slow going

• Hello All~

This is my second time doing south beach. I know it is supposed to be a way of life but somehow I got off track and basically gained back all I lost. On a better note I'm back on track!

This is my 3rd week. I finished ph. 1 and am in ph. 2, but am stuck at only 4lbs loss. I do have a bad habit of weighing myself every morning but I have been 100% committed to the diet. I have been exercising more than normal...so maybe it's muscle weight. Anyhow just feeling a little discouraged.

sw: 213
    cw: 209
    gw: 150
  • You should measure. Sometimes especially on this diet you lose inches even when the scale does not reflect a loss. Also, personally on this diet I find I lose weight from the top down -
  • It will be slow but it will be sustainable and healthy. Keep up the good work!
  • I lost 4 pounds (ph 1) and this week .2. I am happy and know that I am eating better and my INSIDES are getting the benefit. Hang in. Things will brighten up for you.
  • Are you drinking diet soda or anything like that? I have found talking to other people that these things dramatically slow their weight loss.
  • Why don't you post what you are eating and perhaps we can see something that you are missing. Hang in there though as this way of eating isn't meant to be a quick fix but rather a healthy way of eating/living. It will pay off.
  • ah I hope thats not true about diet soda...Im not ready to give that up. Is crystal light the same problem?
  • Quote: ah I hope thats not true about diet soda...Im not ready to give that up. Is crystal light the same problem?
    From my own personal "research" yes anything with fake sugar will slow your weight loss down because your body doesn't know the difference between real and fake sugar.

I pretty much only drink water now for that reason.
  • Yikes!!! Diet soda is a main-stay for me....
    Hmm...maybe a week of just water is in the cards.
  • Drink lots of diet soda. It has never been a problem for me with weight loss or maintenance.
  • Everyone is different- what affects some might not affect others.