One of my articles won a prize :)

• I'm so excited that I had to come share! An article I'd written this past summer for a freelance content site was selected as one of the site's "Content of the Year" award winners. The five hundred bucks are incredibly welcome, but I'm even more thrilled about the vote of confidence in my writing. People actually read it and liked it--that just makes me want to hug the world.

It's not the only site for which I write, but I think it just became my new favorite.

How many calories does the "Happy Happy Joy Joy" dance burn, I wonder?
  • Congratulations! Can we get a link?
  • That's amazing!!! You should definitely be very very proud of yourself.

It's not often that creativity gets recognized in such a broad, big way. Us creative types really have to work for that.
  • Congratulation
  • I hope it's okay to put a link. It's to Yahoo!News, so it shouldn't be an issue--and if it is, I'm sorry to the mod for whom I'm making extra work.

Anyway, here it is: Katrina Wrecked Houses, but Not Home.
  • Great article! It was very poignant and not a viewpoint you get a lot. Great job and congrats!
  • One writer to another, CONGRATULATIONS! That is definitely worth dancing about. My 3rd Grader just won 1st Place in Creative Writing in district.
  • Thank you, cherbear--and thank you all.

Now I just need to think of a good way to celebrate that doesn't involve cake.
  • Congratulations! That's great!
  • Congrats!!! I really liked the article!!

(and the link is fine!)
  • Congratulations! It's so well written.
  • Mazel tov!!!!