Night time muncher needs help

• Hello, I'm here because I need help getting over the night time munchies. I do well all day at work and then go home and it all falls apart.

I'm following the old WW plan at home and since Jan. 1st, I've only lost 4lbs. I have a really hard time staying away from the beer at night but have managed to start saving the beer drinking for Saturdays and I try to save all my extra points to do this. However, for the last week or so, I can't stop eating the stuff I know is bad for me.

Last night I went home and after dinner, I sat down to watch TV and ate cookies, chocolate and chips & dip. I can't sit and watch everyone in my house eat what they want while I have to eat healthy.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stay away from the BAD foods at night? I need something I can munch on that still makes me feel like I'm having a treat.
  • My only suggestion is to have something like veggies and dip ready and get the baddies out of the house if you can. I frequently drink herb tea at night and just don't have beer in the house except for parties. Of course, I live alone so it's easy.

By the way, here's a good image for your avatar. butterfl
  • Re-jig your points so you eat more for dinner. If you are not feeling deprived, the muchies that everyone else is eating won't seem so appealing.

BTW, everyone else in your household could be more sensitive to your goal of eating healthy and not eat their junk in front of you :-)
  • I have the night time munchie problem too and I have the "game night" munchie problem. Its like I'm not even hungry but if I see others snacking or I stay up too long, I get hungry again and then I struggle. I did well last night. I ate more points for supper and then I did my exercise at 9pm and I didnt snack last night. I still went to bed at my usual late time as well.
  • I am a late night muncher! This is what I've been snacking on at night:
    wheat thins reduced fat (29 g serving-16 crackers) 3 PP
    Laughing Cow cheese wedge (2 wedges) 2 PP

Light ice cream, chocolate moose tracks (60g) 4 PP

Kettle Popcorn (whole bag) 4 PP

94% light popcorn (whole bag, it's bigger than the kettle corn) 3 PP

Sugar Free Jello Pudding cups 2 PP

Sugar Free Jello Cup 0 PP

Sugar Free Popsicle, can't remember the pts of the top of my head.

Hope this helps!! Good luck!
  • What popcorn are you using that comes out to 3PP for the bag? Best I've found is 5PP, which I share, so not bad, but I love popcorn!
  • I really like quakers mini rice cakes in the cheese flavor. One serving is 9 pieces and 2 pp. Sometimes it's nice just to have something crunchy! I'll drink water with it too. If you switch to pointsplus, fruit is free. You could have strawberries at night and put some honey on them if you have points left over for that...yum!