Why is my dog scared?

• Hi, my dog isn't pudgy, but I have a question for all you dog lovers. I have a 6 month old chi mix who is fearless. Most of the time chi's are skiddish, but my dog will go up to a pit and start playing. However, today I am seeing a different dog. She was out on the patio for 5 minutes when the pest control guy came to spray. She didn't see him come in or even know he was here. When I let her in she was acting funny. Like she was scared of something. The only thing that I can think of is that she smells his scent. Does anyone know what could be the matter?
  • Is she having a reaction to what he sprayed?
  • Well he didn't spray anything, he just had a small tube that he used. I asked the same thing on yahoo answers and many people said that she probably smells what he used and is staying away from it.
  • Maybe give her her favorite treat and some extra attention to calm her nerves if you know she didn't eat or touch any of the chemical. Maybe a nice walk away from the house will help? If it's not too cold anyways.
  • Call pest control company.
  • It is probably because of the smell. It is a weird smell, something she hasn't experienced before. Is she OK now after a few days?