How many minutes did you exercise today? (thread death?)

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Hi Everyone,

I'm returning to the boards after an absence. When I was last here (March? April?), there was a strong daily thread counting combined exercise minutes toward a monthly grand total. It's silly but I was really motivated to contribute (i.e., get off my butt and exercise) to that ever growing number of minutes. I searched and saw that the last month was in September.... anyone interested in resurrecting this thread?

So we can track the accumulated minutes, posts would look something like this:

Group: XXX mins (i.e., the last poster's total)
    Me:XXX minutes (i.e., what you did that day)
    New Group: X,XXX (i.e., Group minutes + your minutes)

If no takers, no worries.

Best,
    B.
  • Oh never mind, I'm 40!
  • I have never been apart of this thread before but am interested for sure!! I hope others are on board as well!!
  • Quote: Oh never mind, I'm 40!
    Hey JessLess,

If you want to do this thread, don't forget that 40 is the new 39! Let's see if we can get some more takers....

B.
  • Friday 1/21
    I'm in!

30 min weights (arms)
    50 min spin bike
  • Ha! I'm not a 30-something, but I have to tell you, I read this thread title as a dyslexic would:

How many minutes did you exercise today? (death threat?)

And thought to myself: "WHOA! Now those people are taking encouraging each other to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL."

Good on you, wherever you start posting your workouts for accountability.
  • Saef .... now that is the best laugh i've had today

I'll be in ..... I did 70 minutes with weight training and some intervals .....
  • Count me in! I did 30 Tae bo today.
  • I ran for 35 minutes.
  • Sat 1/22
    laps with kickboard: 45min. I am starting to love the pool.
  • 35 mins intervals
    34 mins brisk walk on tready
    ___
    69 mins
  • I ran 35 minutes again.
  • 2 hrs at pool (about 30 mins disciplined laps, 1 hr of other laps) and 22 mins running.

I totaled 297.87 minutes this week, plus about 2 hrs more at the pool with the kids last week that I didn't put in my exercise tally. Yay, me!
  • 60 min aerobics, 30 min yoga
  • Wow, that's what's happens when I don't check in for a few days.... Ok, so I guess this thread is alive and well then! For saef's sake, I'll try to change the thread title to "How many minutes did you exercise today - January".

And I just eyeballed everyone's numbers but here's where I think we are as of yesterday. If we could do a running total, then we'd have a good idea of how many minutes combined we generate each month (and then we have a goal to beat for the following month!)

Group: 760
    Me: 30 (walk)
    New Group: 790

Best,
    B.