I Wasn't Recognized

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • When I first started this journey I saw posts from people reporting that people they hadn't seen in a while did not recognize them after loosing weight. I often wondered how that was possible or thought maybe that only happened after loosing 100 pounds.

Well, it happened to me. I couldn't believe it! I ran into someone I hadn't seen in over a year. I walked right up to her to give her a hug and she actually jumped back in reaction to a stranger trying to hug her. Then slowly the glimmer of recognition came back into her eyes and she screamed, "oh my god! I didn't recognize you! You look so good!"
  • awesome!!!!!
  • Thats amazing! Congratulations!
  • That is so cool!!!

• Aww that's like a gushy moment in a movie that you just want to bawl to. ^_^ So exciting! Good for you!

• What an awesome moment that must have been for you

Congratulations!
  • How lovely ! I had that with my doctor the other day - hilarious !
  • That must've felt amazing!!
  • Thats great and I know it made you feel good.
  • Yay!! That is wonderful
  • That's awesome and must have been very funny too! May yet take a year before it happens to me but would absolutely love to experience something like this one day. Thank you for sharing!
  • Oh, congratulations! I'm so happy for you...it must be a great feeling!
  • That's so cool!

I had the opposite happen. I ran into an OLD friend from the 6th grade while trick-or-treating with my kids and she DID recognize me! She would not have 80 pounds ago.
  • I get this a lot, but I don't know if it is my weight loss or that I'm just the most forgettable person ever.

Just 2 nights ago, I ran into a guy I knew in high school, but he was treating me like a total stranger, so I mentioned that I grasuated 2 years behind him and he just stared, then said, "I thought I remembered everyone from school... Did you use to wear your hair different?" I just laughed and said there was a lot different about me back then. I've had similar situations at least a dozen times in the last year.