IP Daily Chat - Thurs. 13 Jan. 2011

You're on Page 5 of 9
Go to
  • hi I don't know where my other posts went.. anyway I have lost 2 more pounds and am down to166. only8 more to go!!!I am actually wearing a size 14 skirt. used to be 18 and 20. It's all worth it.
  • I am an infrequent visitor to this site, but everytime I get on here, I learn so much and am greatly encouraged. I have been off IP for several months and plan to start up again next week (still one last holiday party this weekend)! But when I was on the diet before, I hit a plateau that took quite a while to leave. I haven't seen or spoken to my coach for weeks, so I was hoping someone on this site could tell me about the fruit alternative diet that some people go on to try to highjack plateaus. Is there info posted on this site for that alternate plan? Thanks so much!
  • On the exercise issue- you certainly need more protein! I started running/easy weight training at the gym last spring while on IP and did notice a stall, I asked my coach and she told me to try a boiled egg on those days, and it worked! Now, I've decided to lose the weight I want to lose and then after I finish this diet, work out to tone up as to not put my body under even more stress than it already is. I understand the annoyance of not working out though.
    Ahh the wonders of the female body... NOT. It's my TOM as well, and as everyone has reported, a slight water weight gain. I just vowed to continue to eat on protocol and not step on the scale again until TOM is long gone. No reason to feel b****y and fat this week :P
    I haven't been on the site for a while but am pleased to see the beginners from September are now leading the boards in advice, weight-loss. That's so very exciting!
    Idk if any of you remember me, but I am a student here in Kansas. I am a little over 2 months out from spending a week in South Padre, Texas with 15 of my other friends from high school. I decided that I never wanted to be ashamed to put on a swim suit again, and wanted to enjoy the ridiculous amount of money I'm spending on this trip so it was time to get down to business.
    I think I will be losing about 16 more lbs. I have 8 weeks to do it, I KNOW I CAN
    Hope you all have a fantastic day!
  • Quote: ugh- another day this week at the same weight. i guess i just need to wait until my official weigh in to see the change. (if there is one- YIKES!). i was really loving that great reinforcement of weight loss on the scale each morning. seeing that change every day was very motivating for me! i really don't want to complain, b/c i lost more last week than i ever have. just NERVOUS!
    i also have a question- has anyone had difficulty sleeping? since i started this diet, i've had trouble falling and staying asleep. I've never had this problem before, and i'm never hungry at bedtime.... any ideas?
    ha ha glad to see i'm not the only scale junkie! i find myself dependent on that little machine. my bf makes fun of me when i say i'm weighing in on this day and his response is don't you weigh in everyday! i have learned not to get discouraged if my body doesn't drop weight every single day. i have even grown to accept a pound gained. i figure between water retention and whatever protein i chose to eat the night before this could be part of it. seems i drop 2 pounds in one night then hold for 3 days then drop another 2. so i'll take that. like you said ... it's the OFFICIAL weigh in that counts!
  • I was really excited about my NSV earlier in the week --- no more necklace extenders, and now today I was super excited when I put on the clearance cords I got from Kohl's in size 20 that I was going to return because I didn't think they fit... and they work perfectly!

Was in size 28 when I started in July... to be sitting here in a size 20 in January (whether or not I've stalled in the last month), feels dang good!

Have a good one, everybody!
  • Quote: Good Morning All!

Yes, I am FINALLY on days off! I hope everyone has a fabulous day! Today I have dedicated to my little boy. I haven't been home much lately with work, so today is his day!
    Tomorrow is WI #15 for me, I am hoping that my little plateau due to some cheats has started to move. I am now 23 days to The Bahamas!!!!!

Have a great day everyone! Off to play play doh and make train tracks!
    Quote: I'm having a home day today as well! Right after I finish my "mocha" (chocolate shake mixed and then added to my coffee), we're going to play pirates and have a tea party! I love my home days with my little boy!! The hard part about being at home is drinking all the water and not nibbling!!! I'm going to put a roast in the slow cooker for supper tonight - its a cold and windy day here in Saskatchewan....have a great play day!
    Enjoy your day with your kids! They grow up before you know it! Both my kids are in college now and I really miss those play doh and tea party days!!

Congrats on all of the wonderful weigh ins! to all the newbies! The first of the year brought us lots of new people! You will love it here! I was definitely a member of the slow losers club, I averaged about 2 pounds a week, but reading these posts everyday kept me motivated! The program works - just keep IP'ing one day at a time!

Today I started Phase 4! I phased off a little early due to a cruise that I am going on in 16 days! I can't believe it is so close! I really wish I were about 10 pounds lighter but I am comforted by knowing that as soon as I come back I can start Phase 1 again and correct any damage that I may have done! I already made the appointment with my coach! As everyone said on the Life After Phase 1 thread, "It's great to have the knowledge and the tools to get the job done!"

Has anyone in Phase 4 been able to still lose weight? I was wondering if I were very careful and made wise choices, could I lose some weight without going back to a full Phase 1 or Phase 2 protocol.

Have a great wintery day!
  • Quote: I have another question I want to throw out there.
    Some days I only have 2 IP packets. My coach told me I must be having 3 at my weight, but I'm not hungry as I make my lunch veggies last all afternoon and don't eat dinner untill 7pm. he says I shouldn't go without eating for 12 hours but I don't wake up overly hungry. I thought I could just could just keep going on 2 packets a third if I need one. Anyone else do this?
    I did this once on saturday. I told my coach about it and she just kinda gave me this look and was like stop it you have to eat all 3. Something about the level of protein and amino acids etc that it provides. I didn't have any problem eating when i wasn't hungry before so i figure i should have no reason to not eat now...especially a packet (i prefer the sweet puddings or chocolate drinks that i make into hot chocolate).
  • Quote: This is just great!! My co workers just went to Burger King and bought lots of food. They are right in front of me!! Aghhh.. This is really hard!!!
    Luckily you have a WI to focus on! you can do it! stay strong! just think they will all be in a carb coma here shortly and useless!!! and personally i would probably feel like CRAP not only mentally but physically afterwards. So think about that. I can tell you from my short experience that EVERY single time i resist pizza candy etc etc etc that is right there calling my name and so accessable the feeling i have when i wake up the next day is better than ANY feeling i would have had while eating that crap. PLUS the scale usually drops which is just a gift from the gods to say see you can do it TAAHH DAHHH!!!
    I look forward to hearing how you resisted and how good you feel tomorrow!!!
  • Quote: Thats exactly what I do, I have my 3rd one at around 3 at work, and then dinner at 6, then I quit eating. I think of this as a change of lifestyle as well, and we all know that eating in the evening puts on weight.
    This is untrue, eating a healthy snack before bed will not cause you to put on weight. Your body will break down the nutrients while you sleep and they will be readily available for your body to use in the morning. When people talk of not eating after a certain time it's typically because that's when the junk comes out (ect. chips and such while watching TV)

P.S. it's -40 here!
  • Quote: On the exercise issue- you certainly need more protein! I started running/easy weight training at the gym last spring while on IP and did notice a stall, I asked my coach and she told me to try a boiled egg on those days, and it worked! Now, I've decided to lose the weight I want to lose and then after I finish this diet, work out to tone up as to not put my body under even more stress than it already is. I understand the annoyance of not working out though.
    Ahh the wonders of the female body... NOT. It's my TOM as well, and as everyone has reported, a slight water weight gain. I just vowed to continue to eat on protocol and not step on the scale again until TOM is long gone. No reason to feel b****y and fat this week :P
    I haven't been on the site for a while but am pleased to see the beginners from September are now leading the boards in advice, weight-loss. That's so very exciting!
    Idk if any of you remember me, but I am a student here in Kansas. I am a little over 2 months out from spending a week in South Padre, Texas with 15 of my other friends from high school. I decided that I never wanted to be ashamed to put on a swim suit again, and wanted to enjoy the ridiculous amount of money I'm spending on this trip so it was time to get down to business.
    I think I will be losing about 16 more lbs. I have 8 weeks to do it, I KNOW I CAN
    Hope you all have a fantastic day!
    Hi there! Just wanted to comment that if you haven't visited before, you are going to LOVE South Padre Island. I was born and raised in TX and have never gotten tired of SPI. A paradise where you least expect it.
  • Quote: Send that wind here to Manitoba, I would like a snow day tomorrow!! LOL

Good luck with getting those last few lbs off!!
    You can do it!
    We got a lot of snow here in Central MB last night!

Quote: I was really excited about my NSV earlier in the week --- no more necklace extenders, and now today I was super excited when I put on the clearance cords I got from Kohl's in size 20 that I was going to return because I didn't think they fit... and they work perfectly!

Was in size 28 when I started in July... to be sitting here in a size 20 in January (whether or not I've stalled in the last month), feels dang good!

Have a good one, everybody!
    Good job! That is an awesome NSV

Quote: This is untrue, eating a healthy snack before bed will not cause you to put on weight. Your body will break down the nutrients while you sleep and they will be readily available for your body to use in the morning. When people talk of not eating after a certain time it's typically because that's when the junk comes out (ect. chips and such while watching TV)

P.S. it's -40 here!
    Ugh....-40. It hasn't hit that here yet this year surprisingly, maybe while I'm in The Bahamas! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

My boss refers to my "space food" silver packets as "the food that eats me, while I sleep!"
  • Quote: W1 last night. Down 6.4lbs! I was really hoping for more but I'll take it! Fingers crossed next weeks is around the same amount.

Question I forgot to ask my coach, why are onions listed as acceptable veggy but raw only?

Have a great IP day everyone!

congrats on your success. the reason you have to eat raw onions is because once you cook the onions it caramalizes them and brings out the sugars. if you do like hot onions you can put them in the oven on 350 for 10-15 min. just keep checking them and don't let them caramalize. i have gotten the okay from my coach to do this for hot onions. of course i put my seasonings on my onions before they go into the oven for even better taste. good luck.
  • Quote: ugh- another day this week at the same weight. i guess i just need to wait until my official weigh in to see the change. (if there is one- YIKES!). i was really loving that great reinforcement of weight loss on the scale each morning. seeing that change every day was very motivating for me! i really don't want to complain, b/c i lost more last week than i ever have. just NERVOUS!
    i also have a question- has anyone had difficulty sleeping? since i started this diet, i've had trouble falling and staying asleep. I've never had this problem before, and i'm never hungry at bedtime.... any ideas?

Your stats are almost identical to mine. What week of IP are you in? For me in week 1 lost 4.5 pounds but I just finished week 2 and only lost 1 pound. I'm learning that getting on the scale every day is not necessarily the best thing for me. There's so much that can dictate what happens on a day to day basis - like water weight. Just hang in there. I think we can't expect huge losses each week because we just don't have as far to go and we we'll be fight for a pound or two a week. Best of luck and don't lose motivation! I'm trying not to lose motivation as well
  • My first weigh in was today only after being on IP for 3 days. I lost 9.6 lbs. Do not know the inches lost as my coaches seem to go through the motions, take my money and move on. Next weigh in will be a full week of IP. It is very exciting. Good work on all others weight loss.
  • Quote: I did this once on saturday. I told my coach about it and she just kinda gave me this look and was like stop it you have to eat all 3. Something about the level of protein and amino acids etc that it provides. I didn't have any problem eating when i wasn't hungry before so i figure i should have no reason to not eat now...especially a packet (i prefer the sweet puddings or chocolate drinks that i make into hot chocolate).
    My coach said the same thing. I have to have that 3rd packet before i go to bed. M-F I don't get home until 9 ish at night, so I usually have a pudding made into a shake. My back up option is the EAS carb-advantage RTDs, but that's when I'm out of the pudding.