Walden Farms Product Reviews

You're on Page 10 of 28
Go to
  • Quote: I bought a whole bunch of WF and have tried the syrup (awesome), chocolate syrup on frozen pudding (great) and Italian. The Italian was kind of runny and flavorless .
    Oh boy...I'm trying the Italian tomorrow. I hope maybe my taste buds will like it!
  • Has anyone tried the bacon dip? Interested in that, I miss dipping!
  • So far with WF products not the greatest luck.
    Sweet Onion, thousand island, ranch, Honey Mustard yuck. They tell me the smallest amount mixed into tuna can be good. But I cant get past the chemical nasty tasting sweetener. Ive heard the Chipotle ranch is really good mixed with a little salsa and then tossed on salad. The mayo is ok mixed with pickles and tuna just a little bit. The marshmallow whip.....ohhh sick. Made the mistake of mixing this in one of my puddings to change things up. Couuuuld not do it. The only thing it was ok was mixed half a tsp into a bowl of raspberries to mimic berries and cream. I actually do really like the WF BBQ sauces I add some spices of my own to heat them up but still pretty good. I do like the WF Italian Dressing, Balsamic Dressing and the Italian with Sundried Tomatoes is delish! For me the Seafood Sauce is great i find the products sweetened with Splenda by WF are much more bearable. Same for the Carmel sauce great drizzled on the chocolate pudding or pancakes. I am excited to try the Big Mac in a Bowl seems to be a huge hit. HOpefully I wont mind the Thousand Island dressing on that!!
  • I agree with the other "yuckers"! I can sort of deal with the Asian and the Balsamic. I eat really fresh food and not much processed food so I think I am especially sensitive to fakey food. I mix my own dressing with flavored oils, herbs, and vinnegars.
  • I like the Asian dressings for stir fries. I bought a few individual packs of the honey mustard and was surprised that I liked it too. I didn't like the ranch dressing.
  • Things I've tried:
    Caesar dressing - yuck
    Creamy italian - yuck
    chocolate syrup - yuck
    thousand island - yuck
    caramel syrup - yuck, like putting colored non-dissolvable gelatin in my coffee, had chunks of it "floating" in my coffee.
    honey bbq sauce - double yuck, tasted very similar to the chocolate sauce and was not what I was hoping for on my pork chop.
    I have added mustard to the caesar dressing and the 1000 island to cut the artificial sweet taste of it. Both times, I was going for a burger substitute for my meal, so it did work. But, I can't stand to eat these dressings on a salad. Still baffled as to why the chocolate sauce and bbq sauce tasted so similar. Weird.
  • Based on the reviews I've read here, I'm going to try the 1000 island and the choc syrup. I tried the Ranch....Ick! I couldn't do it. Way to sweet...or ..something. I just add my salad plain. I'm hoping I can at least tolerate the 1000 island.
  • I like the ranch, but the asian was terrible.
  • I am SO thankful I just found this thread, AND the Netrition's website!!! Thank you Thank you Thank you to everyone who posted!!!!
  • Walden Farms
    Love, love, love the Blue Cheese Dip! It has been my hunger savior with raw veggies.

Chocolate Syrup - Finally enjoying chocolate milk again (made with 40 calorie unsweetened vanilla almond milk)

French onion dip, Peanut Butter and marshmallow dip made me gag - right into the trash.

Strawberry Fruit Dip - odd texture, but not bad on Wasa Crisp Bread with some Better "N Butter.

Chocolate Dip - not bad with strawberries and bananas.

Purchsaed, but have not yet tried Thick N Spicy BBQ Sauce, Cole Slaw dressing, Creamy Bacon and Sesame Ginder Dressing.
  • My husband and I love the chipotle ranch! It's really spicy hot. So if you don't like spicy food, don't try this one. I've really liked every thing that I've tried -- Honey Mustard Dressing, Bleu Cheese Dressing ... I have some of the BBQ sauce & mayo (I on using this for tuna salad) that I haven't sampled yet. I add raw onions to my salads, so that may be masking some of the chemical taste that others have commented on.
  • This is so funny... I actually like the ranch and thought the Balsamic was so nasty I actually threw out the whole salad I tried it on and made a new one!
  • I mixed the mayo with tuna today. I added some chopped pickles, Cajun seasoning, a tiny bit of garlic and onion. It tasted great.

I have a jar of the peanut "butter," and I'm afraid to try it because everyone seems to agree that it's pretty nasty.
  • Peanut butter is my weakness, so I really wanted the spread to work in something!! I now do a peanut butter shake, mixing the spread, vanilla RTD and ice in a blender. It's one of my favorite breakfasts. I also like to mix the 1000 Island and the Chipotle Ranch dressings. The Chipotle is too hot for me by itself. And, I use the marshmallow cream to sweeten and give that creamy look/feel to French Vanilla chai team. Really yummy!
  • The PB shake sounds great. I'll definitely try it!