The Onederland Express - Hop on Here! #4

You're on Page 9 of 35
Go to
  • I missed you all yesterday. It was a busy Saturday filled with house cleaning, laundry (still have a little more to do) and grocery shopping. We had dinner with some friends last night. The day just flew by quickly.

Today will be busy as well. Getting ready for church, then over to visit my father-in-law, then home for lunch. I want to get a nap in and 30 min of exercise. I also have to do some work at home today as I'm taking an unexpected day off tomorrow. My brother and his life partner have been in the process of adopting a baby since July. Tomorrow is the final adoption day. Everything should go smoothly and we are hoping for a very happy day. My brother asked me on Friday night if I would be at the courthouse with them on Monday. Of course I will!

So, I'm going to take a personal day but I have a powerpoint training that I'm working on and my manager needs to see it tomorrow afternoon to add his part so I will get it done today and email it to him. I am almost done with it, just need about a hour or so to fine tune it.

Arabella: I feel much better when I stay away from refined sugar. So, why do we go back to those things when we know we feel better off them?!

Liz: I hope you had a wonderful time celebrating your DD 1st birthday. They do grow up so fast! I'm also glad to hear that you liked the swimming and plan on doing it every week. Looks like it paid off with that 1.8 lb loss!

Carri: Looks like you did what you needed to get over the binge. Congrats on the loss! I laughed when I read that it would consist of watching what you wanted to on TV. A few years back I worked a job where I traveled about 5 days a month. My DH was always worried I would be out partying with the group. I was like, are you kidding me? I can stay in my hotel room and watch the tv I want to watch and flip the channel when I want or NOT flipp it...I hate the channel flipping!

Mel: I hope you enjoyed your alone time.
  • Fly by post since I am not doing so well. I will reply to everyone tomorrow. My hormones have been going nuts for the past few days and I have been constantly hungry and not able to control myself. My 1st TOM since 12 weeks ago will be in 1 week so I guess thats why I feel like I am going nuts lol I have been eating everything in sight and not counting anything. As a result I am 195.0 this morning..I am sad but honestly don't care right now bc of my hormones blah! Hope to get back on track tomorrow and hope the TOM in a week doesnt kill me lol
  • Good afternoon Girls

So far so good, still staying strong and on plan for my weekend...it helps that I actually have good things in the house to eat. I find I do better if I get groceries once a week instead of every two weeks like I used to.

Apparently ( and this all can change VERY quickly ) we might be getting more than 10 inches of snow ( and ice ), starting tomorrow night ...if this does truly happen it will be a big mess and I highly doubt I will be going to work on Tuesday, which I wouldnt mind of course...but things can change so we will see if it actually happens.

Susie - yes it is all about watching your own tv shows with out comments from the peanut gallery, haha...congrats on the new baby into your family, congrats to your brother and his partner. Hope all goes well.

Mel - the three months pills do take a while to get used to, so dont get discouraged...I think it took me a couple of the 3 month cycles before I started feeling good...I actually went on a generic that really messed me up and just had to go back to the name brand, which is much better on me and my hormones...so hang in there The TOM wont be that bad, should be light, it is just harder on you because you havent had one for three months...

Arabella - glad you are back and getting on track...I feel so much better without the refined sugar too...I have not really had any for a couple of weeks now.

Liz - congrats on the 1.8 pds down...you are so rockin !!

Hi to everyone else...back to work tomorrow...yay rah sis boom bah

Have a good day all !!!!

Carri
  • Mel - Wow that BC is really throwing you for a loop, huh? It is the pill (I forget I think)? Hope you're feeling better soon! I get so moody when TOM is due...the poor kids and DH.

Susie - Congrats to your brother and his partner!! And to you, auntie! Let us know how everything goes!

Arabella - Glad you're feeling good! Can I ask what you're reading? I need some good book suggestions.

Well we had DD's party tonight, lots fun....I saved calories but didn't eat much (too busy). However I just made up for it with a snack. Somebody made a comment about how I basically eat air, which I didn't really appreciate, since it's not true. 1500 calories a day is definitely not air! I don't tend to eat in party settings though - I just find it too easy to over indulge, so it just works for me not to eat much and then eat something portion controlled later....it doesn't bug me not to eat since I know I will later. But, enough of that, just thought I'd share a few pics of DD's party:

• Ok I feel a little better right now emotionally. Poor Dh had to go through a rough time with me earlier...he even asked me if I was PMSing haha I am hoping all these cravings will be gone tomorrow and my hormones calm down for everyones sake! lol

Carri- Congrats on the loss!! Hope you dont get that much snow!! I have to agree with you on the pills, this is my first pack and I havent had any real problems until now. I can not wait for the next 2 weeks to be over so I will feel normal again. I am on the I'm guessing generic (Jolessa).

Liz- No call from jail from DH so it was all good haha Happy Birthday to your little girl! Looks like she had fun at the party and you look fantastic! Ignore anyone who makes little comments like that bc you have done amazing and you know you are eating enough!

Arabella- Hope you and I get back on track totally soon but I feel you on it being hard right now. I always thought it was better to eat wheat instead of white bread....should I just cut it out totally? I love pb and banana sandwiches so I would have to use something lol

Susie-Congrats to your brother and his partner on the adoption! It is always good to have an addition to the family
  • We went to see The King's Speech with DSIL & DBIL yesterday and then had them over for dinner. The movie was SO good and, I'm happy to report, I behaved myself perfectly. Well, maybe a little too much wine...

Three days in without wheat or sugar (except in aforementioned wine )

Mel, in Canada we call the brown stuff "whole wheat" but they're both wheat. The white stuff just has everything good for you removed from the flour and then it's bleached. I hear you on the sammies, though -- it's a bitter pill for me. You can't really buy gluten-free bread that's good for you and also fit to eat, at least not around here. And I haven't yet found a recipe that really makes a good bread for sandwiches. I continue to try, though.

Liz, books I've really enjoyed lately: Black Swan Green, Major Pettigrew's Last Stand. A few old favorites: Prodigal Summer, Away by Jane Urquhart, Away by Amy Bloom, The Cure for Death by Lightning, Where the God of Love Hangs Out.

Your party strategy makes perfect sense. And, furthermore, it works! Happy Birthday to your little sweetie!

Carri, good for you -- I know how difficult it is for you giving up your soda. Hope you get your snow day! We have to lose the power here for me to get it off work, which almost never happens.

Why must weekends be so short, huh?

Susie, I think we forget that a little bit of what we shouldn't have often leads to more of it. And then our heads and bodies are all messed up and we're not thinking clearly enough to get ourselves free again. I'm SO glad to be off it again. DSIL's birthday's coming up next Sat. and I'm already thinking about how to get my head on straight for it: NO cake (unless I bake it and make it a special no-wheat, no-sugar one).

Auntie g, if you're out there, Sweetie, know that we're thinking about you and sending good energy for better times! Try to do things that make you feel better. If you're interested I'd love to be your "make it better" pal -- make a pact to try to do certain things daily and report on it.

K, Lovelies, let's get out there and make today work for us!

• Morning Girls....everybody is talking about the big weather system heading our way, now looks like we might get an ice storm and then snow, say we might lose power...dh is going out today to buy a generator...I hate to spend the money but if we are without power our sump pump for the basement wont work and it might flood...I have alot of stuff down there that would be ruined...specifically alot of exercise equipment that is too expensive for me to replace...so I am keeping fingers crossed we dont lose power...I wanna be stuck at home but WITH power

Oh and congrats to me I was able to stay OP all weekend !!! AND that was even through dh not being able too and eating good stuff in front of me!!!

Liz - those pics are adorable ! Of you and her, haha ...your face looks so thin...I wouldnt worry about the comments either...you have lost it the smart way and 1500 cals is plenty...

Arabella - I hear Kings Speech is so good, I really want to see it...I also really want to see Black Swan...need to get out and see some movies...if it ever warms up here again haha ...we have quite a bit of gluten free things here at our Kroger stores...I have a friend who buys alot of it because she has to, and she says most of it tastes pretty good...I have tried the crackers and they are not bad...she bakes ALOT and she will make these great desserts and then she tells you the crust is gluten free, you could never tell, they are so good...

Mel - it will get better I was on the generic for Seasonale, which was Quasense...it was really bad for me and my gyno said they here that from alot of women, so she put me back on Seasonique ( which I prefer over Seasonale ) ...but man is it expensive !!! Sucks...but what are ya gonna do I guess...

Hope you all have a good day...stay OP !!!!

Later,
    Carri
  • Arabella-I will just have to limit how much wheat I eat bc I can't go back to white bread bc its just to bad for me! It's funny bc I cant have dairy (unless I take my lactose pills) so there is one side of the fridge with 1% milk,yogurt and everything else I cant eat and lactose milk,fruit cups and sugar free jello on the other side haha I don't know if I could totally cut out sugar so I give you props!!

So far so good today and staying on plan! I know that I can do it bc I have done it in the past. I have a whole new outlook on this. I am about to go in the kitchen and put everything I shouldnt be eating in one cupboard for everyone else and everything for me in another. I guess the only way to stay away from temptation is to just not see it lol

Hope everyone has a great day and wish me luck! Thank you so much for all the support!

And as a little side note I told DH that he better not get me a bunch of chocolate for Valentines day haha!
  • Mel - I am lactose intolerant too ...so I know your pain ...it does suck
  • Carri- I guess we were posting at the same time bc I just saw it Yay for you staying OP for the weekend!! Thanks for the support with the pills and its great to know someone who has been through it! I saw on our news that you all are going to be hit pretty hard but I hope they are wrong. Good luck for the next few days and update us if you can...and stay warm!! It seems like we have more and more in common...boo for our lactose problems!!!
  • 1 OP day down...going to start February off on a good note!
  • Arabella - Thanks for the book recommendations! I'll check a few of those out and see if they have a copy at the library. I heard the King's Speech is really good, I'm hoping to see it soon.

Carri - We're supposed to be getting tons of snow here too....blech. My boss is here from Vancouver and what are we spending the week doing? Driving around to see clients - yuck! And I'm supposed to be driving! Yuckier! And yes, stuck at home with power sounds really nice!! Good job on staying OP!!

Mel - Glad you're feeling better and yay to you too for being on plan!!

Anyways just got back from swimming, it was fun - the only problem my swimming buddy and I end up chatting too much and swimming too little because we don't see each other enough! lol Oh well hopefully as time goes on we'll swim more and chat less. We'll see. Off to bed, talk to you tomorrow ladies!
  • Liz- Thanks for the congrats! Sounds like you had fun swimming!

I am ready to have a much more productive month! I feel like I have a clean slate and ready to concur this month so March 1st (my 27th bday yikes!) I can be at 190 and feel great!

Have a great day ladies!
  • Evening Girls, it is getting ugly here...we are on stand by with our wood in the fireplace, generator, and candles...the lights are flickering and we have had freezing rain and high winds since about 3 this afternoon ...supposed to do it until 7 tomorrow morning so I am pretty sure we will lose power at some point ...needless to say ( for me anyway ) I have not been OP today...I saw it as a cozy snow day off ( didnt go to work ) and made brownies and had pizza, so that wasnt good but what are ya gonna do...

so just a quick check in before power goes out ...haha ...I am really PRAYING that it doesnt go out, keep your fingers crossed for me ...

I really think work will be closed tomorrow, most places around here have already closed for tomorrow.

talk to you guys later.

Carri
  • Hi. I typed a long post and it disappeared. Uggh!!

Everything went well with te adoption court date yesterday and it is all offical now.

I am having trouble staying on plan this week; I've not been journaling but tomorrow I'm back to it! Also having some back issues this week. It's very stiff. I have issues sometimes with it. I'm doing my stretches and icing it. I will not workout this week but rather get my mobility back.

We are dealing with a lot of ice here--winter is just wearing me out!

Cari: Stay safe in these winter storms. It's ok to get off plan one day but be sure to get right back on tomorro..each day off it gets harder to get back on.

Mel: Glad things have started out well for you...keep it up!

Liz: Your baby is really cute. Just keep swimming....you will get into it and will soon swim more than visit. Let it develop and enjoy the time.

Arabella: I"m coming off sugar again...I had a couple of regular sodas. I'm in the brain fog right now. You keep up the good work and be my role model!

See you all tomorrow.