with boots on still coming home with wet boots/feet.

Bandit2 I live in Peterborough we are practially nextdoor neighbors!!!

Y last night with a friend did 20 min, on eliptical and 30 on the treadmill I guess it was moderate excercise, it is great to have a few gym buddies we make each other go but I think it is important and something I have to accept I will have to exercise the rest of my life!!!!!!!

Hope to get off work early today, we only see patients until noon but then there is the weeks worth up paperwork to catch up on! So hopefully not to late 3 pm would be great. No weekend plans. just relaxing!
    So Turtles have a great day!

Terri
  • Welcome Shay!

Sounds like all the Turtles are keepin' on and doing well. Yay for all of us!

This week has been stressful at work, which is why I haven't been around much. I have a 3-day weekend though, so that will make up for the tough week!

I don't think I shared this with the Turtles earlier in the week, but I hit a milestone weight this week - 50 lbs lost!! I'm over half way to my first big goal weight now! All the advice, support and accountability with the Turtles has definitely been helping along the way.....so thank you all for that!

Hope everyone has a great Friday. Any exciting plans for the weekend, Turtles?
  • Peanutt, :
    You are a speedy turtle, that's for sure!!!!!! Congrats on your wonderful accomplishment. Weigh to go. You're doing great.

Yesterday was a disaster. Today I have written down my food which will keep me accountable.
    Love,
    Judy
  • Hello everyone and happy Friday to you all... I am very happy that it is finally here! Get to go and visit with the kids and the new grandbaby tomorrow so am very excited about that... I could not wait for this week to be over and Saturday to get here so that I could see the baby again... LOL - Grammy on the edge warning - LOL.

Went to TOPS last night and stayed for the meeting... was up 1.4 - have not been there in forever though so I will take it and move on. Have WW W/I and meeting tomorrow morning and pretty positive I will have a gain there but have been pretty much on track for a few days now so things are looking up!

Shay: Welcome! We are so glad to have you with us!

Peanut: Huge congrats on hitting the 50# mark!

Bandit: How did you do last night?

Judy: How are the hives doing?

Life: You sound like you are a bit worn out - hope you get a brake this weekend!

Terri: Great job getting to the gym! I need to work on that... ugh, not one of my strong suits.

Cherry: how are you doing these days?

Lizzy: How are you doing? Did you get back to Zumba class yet?

Loopy: You sound super busy! I love the list though, great idea!

I hope I did not miss anyone... if I did I apologize! Have to run, busy day!
    Princess
  • Hi Turtles,
    Today I wrote down my food for the day and sent it to a friend. She's in WW's too, lost a lot of weight three years ago and is in stall mode just like me. I know this will help me.

Tomorrow my dd's and I are heading to a fancy hotel on LI, NY to have tea. Doesn't that sound elegant? It was a Christmas present my youngest daughter gave to me and her sister. We always have a good time together, so I'm looking forward to it. Nice way to spend Saturday!

Princess, do you carry a warning, "Step away from the baby. Grandma is here!" LOL. I am so happy for you. That first grandbaby is truly a gift!!!!!
    You WI went well, I think. You've had a lot going on and from now on out it's downward and onward!

My hives are about the same. I am praying that they only last a year. With the type of system this is, that should be about right. (I have heard that some people have hives for two years and then they magically disappear. I hope mine magically disappear way before then) No doubt they mess up my weight loss. However, if I eat out of control, I gain like crazy. So, any loss I get seems to evaporate the next WI, but any gain I get hangs on tight. Not at all fun. On the other hand, although we've got tons of snow, dh and I are going out today. We're going to get some yarn for me. I need to concentrate on what I can do. Yay.

Everybody, do well this weekend. You're all the best.
    Love,
    Judy
  • Happy Friday Turtles!

Went to WI this morning and as I expected I was up some. I wasn't suprised as I enjoyed my vacation very much and didn't follow the plan as well as I should have. So - I'm back to tracking and and planning.

Princess - enjoy that grandbaby!

Peanut - congrats on 50 pounds! You go girl!

I've made it back to Zumba and the gym.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Lizzie
  • Hi Everyone. Thank you for the welcomes.

I had a great day today. I ate on plan and I didnt eat crap and I exercised. I was clear minded and I had energy. I wanna feel like this everyday!

How was your day?
  • Lizzie, great for getting over to do some Zumba! Weigh to go!

Shay, how terrific to hear your enthusiasm.

As far as me, I wrote my food down early this morning and as I ate it, I crossed it off. Had a good day so far.

Judy
  • Morning, turtles:

Terri - that is so cool we are close. I stayed in Peterborough for 3 nights for my Tops convention last summer & besides that I been there lots over the years. Nice job on getting to the gym, half the battle is getting there.

Peanutt - Congrats on such a fabulous weight loss! That is a huge accomplishment - good for you.

Grammy Princess - this is such a nice time for you, enjoy the new arrival & as Judy said your little weight gain is no big deal, that will be gone in no time
    and you are back to your meetings which is great. As for me, I was down 1# Thurs night which brings my Jan total to 4 (still up 1# since before Christmas)
    and hoping that will be gone this week. So doing good & back on track.

Judy - yes, your tea sounds very elegant. Doing such different things must be lots of fun. Too bad about those hives, hope they disappear soon.
    I also can weight extremely easy - if I overdo it I can be up 2 or 3 # next day
    no problem. I think some of that is just water retention, since it usually goes away quickly if I stay on track. Glad to see you are journalling. Good luck this week!

Lizzie - glad you enjoyed your vacation & are back on track.

Shay - nice to see you are working your programme. That is what we all need to do. As they say if you work the programme, the programme works for you. Keep up the good work.

So my new week starts Fri a.m. since my weigh in is Thurs evening.
    My goal this week is to stay on track, journal and exercise 3 times.

All - everyone have a great week & lets all drink some extra water!
  • Bandit, you're doing great! :
    Glad you had a successful week and a weight loss. Good for you!

Today should be fun. Yesterday I ate what I said I would. My weight is up a lot since Christmas, but I've got to take this one day at a time.
    Love,
    Judy
  • Good morning everyone and a very happy Saturday to you all!

We have clear but cold weather this weekend and a very large wall of snow headed our way for Monday! Peachy! But I live in the north and it is winter time so I will not complain, we are going to stop by the store on our way home from seeing the grandbaby and pick up a couple of outside doggie toys as all of ours are under snow and we want to take the furry kids to the park later today for some run time... we all need to get out into the fresh air so it will be a good time.

Went to W/I this morning but did not stay for the meeting because we have a lot going on this morning with going to see the grandbaby and we are taking lunch for everyone. I was down 3.0 lbs... really don't know how that happened LOL but I will take it and keep at it!

My overall goal is to reach a better level of health, it is not to fit into a size 4 (I don't think I ever will get that small) or to say I weigh a certain amount, I just don't want to be tired anymore and I want to lower my risk of all of the illnesses that go with being overweight. That is my goal for 2011 - I will get there like a turtle but I will get there.... again.

Judy: The Tea sounds so wonderful! I have always wanted to do that, what a wonderful gift your DD got you and so very thoughtful! Enjoy! Heres to no more hives for you!

Bandit: Great job! I am so happy to see more folks from Canada joining us! For years and years you were the only one so now it looks like we have lots of turtles on both sides of the Great Divide!

Shay: I loved your post! Just "feeling" strong, good, whatever you want to call it is worth a million and I am eager to get there - a huge congrats to you for reaching that level!

Lizzy: Thanks! I am so happy to be a grammy! LOL - the guys at work make fun of me but I don't pay attention to them very much - they say that I am glowing so much that they are going to have to start wearing sunglasses inside while they work... LOL - goofy guys!

Loopy: I am sure that you are busy but best wishes for a wonderful weekend.

Cherry: How are you doing?

Peanut: Are you enjoying your time off from work? Hope you have a great and less stressful few days!

Terri: Car accidents are super scary, very glad you were not involved. Enjoy your weekend!

Life: How are things going with you?

I have to run... have to finish up the lunch and get ready to head to see the kids here soon. Have a great weekend everyone!
    Princess
  • Sunshine = positive attitude! Feeling great today, hope all you turtles are enjoying the sunshine where you are. Makes you feel better happier.

Off to the gym and Mother visiting today. Hope everyone has a great weekend and stays on plan. We can do this together!!!! I know we can!

Terri

Terri
  • Good morning everyone and happy Sunday to you all! Now they have changed our wall of snow to a wall of sleet and ice... I would rather have the snow... LOL.

Went to spend time with the kids and grandbaby yesterday, what a joy that is! I could just sit and stare at the baby and be throughly entertained for hours - LOL. I tried to post new avatar picture of the baby and I so that you all could see what he looks like but the picture requirements are too strickt and it just would not fit and still be viewable.

Terri: Sounds like you are doing well! Enjoy your time with your mom!

Have a great day all!
  • Hi everyone

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend, yeserday was nice & sunny
    alittle overcast today but still pretty warm considering how it has been.

My daughter is coming home today & looking forward to that. Easy dinner since she requested lasagna, garlic bread & salad. With her being dowtown on her own, she is enjoying home-cooked food when she is here.
    So, will just have to watch my portions with these items.

Didn't get to our hot yoga yesterday since 2 of the girls were sick & the other injured her knee. So hopefully we can get back next weekend.

Well, lets all have a great upcoming week at the scales!
  • Yesterday's tea was wonderful. Good to chat with my daughters, see how they are all doing. Food in total points plus was way too high, but today has been good and I got on the

Bandit, enjoy the time with your daughter. It sounds like a yummy menu.

Princess, how wonderful to have a new baby boy in your family. What love and fun.

I have a recipe for cauliflower soup you might like:

CAULIFLOWER SOUP
    2 carrots, chopped
    head of cauliflower, broken into florets
    med. onion, chopped
    1-2 cups water and two cubes boullion (or same amt. of broth)
    pepper to season
    Boil for 15min. or until veggies are tender.
    Blend in blender or use immersion blender in pot to make the mix smooth like a bisque.
    Creamy and yummy----pretty light orange color---zero points. can't beat that!

Okay, gotta run. Hey, it's 5:13Pm and it's still light out. Yeah--the very shortest days are gone for the year.
    Judy
    234.6/192/170's and thinner